News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Colour Change C500???

Started by 500Jon, December 07, 2008, 06:50:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aero426

Quote from: 500Jon on December 08, 2008, 03:09:45 PM

Have you heard the adage that green cars are unlucky???

In American racing circles, green cars (and peanuts) were considered by some to be extremely unlucky.    David Pearson would avoid anything having to do with a green car.   

moparstuart

Quote from: DougSchellinger on December 09, 2008, 09:33:57 AM
Quote from: 500Jon on December 08, 2008, 03:09:45 PM

Have you heard the adage that green cars are unlucky???

In American racing circles, green cars (and peanuts) were considered by some to be extremely unlucky.    David Pearson would avoid anything having to do with a green car.   
damn that explains alot  :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :brickwall:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

WINGR

Funny Troy, :smilielol:

Remember the line I told you, It's easy being green when your an F8 Charger 500.

My :Twocents:                  What is wrong with F8 anyway?                    See Attached Picture
I'll admit I really like B5 Blue, especially since the first Charger 500 I ever remember seeing was that color. I almost bought that car and have since came close on a few others but they were either not the right car or the situation didn't work out right. At the same time I really like F8 and don't think it falls too far behind, especially as rare as these cars are. Not many of us were lucky enough to order ours new anyway so we need to enjoy them as they are, As far as the color of your car Jon, like many have said it's your car and you need to do what makes you happy. In my opionion there is nothing wrong with F8 and I believe it is better to keep them the original color. You know there are some people that may not like it, but alot of us will, and if your happy with it that is what matters most. I also think that when someone is doing a resto mod then the color change is not that bad. At the same time, as rare as these cars are I don't know if I would recommend that either. Again, this is just my two cents.

Good Luck

moparstuart

Quote from: WINGR on December 09, 2008, 09:49:39 AM

Remember the line I told you, It's easy being green when your an F8 Charger 500.

My :Twocents:                  What is wrong with F8 anyway?                    See Attached Picture
I'll admit I really like B5 Blue, especially since the first Charger 500 I ever remember seeing was that color. I almost bought that car and have since came close on a few others but they were either not the right car or the situation didn't work out right. At the same time I really like F8 and don't think it falls too far behind, especially as rare as these cars are. Not many of us were lucky enough to order ours new anyway so we need to enjoy them as they are, As far as the color of your car Jon, like many have said it's your car and you need to do what makes you happy. In my opionion there is nothing wrong with F8 and I believe it is better to keep them the original color. You know there are some people that may not like it, but alot of us will, and if your happy with it that is what matters most. I also think that when someone is doing a resto mod then the color change is not that bad. At the same time, as rare as these cars are I don't know if I would recommend that either. Again, this is just my two cents.

Good Luck
wow great picture with the mirrored image
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

500Jon

Hi Clan500,

That's a picture and a half you got there WINGR!!!

Why did I ever think of B5, I must be losing the plot over here in Blighty???

If my car looks anywhere near as good as that I will be the happiest guy around!!!

Thanks Guys for all your input!!!

Cheers jon.
IF A JOB's WORTH DOING, ITS WORTH DOING WELL, RIP DAD.
4-SPEED, 1969 Charger-500 is the most Coolio car in the World!

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Bug shield C500

Come on guys... What's wrong with Green MoPars... I have just accepted the fact that that is all that will follow me home :icon_smile_big:. My 73 charger SE is GREEN ON GREEN. My 70 Cuda V-code car is Ivy GREEN. I just picked up a 70 Challenger R/T that is ..............Can you guess???? F3 GREEN ON GREEN... and my Charger 500 (factory BUG shield car) is F5 GREEN on GREEN..... DID MoPar really make any other colors then GREEN???   :shruggy:
1969 charger 500 bugshield addition
1970 cuda 446-6 hole in the hood
1973 charger se 400
1973 sportman van 12 passanger (wife hates this one)

PocketThunder

Quote from: Bug shield C500 on December 13, 2008, 12:18:59 AM
Come on guys... What's wrong with Green MoPars... I have just accepted the fact that that is all that will follow me home :icon_smile_big:. My 73 charger SE is GREEN ON GREEN. My 70 Cuda V-code car is Ivy GREEN. I just picked up a 70 Challenger R/T that is ..............Can you guess???? F3 GREEN ON GREEN... and my Charger 500 (factory BUG shield car) is F5 GREEN on GREEN..... DID MoPar really make any other colors then GREEN???   :shruggy:

Ya they made Bronze........  :smilielol:   :puke:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

69_500

And didn't you part with a GREEN Daytona as well?

