News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Model Car Replicas

Started by 69bronzeT5, January 26, 2009, 01:34:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69bronzeT5

Give me a week or so, I can post pictures of models I'm currentley working on :2thumbs:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

426HemiCharger

Sure. In a basic summary of what I want is "Ginger" with out Sill Mouldings. That should make it easier :2thumbs:
------------------------Cars I have now----------------------------
1969 Charger R/T
1998 Ford Econoline 150
2002 Hyundai Elantra GLS
-----------------------Cars I wish I had----------------------------
1969 Charger R/T 4-Speed or Hemi Clone
1970 Charger R/T Hemi Clone
1970  Dodge Polara IL State Police Car
---------------------------Future Posibilities------------------------
2010 or later Ford Fusion Hybrid (Replaces 2002 Hyundai)

MoparManJim

If he doesn't want to do it, I might be interested in taking it on.  :lol: 

I have the auto transmissions which I think is the TF ones, but not sure though.

Brock Samson

Quote from: 426HemiCharger on May 19, 2009, 10:30:45 PM
Alright man. Let's see your skills. 1969 Charger R/T. Copper, Tan Interior and Top, White Stripe. 440 magnum Dual Snorkel with A/C.  TorqueFlite Transmission. SE Package, Performance Axle Package, Power Disc Brakes, Console, Head Restraints, Six Way Seat Adjuster, Left Hand Remote Mirror and Right Hand Manual Mirror, 3-Speed Wipers, Hood Mounted turn Signals, Wheel Lip Mouldings, Tachometer, AM/FM Radio, Power Steering, Magnum 500 Wheels and Fiberglass Belted F70-14 Redlines.  All with correct factory markings and details. Also factory style( overspray, fish eye, sloppyness, etc.)

If I may ask I'd like to see you do the above for me, please? :2thumbs:

wow! is this more of the "honey" you used on the photoshop thread?..
Might i suggest you check any one of the dozen threads Cody has previously posted on his earlier projects and perhaps send him a sizable check to get started on your, ahem,.. polite request for such a seriously complicated project?..
or maybe just confine your communication to PMs when you make such outragious challenges so i don't have to read them?..
You got quite a chip on your shoulder are you looking to be a "big shot"?..

72chargerSE

Quote from: 426HemiCharger on May 20, 2009, 09:39:45 PM
Quote from: C_stripes on May 19, 2009, 11:22:03 PM
Alright man. Let's see your skills. 1969 Charger R/T. Copper, Tan Interior and Top, White Stripe. 440 magnum Dual Snorkel with A/C.  TorqueFlite Transmission. SE Package, Performance Axle Package, Power Disc Brakes, Console, Head Restraints, Six Way Seat Adjuster, Left Hand Remote Mirror and Right Hand Manual Mirror, 3-Speed Wipers, Hood Mounted turn Signals, Wheel Lip Mouldings, Tachometer, AM/FM Radio, Power Steering, Magnum 500 Wheels and Fiberglass Belted F70-14 Redlines.  All with correct factory markings and details. Also factory style( overspray, fish eye, sloppyness, etc.)

I would say that there is a tone of stuff there that you couldn't do on a model. Such as, Tach. you'll never know one way or the other. How you going to know if its a AM/FM radio??? Oh, you wanted a right hand remote mirror? Make sure it's not power! Don't really know how you could tell. Performance axle pack huh? I think a dana looks just like a dana. 3 speed wipers would be a no go too. 426, are you paying, or just want it done? Just an FYI also, a duel snorkel air filter assembly isn't correct for a 69.

Not baggin on you, just curious.

Well I will address that the Dual Snorkel is correct for '69 440's w/AC.

Tach - That is a standard decal on the model
AM/FM Radio - that I guess you are right about
The mirror is the same on the kit so use 2.
Performance Axle Package is a 489 Case with 3.55 gears
3-speed wipers - jack it from a 71 Cuda Kit or make one from scratch from clay.

I would pay Bronzie I would like to see a bit of work he has already done.

Just my 2 cents....been around Mopars 40 years..... Dual Snorkel NEVER on a 440 R/T with air (or without air). Ever. Unsilenced is correct . Perhaps you observed a non correct car and assumed they came that way...easy to do when you are a youngster.

C_stripes

Quote from: 72chargerSE on May 27, 2009, 11:50:57 AM

I would say that there is a tone of stuff there that you couldn't do on a model. Such as, Tach. you'll never know one way or the other. How you going to know if its a AM/FM radio??? Oh, you wanted a right hand remote mirror? Make sure it's not power! Don't really know how you could tell. Performance axle pack huh? I think a dana looks just like a dana. 3 speed wipers would be a no go too. 426, are you paying, or just want it done? Just an FYI also, a duel snorkel air filter assembly isn't correct for a 69.

Just my 2 cents....been around Mopars 40 years..... Dual Snorkel NEVER on a 440 R/T with air (or without air). Ever. Unsilenced is correct . Perhaps you observed a non correct car and assumed they came that way...easy to do when you are a youngster.

I agree, but I am sure he will have an answer. I have yet to see him be admit to being wrong.
I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: C_stripes on May 27, 2009, 06:30:12 PM
Quote from: 72chargerSE on May 27, 2009, 11:50:57 AM

I agree, but I am sure he will have an answer. I have yet to see him be admit to being wrong.

He will have a hard time responding.....Because he is banned.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

C_stripes

Ahhh,   good. Nice to know.
I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

69bronzeT5

TUFCAT

Glad to hear the kid got banned (hopefully forever) ....since I just reviewed how he treated DS440 on the photoshop thread. :eek2:

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,21149.1520.html

KS71owner

wow...I'm gone from this thread a few days and missed all the drama!  :D

chargergirl

Sometimes it's better that way...just traded for a '66 Charger and looking forward to making her complete. Looking for some pics of correct engine bay set up. Need original, big block engine bay pictures so I can take my 383, 4 barrell, ac, power brake, power steering out of the box and do it right! Thanks!
Trust your Woobie!

KS71owner

chargergirl

Thanks! Do you ever draw at shows?
Trust your Woobie!

KS71owner

Like automotive art? If that's what you mean, then yes I have, but I don't have a booth or anything. I usually just take my sketchbook with me and ask to do drawings of stuff I find interesting.

chargergirl

Very cool! Will let you know when we're ready to have that done.
Trust your Woobie!

69bronzeT5

UPDATE: I'll be doing the models I've committed to but otherwise I'm done building models for people. I'm even limiting down on building my own. I really wanna focus on my guitar and working on a music career. I've been letting that slip away lately and I don't like it....

MoparManJim

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on November 17, 2009, 08:41:12 PM
UPDATE: I'll be doing the models I've committed to but otherwise I'm done building models for people. I'm even limiting down on building my own. I really wanna focus on my guitar and working on a music career. I've been letting that slip away lately and I don't like it....

well Cody, if you decide to stop doing model builds for other people, if you like you can forward them to me  ;) as you know how I can build a model  :lol:

KS71owner

I'm FINALLY getting back to work on some of my projects...now that my dog is house trained and I can trust him not to tear things up when I leave the room I can spend extended time in the workshop. Going to Hobbytown this week to pick up some paint, and then ordering a few aftermarket items online to continue my OIF diorama project.