News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

70 Roadrunner Pictures

Started by sound5262, January 01, 2009, 12:14:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldcarnut

Did you get the hood in yet?  The window trim looks good in the pic.  I didn't get that from him with my kit but if you have a close up of it I'd like to see how it was done.

sound5262

i haven't got the hood yet. maybe in 2 weeks? that's what they tell me. here are somemore pics. ?---has anybody else got their parts from ted this way (not trimmed out). ?---can some of you please send me some pics (close up) of the turn signal mounting as well as the look. it sure looks like to me that i'm missing something to fill in the gap. some pics of the front of the car would be wonderfull. thanks, steve

sound5262

here are some more

Aero426

The signal bracket you have looks OK.   The turn signal lamp you have is not the correct one.   Photo shown here is the one you need to look for.  1970 or 1971 Sport Fury.   Only diff is that 1971 has the incorrect amber lens.

sound5262

thanks for the info on the lens. do you have a outlet for getting them.

Aero426

BE and A has reproduction lenses. www.beaparts.com.   $245 pair.     Item # 154-SB    If you order these, and someone here has some used lamp housings, you are in business.

I have a NOS left hand lamp and lens in the part section. 

sound5262

does it look like the mounts i have will work?

oldcarnut

Quote from: sound5262 on March 06, 2009, 09:12:07 AM
i haven't got the hood yet. maybe in 2 weeks? that's what they tell me. here are somemore pics. ?---has anybody else got their parts from ted this way (not trimmed out). ?---can some of you please send me some pics (close up) of the turn signal mounting as well as the look. it sure looks like to me that i'm missing something to fill in the gap. some pics of the front of the car would be wonderfull. thanks, steve
All my parts came in like that.  Some I'm going to remake in metal where I can.  Heres a close up of the front turn view but it doesn't look as nice as the full front view I have.  Maybe something isn't quite right on it.

sound5262

oldcarnut, thanks for the pics and responce you gave. i have ordered the correct lens from be/a and will waite untill they arrive to see if i can make the housings i have work. hey stuart can you send some pics of your front nose to see how it looks? also billssuperbird, would you do the same for me? anybody else for that matter would be gratefully appreciated. thanks steve

Aero426

Here's the back side showing how the lamp mounts to the signal bracket.

sound5262

petercharger

Lot's of fiberglass...sorry to see a good roadrunner going that way...should have found a satellite...that car was to nice...would have looked for coronet fenders ...my 2 cents :Twocents: :yesnod:
best way to get a hold of me is brushcollege@msn.com...thanks

CornDogsCharger

The only bad thing about starting with a Satellite... seems like every one I see has that body side moulding.  Which means you will need to weld up every single hole.  What a pain!  If you could find a Sport Satellite they usually do not have the body moulding.  Either way... it's his car and he already has his mind made up.  And from the sound of it, he has already gotten started on it. 

Justin
"CornDog"
1966 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Charger (DMCL Project)
1969 Dodge Charger (WB General Lee "GL#004")
1969 Dodge Super Bee

sound5262

thats what is nice @ two cents. oh well.

sound5262

finally, the hood

DonC1

Hey Sound,
can i ask you where you got the 'glass fenders and hood? They look like copies of my clone fenders...easy way to tell is the signal housing defect...I don't really care...just curious.
Ps ...glad to see a Roadrunner go to a good cause...I would have opted for a RR too had I not stumbled upon P.Kolencs Satellite last month and all those body side molding holes to fill..haha.

sound5262

Iowa_gator

Hey Sound
was wondering how this project turned out?  I am starting up a clone project and wanted to use glass hood and fenders.  Am curious as to how your pieces worked for ya.....

sound5262

finished up back in june. pleased with the outcome. had dave marcus' shop do the work, they are local. don't use anything from showcars, way too much work to redo what they sent. they do shotty work. can't seem too upload pics anymore. will send to email. thanks, steve

moparstuart

Quote from: sound5262 on December 28, 2011, 11:42:56 AM
finished up back in june. pleased with the outcome. had dave marcus' shop do the work, they are local. don't use anything from showcars, way too much work to redo what they sent. they do shotty work. can't seem too upload pics anymore. will send to email. thanks, steve
email them to me also   www.stuartspeedway@hotmail.com
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

oldcarnut

Quote from: moparstuart on December 28, 2011, 12:09:53 PM
Quote from: sound5262 on December 28, 2011, 11:42:56 AM
email them to me also   www.stuartspeedway@hotmail.com
and me too oldcarnut@comcast.net  ;D  one of us can then post them for you.

moparstuart

Quote from: Iowa_gator on December 27, 2011, 02:27:22 PM
Hey Sound
was wondering how this project turned out?  I am starting up a clone project and wanted to use glass hood and fenders.  Am curious as to how your pieces worked for ya.....
welcome gator , How are u

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Lighthorseman

I hope it's not out of line to stick my nose in here - While I'm not really a prolific poster, I do have to point out the following:

- As to starting with a real Road Runner...it's YOUR car to do with as you see fit.  I would, however, agree with those who suggest you keep the original parts just in case.  I'm starting with a Satellite, and STILL got the "you can't cut up an original!" comments.  And, yes, my Satellite DOES have all the holes down the side for the lame chrome trim strip.  What a pain that is going to be to remove the trim, fill, sand, prep and repaint all those holes.

- I see that you are going with fibreglass fenders.  Is there a clear consensus on whether they're okay or not?  I keep hearing that you can get away with a fibreglass HOOD, but not fenders unless you're just racing.  I've been told that they crack easily, are brittle, rock chips will spiderweb the paint, people will lean against the car and break them....and on and on and on.  I ask, because fibreglass fenders really seem to be the best idea to me, as I have spent quite a while now trying to find original 70 Coronet fenders, to no avail.  Any local ones are garbage, and nice ones are too far away, or the owners won't ship them.

- Finally, how does the "Showcars" stuff seem quality-wise?  Again, I've heard good and bad back and forth.  They sure answer emails quickly, and seem helpful.

Thanks for starting this thread - it's another conversion thread I will be following closely.

sound5262

stay far away from showcars!!!!!!! ted janak is the way to go. the last time i talked to him, he told me he had a good set of fenders and would sell them or fiberglass a set for me. been pleased with the fiber so far.