News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

'71 vinyl top trim

Started by smerritt, November 19, 2008, 11:50:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smerritt

Hello everyone---My '71 R/T originally came with a white vinyl top. The rear window trim is white over
stainless with a krinkle like texture to both. Does anyone else with '71 white vinyl top have this kind
of trim?? My '72 Rallye has an original black vinyl top and the trim is smooth and unpainted. Was the
painted krinkle texture unique to white vinyl top Chargers?

Thanks!

71_Charger_R/T

Yes '71 Full vinyl cars came with a textured window molding but it's not a krinkle texture but a pattern that matches the Boar grain Vinyl top.

hemi68charger

Quote from: 71_Charger_R/T on November 20, 2008, 09:27:45 AM
Yes '71 Full vinyl cars came with a textured window molding but it's not a krinkle texture but a pattern that matches the Boar grain Vinyl top.

:iagree:

I had a '71 R/T survivor with a white top... The trim is already formed to match the vinyl texture.. So, when you repaint them to match the color, don't kriinkle it, just paint it.. The trim isn't white white persay.. I found that the '70 EW1 color, which is slightly egg-shelled compared to the bright white of '71, matches the vinyl pretty good.... The paint on this car is original..............

Troy

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

smerritt

Thanks guys--that answers my question.