News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Dash Frame Powdercoat

Started by 69RTSE, December 06, 2008, 02:42:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kokxville

I've got everything back from powdercoating today  :icon_smile_big:
Everything looks great  :2thumbs:
My advise is just do it,it just looks great and it's much stronger than paint.  :cheers:

@ 375instroke,
I'm doing this not to have any rough ideas or abuse to my dash or the rest of my charger,but i just want to build it good and solid.There's nothing a bigger pain in the @ss than doing it not right the first time. ;)
When it's done i want to enjoy it,without having worries about some surface scratches.For example your girlfriend is putting her purse on the dash  :eek2:
1969 Charger R/T 4 speed A33 Track Pack.
1967 Dodge a108 360 Magnum. Daily driver
1969 Dodge Charger"the car you can take your kids in to school on a friday,go shopping on a saturday,dragrace on a sunday and go to work on monday"

Ghoste

Quote from: kokxville on March 21, 2009, 01:35:37 PM
For example your girlfriend is putting her purse on the dash 

The first time I read that I immediately thought, "if my girlfirend is putting her purse on your dash, then there are a whole new set of problems here".  :lol:

69hemi

Quote from: Ghoste on March 21, 2009, 08:38:08 PM

The first time I read that I immediately thought, "if my girlfriend is putting her purse on your dash, then there are a whole new set of problems here".  :lol:

Actually, there is a scientific formula to solve this equation:

Girlfriend + Purse + Put On Dash=EX Girlfriend therefore no need to powedercoat!
http://www.69hemi.com
1969 Hemi R/T Charger
1969 440 GTX
1965 Hemi A/FX Plymouth
1964 Hemi Superstock Dodge
02 Ram
95 Ram

kokxville

Quote from: 69hemi on March 22, 2009, 06:58:31 AM
Quote from: Ghoste on March 21, 2009, 08:38:08 PM

The first time I read that I immediately thought, "if my girlfriend is putting her purse on your dash, then there are a whole new set of problems here".  :lol:

Actually, there is a scientific formula to solve this equation:

Girlfriend + Purse + Put On Dash=EX Girlfriend therefore no need to powedercoat!
Lol :lol: :lol: :lol:
1969 Charger R/T 4 speed A33 Track Pack.
1967 Dodge a108 360 Magnum. Daily driver
1969 Dodge Charger"the car you can take your kids in to school on a friday,go shopping on a saturday,dragrace on a sunday and go to work on monday"

lexxman

Hey,I was going to powdercoat.But now I 'm going to use the mopaint black suede.And as for the girlfriend you could always put her in the back seat.lol :lol:

Rolling_Thunder

be careful man - many females have screwed up my car...      i got a high heel through my headliner leaving a hole....       got 8 scratched on the rear package tray from fingernails, my center console got cracked due to a girl straddling it, and the most obvious - footprints on the windshield...    funny how your friends are the ones who notice that kinda thing the next day at school...   
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

69hemi

Quote from: Rolling_Thunder on March 23, 2009, 02:10:10 AM
be careful man - many females have screwed up my car...      i got a high heel through my headliner leaving a hole....       got 8 scratched on the rear package tray from fingernails, my center console got cracked due to a girl straddling it, and the most obvious - footprints on the windshield...    funny how your friends are the ones who notice that kinda thing the next day at school...   

Looks like we have a serious stud here on the boards.

You need to remember to use protection......may I suggest a blanket on the hood
1969 Hemi R/T Charger
1969 440 GTX
1965 Hemi A/FX Plymouth
02 Ram
95 Ram

lexxman

Dude you need to get a room or a bigger car.lol It's a good thing your car can't talk.lol

Rolling_Thunder

I wouldnt say Stud...     more like a guy without standards    haha         

Agreed my car is lucky it can't talk    :icon_smile_big:

69hemi

Quote from: Rolling_Thunder on March 23, 2009, 10:07:59 PM
I wouldnt say Stud...     more like a guy without standards    haha         

Agreed my car is lucky it can't talk    :icon_smile_big:
A freind of mine once told me: "As long as you only date sleazy women that way you can have a mutual disrespect for each other."
1969 Hemi R/T Charger
1969 440 GTX
1965 Hemi A/FX Plymouth
02 Ram
95 Ram

Ghoste

bull

Sorry to bring this topic back on track here but I've noticed something about the powder coating I've had done on some of my parts in regards to finish thickness. I don't know if this is a universal truth but my guy's process leaves the finish thick when it's done in gloss and thin when it's done in semi-gloss. Why, I don't know, but the semi-gloss parts show more detail and flaws and the gloss finishes look quite shiney but are thick and cover a lot of details. In some cases I've had to redrill mounting holes in some of the gloss-finished parts while the semi-gloss parts are fine.

That said it's important that you have your dash done in semi-gloss finish like they did at the factory if you're going to powder coat it, mostly because you don't want the sun glaring off it into your face.

Rolling_Thunder

Agreed - I had mine done in semi-gloss black ---  as far as I know powder coatings are all around the same thickness but I could be wrong...   

lexxman

I deal with powder coated part at work and yes the paint can add up and change dimensions.