News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking to buy a General Lee? STAY AWAY FROM BK AUTO!! It's almost over!!!

Started by jb666, November 15, 2008, 12:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jb666

Quote from: autodynamics on July 08, 2012, 04:36:41 PM
Hey snap some pics of the shortend rear end and the new stance from the rear !!!
Curious about the vectors stretched

I'll go grab a couple of shots for you. I was originally going to have it mini-tubbed, but I didn't want to go that route. So when Jon told me he could narrow the rear end and get everything tucked in perfectly, I jumped at the opportunity..

Scott @ Detroit Vintage Wheels did the vectors for me. to clarify, when I say "custom Vectors", I simply meant the extensive process he put them through restoring them, but they are dedicated Mopar 10" wide x 15" old school vectors.  Then they were CNC'd, powdercoated and clearcoated. They are pcs of art....

Quote from: marshallfry01 on July 08, 2012, 04:37:29 PM
WOW!!!! That truck is freakin awesome! I love it!! And I know what you mean by being an audio nut. I gotta have a good system in my truck. I guess it just shows my young age...18.. Lol. Your car is amazing! It sure has came a long way!

I don't think it's anything to do with age.. I've had kick ass systems in all of my vehicles. My truck's system is a 155+DB system that'll blow your ear drums.. But that's my DD so I wanted it that way. When I was 18 I couldn't AFFORD systems like that, never mind want them.. All I cared about back then was going fast.. And even that was a stretch..

Thank you for the compliment.. I appreciate it  :cheers: :cheers:

jb666

Here's a quick shot taken from the IPhone.. I'm heading outside in a while, I'll get a better shot for you... And yeah.. I know... I hadn't roasted the stickers off yet  :slap:

charger01

Iam sure you are quite aware. That is the baddest general lee replica on the planet. Soo envious, Nice work!

jb666

Quote from: charger01 on July 08, 2012, 05:36:03 PM
Iam sure you are quite aware. That is the baddest general lee replica on the planet. Soo envious, Nice work!

Thank you.. But really, I just did this the way I always wanted "mine" to be...  And it's almost there  :lol:

Here's a shot the wife snapped behind me one night while driving... Sorry if it's a blur, but gives you a good view...

jb666

c00nhunterjoe

resq302

Love the paintings of the car and even love the wood work better!  Never knew that there was a tv under there till I scrolled back up and put 2 and 2 together to figure out thats what the rope was for.  Nice job!   :2thumbs:
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Old Moparz

Quote from: jb666 on July 08, 2012, 04:15:56 PM

The 20 year old cedar was a nice touch too... Gives it the vintage look.

As long as you brought the subject of wood up, you might like these pics if you didn't see them already. I found them online ages ago, can't remember where, & posted them, but I figure posting them again here would be okay.   :icon_smile_big:
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Steve P.

WOW!!!!  Pretty cool and one hell of alllllottttttttt of work.....  :2thumbs:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

jb666

Quote from: Steve P. on July 09, 2012, 05:04:12 PM
WOW!!!!  Pretty cool and one hell of alllllottttttttt of work.....  :2thumbs:

Thank you. I wanted something different that made people stand back and say "Holy shit!", and now I've achieved that no matter which end of the car you're looking at...

Quote from: Old Moparz on July 09, 2012, 04:30:41 PM
Quote from: jb666 on July 08, 2012, 04:15:56 PM

The 20 year old cedar was a nice touch too... Gives it the vintage look.

As long as you brought the subject of wood up, you might like these pics if you didn't see them already. I found them online ages ago, can't remember where, & posted them, but I figure posting them again here would be okay.   :icon_smile_big:

That is VERY cool... I saw that a while back.

Quote from: resq302 on July 09, 2012, 12:36:33 PM
Love the paintings of the car and even love the wood work better!  Never knew that there was a tv under there till I scrolled back up and put 2 and 2 together to figure out thats what the rope was for.  Nice job!   :2thumbs:

Thanks!! My buddy Chuck (who painted my car) does all my garage art as well.

Quote from: c00nhunterjoe on July 08, 2012, 10:27:27 PM
That's sofa king badass

That's sofa king cool of you to say, thanks!!!  :cheers:

I ordered my line-lock today..  :cheers:

Stretch

That trunk is awesome! Hell the car, the story, the talanted people you met along the way, the enr result, All of it is AWESOME!
I may be schizophrenic but at least I have us!

jb666

Just when you thought it was over...

I put a lot of thought into doing this when the car was first being built, and decided to keep it looking as much like a "real" GL as possible... Until now.. I decided, this winter, that I was just going to do it... Some may ask "why not build another one and leave this alone?", but why??  My thoughts are always that you only live once, and to make it count... So that's exactly what I'm doing... I'm gonna go out with a smile on my face....

The ProCharger/EFI came out (all for sale).. And a polished Blower Shop Blower W/Polished Indy Intake , 2 polished QuickFuel carbs and a bunch of other goodies went in.. Tons of time, fabrication, and paint work are going into the completion of this project.. But when all's said and done, I look back and think THIS IS IT!!!

It didn't go back on the dyno when it was done, so all I can say is WOW, does this thing have some major low end power now.. It whipped my sunglasses off my head and into the back seat at 1/2 throttle...  :lol:

And today, the hood was cut... And before anyone has heart failure, remember that NOTHING about this car is "original".. it's an AMD hood... And I didn't feel like buying a glass hood just so I could preserve this one...

What's next? De-Generalizing? Tubbing? Jet Engine? Hmmm......

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

jb666

Quote from: moparstuart on May 20, 2013, 07:26:56 PM
Jeff is out of controll   :nana: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :2thumbs:

Yes... This much is true...  But until I find my Bandit T/A... I just can't stop!!

Steve P.

I would never ask why.. Just looking at the pic. is the reason. I happen to be a guy that was lucky enough to have driven a Big BLOWN Mopar once and that again is enough reason...

Waiting for you to wax the 1/4s and fire up the camcorder with a massive BLOWN BURNOUT!!!

Time for a new "T" shirt Jeff....   "INJECTION IS NICE, BUT I'D RATHER BE BLOWN"   :icon_smile_cool:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Just 6T9 CHGR

Sweet jeebus man!   I've been watching on FB and was wondering when you were going to update here  :thumbs:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

projectanimal

WOW.... Amazing work!!!   :cheers: :2thumbs:

If that doesn't jump a barn and a train at once, no GL will!!!!  :smilielol:
northwest CT

jb666

Quote from: Steve P. on May 20, 2013, 07:46:51 PM
I would never ask why.. Just looking at the pic. is the reason. I happen to be a guy that was lucky enough to have driven a Big BLOWN Mopar once and that again is enough reason...

Waiting for you to wax the 1/4s and fire up the camcorder with a massive BLOWN BURNOUT!!!

Time for a new "T" shirt Jeff....   "INJECTION IS NICE, BUT I'D RATHER BE BLOWN"   :icon_smile_cool:

LOL! There's a video up on FB, but I didn't upload it to YouTube.. Kind of a lame burnout, but I was working with limited space.... And I have to say it.... I hated the injection.. OLD SCHOOL IS BETTER (this won't help my sale any).

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on May 20, 2013, 07:49:24 PM
Sweet jeebus man!   I've been watching on FB and was wondering when you were going to update here  :thumbs:

:lol: It was only a matter of time.. I'm a FB post whore.. They make it very easy.

Quote from: projectanimal on May 20, 2013, 07:50:19 PM
WOW.... Amazing work!!!   :cheers: :2thumbs:

If that doesn't jump a barn and a train at once, no GL will!!!!  :smilielol:

I tell people that too... I get asked at every show "Can this jump?".. Yeah, ONCE!!

As for the work, Jon @ Tube Chassis is the master mind behind all of this... And when I say he's got this thing dialed in and running PERFECTLY, that's an understatement.. mega throttle response and killer power... Great combo...

Indygenerallee

Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

jb666

Quote from: Indygenerallee on May 20, 2013, 08:00:27 PM
:lol: That's killer!! Love it!!

Thanks! I had a guy walk up to me at a show Friday night and say "The real General Lee didn't have a blower".

Who gives a crap what the "REAL" General Lee had?! they slapped together any shitbox they could find and trashed it.. No one cared about the motor...  This is my car, my twist, my empty bank account.. And I'm loving every second.

resq302

I think the General just got a 4 star General promotion with that add on!   :2thumbs:
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Indygenerallee

Tub it and then you can tell everyone it's the "standup General Lee" God even knows where that car is now!?
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

jb666

I have to say.. I don't think I've EVER enjoyed a car as much as I've enjoyed this over the past few years...  Glad I dumped the Z06 and took the plunge into TV-land...  :lol: