News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

is a 69 daytona really worth this much?

Started by 2much2learn, December 19, 2008, 01:36:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2much2learn

I say " determined to restore the Charger" SHE hears " Stubborn to throw your money away"   dx_Xb

Blown70

:shruggy: Define worth, are the Hemi cuda's really WORTH 1-2million dollars.  To a point worth needs to be defined.  Cars like this and the Cuda's were a rich mans peeing contest.... or WHO had the larger wallet.  I would love to have a HEMI cuda, Daytona, AAR.... but the prices to me the cars ARE NOT WORTH THAT.  This car and others of specality SHOULD have a HIGHER VALUE than say a 318 charger...... but worth almost $700,000?  NO.

Dont know if that makes any sense.

Tom

Ghoste

Consider the target demographic of the magazine that runs that website as well.  In their world, money is no big deal.

2much2learn

:eyes: it was more of a joke than a serious question :slap:, just never seen a $700,000 daytona or a 69 go for 350,000  :lol: but then again it IS the dupont regerstry, i can bearly afford to buy the magezine  :smilielol:
I say " determined to restore the Charger" SHE hears " Stubborn to throw your money away"   dx_Xb

FJMG

I thought I remember reading a couple of years ago that a yellow hemi-daytona sold for $699,000? Then again that may have been the asking price, I'm not sure, I'll see if I can dig that article up?  Asking price does not always equal the selling price.

FJMG

Whoops my memory is fading a bit, found the article, june 06 Musclecar Enthusiast, The selling price, WITH commision; $614,250 at the winter Mecum.

PocketThunder

I wonder why they jack the car up for the pictures?
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

teamroth

Didn't I read post a while back about the owner just pricing it this high because he really didn't want to sell?
I'd rather die than go to heaven.

PocketThunder

Quote from: teamroth on December 19, 2008, 05:30:51 PM
Didn't I read post a while back about the owner just pricing it this high because he really didn't want to sell?

Yes, i think this car is in pettybirds shop.
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

daytonalo

bzabodyn

He *says* he doesn't want to sell it, but I've also heard from a reliable source that he'd take $575k for it...

BZ
1969 Dodge Charger R/T - 426 HEMI/4 speed/Track Pack

Ghoste

maxwellwedge

Stainless steel lines, clear coated bolt heads???

I can get a Gibson restored Hemi Daytona for just over half of that....Just gotta sell a car or two to swing it  :scratchchin:

The Otis Chandler T5 stick went for near 800 at the peak.

Ghoste

WingCharger

This thing was on eBay a while back.

Never liked the look of steelies on wing cars.

maxwellwedge

I can't remember any other one getting over 800

superbirdtom

Quote from: FJMG on December 19, 2008, 02:33:55 PM
     I thought I remember reading a couple of years ago that a yellow hemi-daytona sold for $699,000? Then again that may have been the asking price, I'm not sure, I'll see if I can dig that article up?  Asking price does not always equal the selling price.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

didn't that yellow daytona come up for sale in florida 10 years ago for $127.000.00 :scratchchin:, I remember some chebby guy sayin he was just dreaming. I guess not anymore.

FJMG

Wasn't there a post on this board last year showing an article on an F8, D21 where the asking price was $1,000,000?  Does anybody know if that car sold?

69_500

I believe that the F8 car was advertised at one time for $1.5M asking price, and amazingly no one jumped on it at that bargain basement price. It still resides with the same owner in MO. Who of course still has the car up for sale, now for around $600K I think, and he also has another HEMI Daytona up for sale as well.

I don't know what the highest paid for a HEMI Daytona would be. I mean if you factor in inflation would you have to consider some cars that sold for $150K back in 1989? Or one that sold for $250K in around 1992-93.

superbirdtom

The whole car price thing is amazing to keep track of through the years. the bubble always bursts and someone gets stuck paying a huge price and then the bottom drops out and their left losing a big chunck of cash.  I see the cars of the 40,s and 30,s going for pennies on the dollar now, The ones the ww2 generation collected ,beautiful restored amazing cars for 20 30 thousand now. I suspect that our beloved cars might go the same way 30 to 40 years from now .

maxwellwedge

I think that when the last of the Baby Boomers hit 65 there will be a big price adjustment down. Some of the next generation have the same love for the cars, the era etc. but their numbers are only a very small percentage of the people that lived it. I (regrettably) think our stuff will go the way of the Model T before 20 years from now....Some people think 10-15 years. Or do what I do - love what you have and buy more!!! 

69_500

For people like me and Doug we are hoping that there are more people into these cars in anoter 25-30 years or the shows will be only a small outing. And the reunion shows like Talladega might as well only happen at his house or mine. We need more people in my age bracket and younger to like these cars too.

WingCharger

Quote from: 69_500 on December 20, 2008, 10:26:21 PM
For people like me and Doug we are hoping that there are more people into these cars in anoter 25-30 years or the shows will be only a small outing. And the reunion shows like Talladega might as well only happen at his house or mine. We need more people in my age bracket and younger to like these cars too.
Don't worry. When the Daytona's hit $20,000 I will be ready. :angel:

69_500

I don't think they will get down to the $20K price range anytime before I'm a 110. Which is still 80 years away.

WingCharger

Quote from: 69_500 on December 20, 2008, 10:31:32 PM
I don't think they will get down to the $20K price range anytime before I'm a 110. Which is still 80 years away.
:icon_smile_big: ;) Not a single person I know in my school knows what a Charger 500 is. :brickwall: