News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Gasket between end piece on rear of quarter panel of 68-70 Chargers?

Started by Blakcharger440, August 19, 2005, 12:26:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blakcharger440

Is there supposed to be a gasket between the cap end piece that fits on the rear end of quarter panels for 68-70 Chargers? This is the piece that kinda butts up against the trunk lid...If there is supposed to be a gasket there what was it made out of and what else could I use to make one myself?

DFS68_Charger

There is a plastic gasket that goes there. Mine were cracked and broken when they were removed for paint. I did'nt reinstall the gaskets. I just made sure the bolt holes were sealed good to prevent water from entering the trunk.

DFS

41husk

I could not replace mine either,  No one makes them I guess you could make your own gasket but I just left mine off.  How is that Gold beauty Dave? are you comming down for Monster mopar?
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

DFS68_Charger

Goldie is coming along pretty good. Got the heads off the motor and in my trunk; they are going to Indy Cylinder today. Should,nt be too long before I'm cruising her again. When is Monster Mopar Weekend? I have a customer in Fenton, MO that has been bugging me to stop by.

DFS

41husk

September 9-11, hope you can make it.  I will have a booth in the swap meet.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Blakcharger440

Hey are you guys talking about the Mopar Super Weekend at Topeka? If so I will be there also!

Neal_J

There is supposed to be a thin black plastic gasket there.  Mine were shot and I bought new ones from R/T Specialties.  They weren't real expensive as I recall but subsequently I learned of a cheaper solution. Buy a cheapier binder @ Staples - one with a flexible black plastic cover.  Use an old gasket as a template to trace and cut new ones.  Magic!

Peace,

Neal

BigBlockSam

i don't really think they do much. i used the ones i had and used black silicon on the studs. gotta keep that water out of the trunk.
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

8WHEELER

This is what they look like, Charger Specialties sells the metal end caps but not positive on the gaskets.

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

cudaken

I have a couple set's of them, did not use them on mine. I really don't see what they do. Do not seal around the stud's tight to stop water.

Cuda Ken
I am back