News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking to buy a General Lee? STAY AWAY FROM BK AUTO!! It's almost over!!!

Started by jb666, November 15, 2008, 12:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jb666

Well, I got a call tonight (from the shop) that the entire rear window area is done..

Get this -- The rear window BK installed in my car was ground down to fit.. They used so much bondo building up the rear window area that the window no longer fit.. So they took 1/2" off the window  :o

Needless to say, new rear glass has been ordered...  :popcrn:

EDIT-- I accidentally put in 2" and meant to type 1/2"..

Steve P.

Oh that's real nice.. How would you like to be the poor person behind that car doing 60 down the highway when that back glass comes flying back at you??

Just plain CRIMINAL.........  :rotz:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

jb666

Quote from: Steve P. on December 16, 2008, 05:54:48 PM
Oh that's real nice.. How would you like to be the poor person behind that car doing 60 down the highway when that back glass comes flying back at you??

Just plain CRIMINAL.........  :rotz:

Considering the bondo was holding the window IN, too, makes it even better... The only thing the black adhesive was holding in was the chrome trim, which had no clips -- It was literally glued to the car.

How about the poor person behind me when my gas-tank decided to let go? Or when both of my rear shocks just fall off the car and go flying?? The best would have been my "reconditioned" ball joints flying off as I do 60. Either way, it wouldn't have been pleasant to be behind me. :brickwall:

moparstuart

Quote from: jb666 on December 16, 2008, 05:50:48 PM
Well, I got a call tonight (from the shop) that the entire rear window area is done..

Get this -- The rear window BK installed in my car was ground down to fit.. They used so much bondo building up the rear window area that the window no longer fit.. So they took 2" off the window  :o

better get a molding also 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

jb666

Quote from: moparstuart on December 16, 2008, 05:58:30 PM

Get this -- The rear window BK installed in my car was ground down to fit.. They used so much bondo building up the rear window area that the window no longer fit.. So they took 2" off the window  :o

Coming with the new glass  :cheers:

Anyone need one slightly used, tinted, shaved down rear window from a freshly restored '69 Charger? I'll sell it cheap!!  :icon_smile_big:

Steve P.

That could be a good glass for someone in the hot at needs a fairly flat glass to chop.  Are you sure it is short and the problem isn't that they added two inches of roof??  :scratchchin:  Just kidding. I know at some point we all need to laugh. I would be absolutely hysterical if the car was mine...

I must say that I think you are handling this pretty well, considering. I on the other hand, might be jailed by now....
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

moparstuart

Quote from: jb666 on December 16, 2008, 06:03:08 PM

Anyone need one slightly used, tinted, shaved down rear window from a freshly restored '69 Charger? I'll sell it cheap!!  :icon_smile_big:
helpig could use it , they like the bondo

jb666

Quote from: moparstuart on December 17, 2008, 10:25:45 AM
Quote from: jb666 on December 16, 2008, 06:03:08 PM

helpig could use it , they like the bondo

One conversation I was having with Thomas, I asked him to "say hi to his buddy Hans for all of us". He says "I dont know anyone named Hans".. Well, SOMEONE taught him how to be a master Bondo Technician  :slap:

TeeWJay426

All the Charger world needs now is for someone to do for HLPAG what jb666 & skip68 have done for BK Automotive! :2thumbs:
74 Charger SE, 400 HP, 4-speed

mikepmcs

Well, let me get the ball rolling then.  There are a few lurkers on this site now that can run with this one i'm sure.
Have at it boys and gals.

Tony Silva's Charger from Hans and the boys in Lake VIlla, Illinois.  19 pages.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,3692.0.html

Sorry to hijack JB but, I'm gonna use your thread to possibly draw some negative attention towards HLPAG, which stands for Hans Luedtke's Performance Auto Group
http://www.hlpag.com/

Just type in HLPAG in google and you'll need to go no farther.

GO get em' Chuck and J.

Thanks for the hijack

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

jb666

I know where you're coming from, Mike, but HLPAG is already associated with CRAP, JUNK, GARBAGE cars.. Hell, when I was first looking for a GL, I Googled HLPAG and found hundreds of complaints about HLPAG coming from all over the world... I never saw anything like it, and I ran the other way.. Right into a BK car....  :brickwall:

I really think HLPAG and BK should be categorized together as crooks. They both rip people off for a living and they both continue to do so without any legal recourse.. (Until now). HOW they are both still in business I'll never know..

skip68

I would call them invited guest's and not lurkers.  :icon_smile_big:  The problem with HLPAG is they are a little smarter than BK is. They are a bit more legit than BK is as well.  :yesnod: But, they still need some looking into.  :yesnod:  The best thing to do with HLPAG is to set them up.   :naughty:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Ghoste

I'm not sure I'd find a lot of what Hans does to be any more legit either, at least not his marketing methods.

C_stripes

I posted this on abodiesonly a little while ago.

