News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How to make a superbird hood

Started by moparstuart, December 01, 2008, 12:08:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sound5262

if that doesn't work out, how much do you want for that yellow hood in your picture?

moparstuart

Quote from: sound5262 on December 30, 2008, 01:21:36 PM
stuart, why did you say the showcars fiberglass hood won't fit? i've got one coming, steve
I have not used there stuff personally either.  Several people here on the boards say there stuff doesnt fit . 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

moparstuart

oldcarnut

Quote from: 71_Charger_R/T on December 01, 2008, 12:25:10 PM
That is too cool! I always wondered how you would go about that. What do you do with the cut off front edge seam since it is just glued to the aluminum angle (how did you finish the edge)?
Just repeating the question since I didn't see or missed an answer to it.  Also hows it holding up after 3 yrs with the glue?

moparstuart

Quote from: oldcarnut on April 26, 2012, 12:39:32 PM
Quote from: 71_Charger_R/T on December 01, 2008, 12:25:10 PM
That is too cool! I always wondered how you would go about that. What do you do with the cut off front edge seam since it is just glued to the aluminum angle (how did you finish the edge)?
Just repeating the question since I didn't see or missed an answer to it.  Also hows it holding up after 3 yrs with the glue?
I cant answer for tom but I know the body industry has been successfully using panel adhesive for many years now with no problems .  That being said if it was something big like a quarter panel and it were my car I would have it welded .   :Twocents: :Twocents:

Indygenerallee

I have seen truck bed sides installed with fusor and it always made me cringe!!
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.