News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

A VERY UNIQUE Superbird

Started by jga262, December 03, 2008, 03:41:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

65post

Quote from: nascarxx29 on December 04, 2008, 12:18:54 PM

I am all for keeping the custom paint schemes of the late 70s early 80s on these wing cars but this one I would Put back ALL WHITE!
Previously owned Daytona XX29L9B423239 - f8 - white int. - power windows.

moparstuart

Quote from: 65post on January 04, 2009, 02:14:37 AM
Quote from: nascarxx29 on December 04, 2008, 12:18:54 PM

I am all for keeping the custom paint schemes of the late 70s early 80s on these wing cars but this one I would Put back ALL WHITE!
It is a vit. c six pack car and being restore back orange as we speak  :Twocents: :Twocents:

here is a shot of the customer painted wing that was on it .  That wing and scooped hood are now going on the owned clone .
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

rainbow4jd

Found this thread in the search box - and I always laugh (not to intentionally be cruel) at the ....

...union, hourly, employee/engineer who mysteriously spends extra UNPAID time to install the "one of (n)one" super special, time travel options, and then ships the car out the door to the factory employee just waiting to buy it.

As soon as someone sees a real automotive assembly line in process you know that this kind of stuff never happens.

What does happen are typos that are related to parts picking from the same parts in the plant - i.e. picked from bin A, when should have picked from bin B.

What does happen are shortage fills or shortage misses - left side got the emblem, right side didn't.    YOU MIGHT get a MODEL trim difference - such as the possibility of GTX trimmed tail lights but its more likely the GTX parts (being a lesser produced model) would be the ones in short supply - not the base trim level parts.

What does happen are paint errors - but again usually associated with a typo - OR damaged at the plant and repainted to hide the original damage.

Your more likely to find an original dead mouse inside the wheel well than to get the one off Frankenstein bird that everyone would love to have.   Makes for a good story, but not much else.