I still can't believe this. :'(
I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

skip68

Very very true.  :yesnod:  But, Hans is better at the fine print and how he says it than BK.  Remember, it's not what you say it's how you say it.  :yesnod:  HLPAG needs to be looked into but it will be more challenging than BK is.  I just don't have the time it would take to make the right waves with Hans.   :'(   Chuck..........
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

dkn1997

Quote from: skip68 on December 17, 2008, 06:41:04 PM
Very very true.  :yesnod:  But, Hans is better at the fine print and how he says it than BK.  Remember, it's not what you say it's how you say it.  :yesnod:  HLPAG needs to be looked into but it will be more challenging than BK is.  I just don't have the time it would take to make the right waves with Hans.   :'(   Chuck..........

Hlpag will get theirs someday.  somehow.....
RECHRGED

jb666

Wait until you see today's abomination... Jon took the shifter assembly out of the car.. If you want to call it that. Welded scrap metal, all cut up, rusted... And those are the finer points. I'll post a couple of pictures in a few minutes, in the meantime, check this out.. This is the front driver's fender.. GREAT job on the undercoating, huh?? Gotta love the overspray that's everywhere, too...

The front fenders are going in the trash pile too, along with the hood.. They are horrible.. Painted over rust holes, visible patches..

mikepmcs

Actually, as bad as you think those fenders are, someone on this site might really need them and be willing to do the work to make them drivers.  Don't be too hasty on the trashpile thing.   I just got rid of my wrecked fenders to a guy here in Maine for his nostalgia series race car. 
One mans trash is another mans treasure, IMHO.

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

jb666

Quote from: mikepmcs on December 17, 2008, 07:46:00 PM
Actually, as bad as you think those fenders are, someone on this site might really need them and be willing to do the work to make them drivers.  Don't be too hasty on the trashpile thing.   I just got rid of my wrecked fenders to a guy here in Maine for his nostalgia series race car. 
One mans trash is another mans treasure, IMHO.

v/r
Mike

Oh, don't worry, I won't just toss them.. I realize someone here could use them, and if that's the case, they are theres!! I'm not looking for anything for parts like that.. I also have a hood that'll be coming off before the repaint..

Hang on, pictures are coming... :popcrn:

Brian Lohnes

Hey everyone,

My name is Brian Lohnes. I'm the guy from Freiburger's Junkyard.com who wrote the item on the car. I'm a freelancer for a few car mags and one of the three dudes behind www.freiburgersjunkyard.com

I talked to Jon last Saturday night as we were at the same racing function and he was filling me in on the car and this story. It's amazing in that really bad kind of way.

I'm headed down to Jon's workshop on Friday to take a bunch of high-res photos of stuff. I was headed there to zap photos of some race cars he is working on, but then this all came down the pipe and...yowza!  Anyway, as JB has said multiple times and I said in my piece, Jon is definitely the guy to put things right here. It's a rare day when one gets to expose what appears to be some insanely shoddy work and at the same time help promote the work of a truly talented craftsman.

A big ol' honkin' gallery of photos and stuff from Jon will be posted over at freiburgersjunkyard.com on Friday night or sometime over the weekend. JB said that when the spring rolls around we'll do a complete road test on the new and improved piece. I'm looking forward to that moment of triumph for him!

Thanks for having me here!

Brian

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

jb666

Quote from: Brian Lohnes on December 17, 2008, 08:25:45 PM
Hey everyone,

My name is Brian Lohnes. I'm the guy from Freiburger's Junkyard.com who wrote the item on the car. I'm a freelancer for a few car mags and one of the three dudes behind www.freiburgersjunkyard.com

I talked to Jon last Saturday night as we were at the same racing function and he was filling me in on the car and this story. It's amazing in that really bad kind of way.

I'm headed down to Jon's workshop on Friday to take a bunch of high-res photos of stuff. I was headed there to zap photos of some race cars he is working on, but then this all came down the pipe and...yowza!  Anyway, as JB has said multiple times and I said in my piece, Jon is definitely the guy to put things right here. It's a rare day when one gets to expose what appears to be some insanely shoddy work and at the same time help promote the work of a truly talented craftsman.

A big ol' honkin' gallery of photos and stuff from Jon will be posted over at freiburgersjunkyard.com on Friday night or sometime over the weekend. JB said that when the spring rolls around we'll do a complete road test on the new and improved piece. I'm looking forward to that moment of triumph for him!

Thanks for having me here!

Brian

Brian, Welcome! I'd like to thank you for taking the time out of your schedule and doing everything that you've been doing to help the cause. You have no idea how much something like this helps. You can count on that Spring time victory lap.

Here's Jon's find for the day.. Does anything look odd here?  :brickwall:

Like the use of the fender shim here??

The shifter cable.. Shimmed in all it's glory:

moparstuart

tan top

no way  ..  :o :o :o :o:o..  :rotz:   surly it would have been quicker & easier   get one out of a junk yard   :hack: ....  :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

jb666

Quote from: moparstuart on December 17, 2008, 08:33:46 PM
same great welding as on the frame connectors      :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

Oh yeah, it's awesome.. Check it out, close up..

And the nice clean cuts..