News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I want to see your 71-72 chargers!!

Started by KillerBee1972, December 02, 2008, 07:15:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KillerBee1972

I need some ideas of stuff to do with my 72 charger, whether to put SOME modern technology in or keep factory??? interior stuff, paint, graphics, engines etc.!!!!
1964 Plymouth Fury "old 70s drag car"
1973 Dodge Charger SE B9 blue 440

magnum

Here's my 71 :cheers:
Takes a MOPAR to catch a mopar!

1972Rallye

Just click on the link below my sig pic.... :cheers:

You can also visit www.1971-1974dodgecharger.com. Great site, great cars, great people!

RallyeMike

See below.

Interiors and modern technology blow   :icon_smile_big:   
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

defiance

Engine for my '72:

440, stroked to 505 with forged rotating assembly, BCR cap/girdle system, edelbrock efi intake, elbow, and fuel rails, megasquirt fuel controller, innovate wideband o2 sensor, stinger alternator, march serpentine belts, classic auto air a/c conversion.  Basically, it's my effort to maximize streetability, modernization, and power, while keeping a 440 block (don't ask why, but I like the 440 badges on the hood, and would feel "wrong" about having a non-440 in there, but I'm perfectly OK with having a 440 that's been turned into something else entirely!! :P )  here's the ECU, btw:

I'll let you know how it works out if I ever get the gorram rear main seal to stop spewing oil! :P

What it used to look like:

It's been in the body shop for about 2 years now.  Body was stripped, all rust and bondo cut out, and new metal put back in place where rust damage had taken hold.  MAJOR ordeal with the roof, since the vinyl top was porous and the top wasn't prepped properly last time it was replaced...  Scrapped the vinyl altogether this time.  Body is now in GREAT shape (saw it last week), primer is done, paint is starting this week.  Going back to black, but with some dark metallic red accents.

As for interior modernization, basically I just went for stereo stuff...  I love my music and I love it loud.  But just so you know, I'm NOT one of the punks you hear bumping around your neighborhood at 2am with the windows down and the bass cranked. 
old trunk pic:
That's being rebuilt, too.  Mostly same equipment.  Switched the subs out, though, and rebuilt the box:

I altered the dash to support a flip-face cd-player and build some kickpanel speaker pods-

Though once again, that's planned for refinishing.  The kickpanels are already being rebuilt for a slightly smoother finish and better listener positioning (the old angle was slightly off), and the cd player is like 8 years old now, so it doesn't have any mp3 or usb support ... I need to put something newer in there, but nobody makes flip-faces like that anymore, so I'll have to do some more fiberglassing to make the new stereo mesh with the dash again. 
I also have new headlights with 'halo' parking light accents, a top-end alarm with remote start, and I hope to later add in an alterktion front end and gear vendors overdrive.
If all goes well, the body work looks like it might FINALLY be done around christmas, the engine is basically done (just gotta troubleshoot that rear main seal, which theoretically should be a very quick fix...), the transmission and rear end are ready... so I should be working on getting in driving again jan or feb...  without the alter-k or overdrive, but still...

And this whole big project?  Started with a blown head gasket :P

BMOTOXSTAR

73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

moparstuart

here is a picture of my buddy's 71 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

BB1

Do you know about this very low mileage 71 Hemi? I took the picture at Steve's place.
Delete my profile

Skyview69

heres mine...older pic  :-\

BMOTOXSTAR

73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

chargerscott

KWS

bigred68

Quote from: KWS on December 03, 2008, 03:10:16 PM
Thanks guys!

KWS
Kenny I gotta say YOU ROCK!! You're music ROCKS!! You're cars ROCK!!  :cheers:
It is a privilege and an honor to share thoughts and pictures on this board with you.
Thank you.
Jeffery.
(you may now continue with you're regularly scheduled thread already in progress)
(sorry again 'bout the slight hijack) ;)

FlatbackFanatic

:iagree: 100%. Sorry for the hijack too. I like all the 71-72's shown here also.
Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN

71 Bee Man

Quote from: KillerBee1972 on December 02, 2008, 07:15:51 PM
I need some ideas of stuff to do with my 72 charger, whether to put SOME modern technology in or keep factory??? interior stuff, paint, graphics, engines etc.!!!!

What about white stripes ?

Add your details to the Forum members List. Visit this thread to find out more :
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,21133.240.html

Magnumcharger

Oooooooooooo......I like those white stripes and bare rallye wheels!
And I like the hideaways on the KWS '72, especially with those red bars in the center. Reminds me of a local '71 R/T when I was a young'un.

Here's one of my faves...not mine, but very close in appearance to my old ride!
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

mikesbbody

All of these 71-72'd are awesome  :2thumbs: FINALLY i get to see some good full sized pics of the KWS 72 SE  :2thumbs: That's one cool looking 72!

superduperbee

My Super Bee is on page 69 of members rides, also check out Pete's site -  www.1971-1974DodgeCharger.com

NHCharger

Not mine but I love what they did with them.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

KWS

Quote from: 71 Bee Man on December 03, 2008, 04:05:51 PM
Quote from: KillerBee1972 on December 02, 2008, 07:15:51 PM

What about white stripes ?

That is BEAUTIFUL! :drool5:

1RareBird

Kenny, sweet mopars you got there.  I really like the fact you actually work on them too.  So question for ya.  Are you still running the electromotive system on your 69 charger?  I ran one on one of my mopars back in 2000 but took it off after having a lot of difficulties with it.  Ended up with a Gen VII.  What controller are you running on your duster and 72 charger?
Sorry, the pic is from my e-body.  Not fortunate enough yet to own a nice charger.
When I die I want to go like my Grandfather did, quietly in his sleep.  Not screaming like the passengers in his car.

KWS

Quote from: bigred68 on December 03, 2008, 03:26:44 PM
Quote from: KWS on December 03, 2008, 03:10:16 PM
Thanks guys!

KWS
Kenny I gotta say YOU ROCK!! You're music ROCKS!! You're cars ROCK!!  :cheers:
It is a privilege and an honor to share thoughts and pictures on this board with you.
Thank you.
Jeffery.
(you may now continue with you're regularly scheduled thread already in progress)
(sorry again 'bout the slight hijack) ;)

Thank you, thank you, and thank you! ;)

KWS

Quote from: 1RareBird on December 03, 2008, 11:06:08 PM
Kenny, sweet mopars you got there.  I really like the fact you actually work on them too.  So question for ya.  Are you still running the electromotive system on your 69 charger?  I ran one on one of my mopars back in 2000 but took it off after having a lot of difficulties with it.  Ended up with a Gen VII.  What controller are you running on your duster and 72 charger?
Sorry, the pic is from my e-body.  Not fortunate enough yet to own a nice charger.

We disabled the electromotive system and went with a carb when I did the power tour in that car back in 2006. I still have all the components, but just haven't decided if I want to hook it back up again. The fuel rails and stuff are still on the engine, so at car shows it really confuses people when they look at the current set up. :lol:

1RareBird

Personally I wouldn't hook it back up again.  I've worked with the Gen VII system and have had much better results.  If I recall correctly you were running the Tech II?  You may consider upgrading to the newer Tech III which does allow wideband O2 useage where the old Tech II didn't.  The only problem with the upgrade would be the coil packs are on 2 separate blocks, as opposed to the Tech II where all 4 coils are mounted on one.  Just out of curiousity, what were your issues with it that made you change to a carb?

Here's the same motor with the Gen VII.  It was a pretty easy swap.
When I die I want to go like my Grandfather did, quietly in his sleep.  Not screaming like the passengers in his car.