ACUDANUT

WingCharger

:iagree:

I LOVE F8 GREEN!! Especially on 500's. Oh, Bug shield C500, I think if I clone a 500, I will put a bug shield on it! I think it looks cool.

PocketThunder

Quote from: WingCharger on December 13, 2008, 02:21:23 PM

I LOVE F8 GREEN!! Especially on 500's. Oh, Bug shield C500, I think if I clone a 500, I will put a bug shield on it! I think it looks cool.

Say you just gave me an idea for Talledega....

Bug shield C500

Quote from: 69_500 on December 13, 2008, 01:28:30 PM

And didn't you part with a GREEN Daytona as well?

Yes, But I don't talk about that one much :'(. Still regreating the day... :icon_smile_blackeye:
1973 charger se 400

Bug shield C500

Quote from: PocketThunder on December 13, 2008, 09:47:01 PM
Quote from: WingCharger on December 13, 2008, 02:21:23 PM

Say you just gave me an idea for Talledega....

Don't worry, If I make it to Talledega next year, it will be Bug Shield and all....  :cheers: I have the Bug Shield off to JC Whitney right now being restored... :icon_smile_big:
1973 charger se 400

69_500

Hopefully you do make it to Talladega. Would like to get a pic of your 500 next to mine, as they were both bought of of the no man's lands of Montana.

500Jon

:cheers: Clan500!!!

Good comments on the Color changing :icon_smile_big:

Still can't workout why there were so many green cars back in the day :yesnod:

If they were so unlucky, how did so many survive? :scratchchin:

That's my 10th post :2thumbs: A guy in the UK did over 10,000 posts on the MMA site :-\

I gots a long way to go methinks :smilielol:

Cheers Jon.

69_500

Anyone with a theory on why so many green cars built back in the 60's and 70's? Was it due to an attraction to olive green after years of military service, or what? I wasn't around then so I don't know what the big draw to green cars was. Seems that not many were drawn to blue though, or silver, unlike today were silver is the most common color on a new car.

als500

Quote from: WINGR on December 09, 2008, 09:49:39 AM

Good Luck

Steve that a sweet car!!!

nakita7

Green is my favourite colour, I love green Mopars, my 69 Charger R/T will be green and I absolutely hate B5 blue on any Mopar, so you can kind of see where my suggestion is going... :icon_smile_big:

WINGR

Thanks Al, you of all people ought to know. Of course you deserve a major recognition for doing such a great job with her and preserving the originality of such a rare car.  :2thumbs:

Like many other car fanatics, I can't wait to really get the chance to drive her next spring.   :drive:     I've already confirmed a spot as a feature car at the Show Car Nationals at Michigan Speedway next July and of course there is that T-Dega show next fall, anyone ever heard of that???

Take care and hope you have a great Christmas and a Happy New Year.

WINGR/Steve

nascarxx29

Congrats Wingr :2thumbs:.You have a pair of aero cars
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

500Jon

Hi Aero's and All,

Wife says C500 gotta go black!
Its her car so thats-that!!! :shruggy:
That sorta fits into my plans anyways.
There was alot of black and red on the old girl before.
Once the Bodywork is finished I was gonna black her as a guide coat.
Gen TWO Chargers are hard to get straight, there's alot of curves LOL!
Maybe just maybe, then there is the DG link with some red patches too???

I will contact Crower Cams for some advice on a DG 500 copy?
Don't want to upset anyone here or over there.

Thanx again guys and gals, any sound advice always taken!!! :yesnod:
This C500 a rare beasty by anyones standards.
500 Jon

ACUDANUT

if you own a pea green Charger paint it fast, before it turns on you.  :2thumbs:
Sub-lime cars are safe.

winged69

Well when you have low production numbers and low survival rates it is not like ordering a new car in your color or options. When you find a car , you pretty well throw out being picky on the color. I feel original colors are the only way to go. It will be your choice, but if you ever sell I think the new buyer will grind you on the price. I know a fellow with a beautiful panther pink T/A Challenger. Trouble is it is a rare B7 blue with a factory gator grain vinyl roof. It has been so completely color changed that it would have to be stripped down to parts to change it back, and it no longer has a gator grain top. I told him to get the gator grain top material and the chrome trim if and while available. Even if he never puts it on , he has it. On a point I bought back my original 69 Daytona Charger, it is R4 red, white wing and interior. The owner I got it back from said that people turned it down due to the color.

So it is your choice, but in the end my friend says everything is for sale , at sometime. The sale price will be harped on for a color change.

DAY CLONA

paint it whatever colour you desire, it's your car, let the next owner worry about it :Twocents: