News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Would someone be willing to take good pictures of their 2nd gen wiper arms?

Started by Corellian Corvette, November 17, 2008, 01:45:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corellian Corvette

I'm still having problems with my wipers smacking the bottom of the moulding. When I was looking at the blades today, I realized that the wiper arms on my car are nearly straight - there is VERY little 'bend' at the tip where the wiper connects. When I look at my GM cars, with similar wiper arms, I noticed that there is a more pronounced angle which sets the blades more parallel to the trim. I'm thinking someone might have sold me the wrong wiper arms...

Mine are 16in long, and are nearly straight at the tip.

If you have a 3-speed wiper that doesn't smack, I'd love to get some close-ups of your blades. Thanks!

Tilar

Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

MGBRingo

rarefish

Blades should be 15" long. Factory used Trico blades.  You can buy Trico "Classic" blades, part #33150. They look just like the original factory ones. Rock Auto lists them for 68-69 B-bodies. There might have been a change in the wiper arms for the 1970 model. Not sure on that.

Tilar

I don't know if you needed any more pics than what MGBRingo posted, but here are the arms off of my 68.

Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

Chatt69chgr

And to the best of my knowledge, the arms themselves are not available.  If anybody has found them to be available, please post part number.

I concur with the 33-150 for the blade and blade holder.  I compared them to the originals that were on my car and they are pretty much identical.  Better get'em while you can.  With the way things are going these days, they could be discontinued next week.