News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hard start & fuel boiling > Some interesting carb insulating data

Started by firefighter3931, January 05, 2009, 10:41:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69wannabe

Are you trying to use the paper gaskets that come in the box too?? You do not have to use them, I never do at least. Just use the valley pan gasket only and you can use ultra grey silicone around the port's or I usually use the indian head shellac that has a little brush with it and just brush a thin layer in the head then put the valley pan on with silicone on the end's and then put more shellac on the valley pan around the ports then put the intake on. I usually put the end rails on once I get the valley pan in place and you should see the bolt holes are lined up pretty good before you put the intake on there.

BDF

Quote from: W4ATL on July 05, 2017, 01:30:30 PM
Has anyone had trouble using the 1215 gasket with the stock intake manifold? It is a thicker gasket and the bolts are not going in right. The intake is now a little higher so that the bolts that go in at an angle will not start.
Did you check fitment of 1215 before putting intake on? Mine had some "soft" bends & didn't lay all the way down nice and flush until I carefully bent each side a little more.  :shruggy: