News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Paint code 68 Charger rear between tail lights???

Started by Telvis, July 19, 2005, 09:26:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Telvis

Does anyone have the paint code for the black satin like paint that goes between the tail lights on a 68? I know the actual tail light pods are gloss versus the satiny finish of the area between them. I can't seem to find the code anywhere.  Thanks ahead of time!

Just 6T9 CHGR

It should be textured Organasol Black PPG # DDL 9355

Very hard to get the original stuff because it was outlawed (High VOC)

There are alternatives being made which "look" almost the same.

Check here for the code.....printed on lower left of page

http://autocolorlibrary.com/cgi-bin/search/searchpic.pl?1968-dodge-pg01.jpg

Heres a scan of the "recipe"
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Telvis

Thanks! I had the same problem getting PPG to mix PP1 red in Deltron yesterday. I ended up getting a slight variant.  PPG said it would be undistingushable. I sure hope so.

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

BigBlockSam

i need that paint too. hey Telvis. i think both or 68's will be done at the same time. except mine was a rust pit. lots of new sheet metal. it's starting to look good now Rene

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Telvis

I went and dropped the paint off at the painter yesterday. He has everything in primer except the trunk and engine compartment. I figure about another month. He says three weeks but I think that's optimistic.  It's too bad you don't live close by Sam. We could have split a can of the black paint. I doubt it will take much to do that rear tail light area. That stuff aint cheap either.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Hmmm.....maybe I can use some for my V21 conversion :)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

BigBlockSam

yea, i wish i had some more mopar pals to hang with. i have a  friend  that has a 66 charger. is that the same paint thats used on the six pack roadrunner hoods?
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

PocketThunder

Quote from: Telvis on July 19, 2005, 06:55:07 PM
I went and dropped the paint off at the painter yesterday. He has everything in primer except the trunk and engine compartment. I figure about another month. He says three weeks but I think that's optimistic.   It's too bad you don't live close by Sam. We could have split a can of the black paint. I doubt it will take much to do that rear tail light area. That stuff aint cheap either.

I'll need some in late August and i'd be happy to split a can with you.....  Dont worry i wont try to screw you out of a deal..... i know you're a cop! (hey where's the cop smiley?)
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Telvis

I have been thinking about it. I'm no paint expert but if there are enough people interested I can buy the black paint and split it into small cans. I can also do the same thing with the catalyst. Depending on how many of us there are and how much we need there could be a significant cost savings. I could bring it all to the Mopar Nats in a few weeks and you guys could pick it up. Theres no sense in buying a whole pint or quart if you don't need it. 

rebby

I'm guessing that this applies to the 69 as well? I remember reading about this very thing one time.
Curt Rebelein, Junior
1969 Charger R/T SE (500 Stroker/833/D60 w/XP VIN)
1969 Charger (440/727/8.75, GL Project)

4402tuff4u

I'm in Telvis! I wont be at the nationals, but if you need a paying partner, I'll buy a share. My car will need the tail painted. My guess sometime in late fall. i not painting it myself so I dont know how much is needed. Maybe someone else can shed some light on this.
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

BigBlockSam

i need it for the hood on my 69  six pack roadrunner clone. if it's the same paint. Rene

Telvis

Email me at t.kubajak@insightbb.com if you are seriously interested in splitting a can of the black paint. I can get small pint size paint cans from Carquest to separate it out. I will probably go get it on Friday. I don't think that it can be shipped. If you want to meet me at the Mopar nat's next month I will bring it. I personally only need enough to do the tail panel.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: rebby on July 20, 2005, 12:31:53 PM
I'm guessing that this applies to the 69 as well? I remember reading about this very thing one time.

Yes sir!!
Chris' '69 Charger R/T