News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Old Mopars in the wild

Started by 1969chargerrtse, December 30, 2008, 11:19:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger_Fan

Quote from: lukedukem on January 30, 2017, 09:45:30 AM
1969 Super Bee in the wild, literally. i ended up saving this one.

Luke
Cool! What about the red Cuda, what kind of shape was it in?

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

lukedukem

Quote from: Charger_Fan on April 05, 2017, 03:46:52 PM
Quote from: lukedukem on January 30, 2017, 09:45:30 AM
1969 Super Bee in the wild, literally. i ended up saving this one.

Luke
Cool! What about the red Cuda, what kind of shape was it in?

That Cuda was set up for the track. Only had drivers seat. Had roll bar, and nitrus set up in the passenger area. 440 engine, but if I remember it was a 318 car. At first it was for sale, but it had rust, bad, he wanted 11k for it. he said his brother paid that when he bought it (i think that was too much). I had offered 6k and that's when he told me what his bother had paid. He kept calling it a 440 cuda car, but the VIN stated different. I just let it go, i wanted that super bee. when I went to pick up that super bee and the two other cars i bought, he told me that the sister was keeping the car and she wanted to restore it in her bothers memory. It did have a new grille in the box and new interior all in a shed. He did have a rust free 383 cuda, but the VIN off the dash was missing and i didn't want to deal with that. plus it was just a shell, no hood or front fenders or interior. This guy must of had about 40 cars total. i had a thread somewhere on here that has the story. i can try to find it. i have a feeling i might get a call about that red cuda someday. i told him that if he had any mopar stuff that didn't sell in the estate sale, to call me. and i think that when the sister sees the work that is going to be needed to get that cuda going, he might offer it to me. but who knows, i am not much of a E body guy. but hey, it is a mopar i can help save.

Luke
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

Chris 69

Saw this 1969 Satellite (Roadrunner?) in Redding, California on April 8.

Chris 69

More

Chris 69

Saw this 1969 Plymouth Valiant on April 14 in Redding, California.

Kern Dog

What is it with Redding having so many classic Mopars? My friend used to live there from 2004 to 2010. Their Kool April Nites show is huge. I recall talking to a guy that was the original owner of a 1970 Charger in the show. White with a 383. I cannot recall much else about the car but it was in nice condition.

LeesRT

I lived in Redding,CA in 1984- 1988 and there were lots of Mopars then.  I knew of a 1968 black Hemi Charger R/T that was driven by a little old lady.  I knew of a guy that had a 1970 Charger R/T.  At the time it had a 383 in it but he said one day he sanded the hood down and after getting through the layers of paint he realized he sanded through a Hemi sticker on the good.  Turns out it was an original Hemi car...hemi missing.  Yes, there are lots of Mopars in Redding.

Chris 69

Quote from: Kern Dog on April 16, 2017, 11:12:34 PM
What is it with Redding having so many classic Mopars? My friend used to live there from 2004 to 2010. Their Kool April Nites show is huge. I recall talking to a guy that was the original owner of a 1970 Charger in the show. White with a 383. I cannot recall much else about the car but it was in nice condition.

Probably this '70 Charger. These photos are from 2007. I talked to the guy, original owner, 383, 4-speed. Also has original paint (obviously my '68's paint isn't original  ;))

Kern Dog

I would have to assume that you found the right one. How many people in a town that size could be the original owner of a white 70 Charger 383 ???   :lol:
Thanks for the pictures, it was nice to see that car again.
Oh...Was white not available in 68? You mentioned yours isn't original.

Chris 69

Quote from: Kern Dog on April 18, 2017, 12:35:02 AM
I would have to assume that you found the right one. How many people in a town that size could be the original owner of a white 70 Charger 383 ???   :lol:
Thanks for the pictures, it was nice to see that car again.
Oh...Was white not available in 68? You mentioned yours isn't original.

Your welcome for the photos. White is the original color of my car, but it's been repainted at some point since '68, likely with a $500 Maaco special. Looks ok from 20 feet, and looks to be a different shade than original, if compared to the '70.

twenty mike mike

Mid '70s Dart in Red Bluff, CA. I'm amazed at how many A Bodies there are in the North State, considering how much it rains. I saw a '69 4 door Dart recently that looked as though it had just driven off the new car lot. Too bad I couldn't get a picture.

Chris 69

1971 or 72 Dodge Dart in Oakland, CA on 4/24.

Chris 69

1966 (I think) Coronet in Willows, California on April 30

Chris 69

1973 or 1974 'Cuda in Redding, California May 4, 2017. I was stuck at the stoplight, so couldn't turn around to go check it out.

Arkgl01

69 440 RT matching.. mostly original!

68pplcharger

Plymouth fury 3, Little old man drives it everyday and it's mint.

nvrbdn

found this Turbo Shelby today while hauling my buddy's old Baracuda.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

VegasCharger

Courtesy of DC.com member BDF

'61/62 Dodge Lancer Wagon, Napa CA

VegasCharger

Looks like a 1978 Dodge truck with a 93 grille.

Las Vegas, NV

BDF

Thank you Bryan!
My phone is BOGGING  :eek2:

family_dodge

That Lancer has quite the design.  :scratchchin:

JB400

the 79 Dodge has a 02 or newer grille in it

VegasCharger

Quote from: JB400 on May 22, 2017, 09:17:30 PM
the 79 Dodge has a 02 or newer grille in it

OH SH#T TYPO lol :brickwall: :brickwall:

I meant 03 not 93. To my credit the 0 key is right next to the 9 key.

Chris 69

1971 Dart in Arcata, CA 5/24/17.

Chris 69

1968 Dart in Redding, California on 6/2/17.