News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Need some information about Charger R/T

Started by hardywang, April 14, 2009, 07:12:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hardywang

Hi all,

I am currently shooping for a new car and G8 GT and Charger R/T are on my list. I have done plenty of homework on G8 GT already, now I would like to hear from Charger users how do you comment on Charger.

What do you like, what you don't like. Are there any known issues? How is reliability? Fuel economy?

I appreciate any input.

Thanks!

WingCharger

Silver R/T

66-74 would be best Charger to get, after that they just sucked. As far as I know there's no new ones, just a 4 door sedan with nameplate of Charger. It does not represent Charger in any way. There's other better cars that you can spend your money on imo.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

hardywang

Quote from: WingCharger on April 14, 2009, 07:15:11 PM
New Charger or old Charger? :shruggy:
I believe 2009 is "new" Charger?

QuoteThere's other better cars that you can spend your money on imo.
How bad it is?

WingCharger

A lot of guys say their "new" car is a old car. :icon_smile_big:

I love the look of the new Charger too. :yesnod:

Ghoste

The members on here that have the new Charger all seem to love them.  I don't have have one so I can't give you anything positive but there are more than a few diehard worshippers of the classic Charger on here who have bought one of the new ones and I haven't heard any of them make a complaint about the car.  In fact any of the complaints I've heard (that spring to mind) all revolve around the four doors business.
There is also an LX forum and I believe also one for the new Charger only but I think the opinions there will all be biased favorably. 
I think you will find the Charger a better car overall than the G8 for a number of reasons but admittedly, I don't know a great deal about the G8.

baullz

Well yes most people around here are not to fond of the new Charger but I have an '06 Charger Daytona and have nothing but good things to say about it.  Sure its four doors but so what its a powerful full sized auto that is a joy to drive and has plenty of room for passengers and gear.  I just turned the 23000 mile mark and have had no issues (knock on wood).

I love my '06 and am even getting my '69 painted the same color because I love it so much.

If you go to chargerforums.com that forum is geared a bit more towards the new Chargers while this forum is geared more towards the classic Chargers and there is all types of information on that forum that will help you out.

Charger666

All Chargers are most amazing  :drool5:  :icon_smile_big:  :2thumbs:  :coolgleamA: