News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

smashged up daytona nose for sale

Started by BigBlockSam, November 23, 2008, 12:45:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tan top

intresting  ...i wonder if the car is still alive  :scratchchin: ............ :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Magnumcharger

Quote from: tan top on November 23, 2008, 12:56:06 PM
intresting  ...i wonder if the car is still alive  :scratchchin: ............ :popcrn:

"This is an original Daytona nose cone. It came off the 301st. Daytona made which was shipped to Arber Land Dodge in Ann Arber Michigan".
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

nascarxx29

Seller might be Rick E of Ky
XX29L9B409051 is car #301

gtx6970

Re: this is the most expensive bird clone i've seen
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2007, 03:11:20 PM » Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's Ok , if you miss  any part of one of his storys,,Don't worry-  Next time you see him you'll hear the whole thing over again, and again, and again.

He hasn't touched either Charger 500 either if it makes any differnce

I remember when he bought the Daytona, CB antenna on the top of the wing and all. For the princely summ, of,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, $150.00 seriously  [[[[[[[busted nose cone included ]]]]]]
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

moparstuart

yes that is rick edwards daytona nose , he sold the daytona a few years back with a decent replacement nose

this is his original beat up nose

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

nascarxx29

I to saved a smashed piece of my 6 pack superbird even thought the rest of the car is long gone
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

pettybird

Quote from: moparstuart on November 23, 2008, 08:54:20 PM
yes that is rick edwards daytona nose , he sold the daytona a few years back with a decent replacement nose

you were supposed to buy this?  I asked Rick to sell it to me, but you had a deal? 

I still need the damn thing and I have to find it on ebay?

gtx6970

Quote from: tan top on November 23, 2008, 12:56:06 PM

Yes

Quoteyes that is rick edwards daytona nose , he sold the daytona a few years back with a decent replacement nose

and the one that went with the car was his nos nosecone

talkiemopar

Hmm regarding that bit about my long repetitive stories  :popcrn: after all those times you still don't have it right -  :shruggy:
Now remember how one hates to pay for anything unless its a real deal.  You have to admit if I paid $100 for the car and an extra $50 for the wing  :icon_smile_big:  Hmm and lets not forget the cb antenna attached to the center of the wing, the bullet lights on the top corners of the wing, the mud flap, curb finder on the passenger fender, the snake painted on the roof next to the charger emblem and the bullet hole in the frame at the top of the windshield. Quite a deal wouldn't you say :hah: :hah: :hah: :hah:

Now how do you think a nose would look after spending 39 years in my garage!  Good shape if you ask me  :icon_smile_big:

Now after playing secretary to this nut the divorce papers are in the mail   (one psssssssssssst off wife)

moparstuart

Quote from: pettybird on November 23, 2008, 10:55:25 PM
Quote from: moparstuart on November 23, 2008, 08:54:20 PM

you were supposed to buy this?  I asked Rick to sell it to me, but you had a deal? 

I still need the damn thing and I have to find it on ebay?

sorry dougy  He said he knew you really wanted it , I figured you would be next in line .  I offered him 2000.00 for it and he turned me down .  Actually I thought we were still negotiating on it ?  :brickwall: :shruggy: :shruggy: It was/ is way to rough for me to offer more .

moparstuart

Quote from: talkiemopar on November 23, 2008, 11:26:35 PM
Hmm regarding that bit about my long repetitive stories  :popcrn: after all those times you still don't have it right -  :shruggy:
Now remember how one hates to pay for anything unless its a real deal.  You have to admit if I paid $100 for the car and an extra $50 for the wing  :icon_smile_big:  Hmm and lets not forget the cb antenna attached to the center of the wing, the bullet lights on the top corners of the wing, the mud flap, curb finder on the passenger fender, the snake painted on the roof next to the charger emblem and the bullet hole in the frame at the top of the windshield. Quite a deal wouldn't you say :hah: :hah: :hah: :hah:

Now how do you think a nose would look after spending 39 years in my garage!  Good shape if you ask me  :icon_smile_big:

Now after playing secretary to this nut the divorce papers are in the mail   (one psssssssssssst off wife)

WOW     :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn:

talkiemopar

o.k. its the secretary -

Sorry Stu, thought I mentioned it going on e-bay since we couldn't arrive at a price for the hood, nose, headlight buckets and special support to the latch tray.  We understood you had no interest in the hood. but---- we thought you were short $ after the cg 500 purchase.  Didn't hear from you for a bit and Rick has had some minor surgery since then. We've gotten a little behind on communications.

Under the knife again tomorrow - if he kickes the bucket I'll let you know - first. :drool5: :cheers: :nana: :yesnod: :yesnod: :lol: :lol:  I was going to call Doug but didn't think it would be right either so e-bay seemed reasonable.  By the way Stu you're the only one who knows the reserve.  Now ya all know the nurse said he talked the whole time last time guess they'll use duck tape this time. ;D

past present and ???? future secretary

moparstuart

Hope all goes well with the surgury , please no dont let him kick the bucket.  Sound like you would have all the cars liquidated fast though     :smilielol: LOL  just kidding

pettybird

if he kicks the bucket DO NOT post here--you'll have moderator Troy over in 20 mins with a tow truck...

moparstuart

Quote from: pettybird on November 24, 2008, 04:07:05 PM
if he kicks the bucket DO NOT post here--you'll have moderator Troy over in 20 mins with a tow truck...
:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: morbid bloodsucks

69_500

Hope all goes well on the surgery, Rick.

I had thought you guys had gotten rid of that nose cone years ago. Man the things I don't even know about because I never stop in for a visit. I just call and talk, or see Rick at shows and talk. I need to stop by and visit the next time I'm in the area.

gtx6970

I can be there quicker than that

69_500

Quote from: gtx6970 on November 24, 2008, 08:09:06 PM

It would take me a good 2 1/2 hours to get there. Darn, always a day late and a $ short huh.

moparstuart

Quote from: 69_500 on November 24, 2008, 08:21:18 PM
Quote from: gtx6970 on November 24, 2008, 08:09:06 PM

It would take me a good 2 1/2 hours to get there. Darn, always a day late and a $ short huh.
:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:

BigBlockSam

QuoteI offered him 2000.00 for it and he turned me down .

he should have taken that offer  :yesnod:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

moparstuart

Quote from: BigBlockSam on November 26, 2008, 11:50:02 AM
QuoteI offered him 2000.00 for it and he turned me down .

he should have taken that offer  :yesnod:
yes and it was a real stretch to offer that much in that bad of shape .

It would have cost me a fortune to get it repaired .

69_500

Should have traded him an XX block for the nose cone Stuart.  :nana:

moparstuart

i need an xx block also , so that would not get me anywhere LOL
wish i was born 10 years earlier , but then again i would be so old i coulldnt enjoy my cars LOL

69_500

Quote from: moparstuart on November 26, 2008, 05:49:02 PM
wish i was born 10 years earlier , but then again i would be so old i coulldnt enjoy my cars LOL

I was meaning you should have picked up the block that goes to Ricks' 500 when it was for sale, and then traded it to him for the nose cone.  :cheers:

Sometimes I wish I was about 20 years older so I'd have more cars, but the way I see it is that I have about a good 15 years or so longer to enjoy them at the end than some others.

WINGMAN

Quote from: moparstuart on November 26, 2008, 05:49:02 PM

Thanks stuart.  But us old people do ok sometimes.  LOL. :icon_smile_big:  Wingman.

69 Daytona XX29L9B409032 , 02 Ram Cummins,