News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

MY DAYTONA IS FINALLY IN PRIMER !!!!

Started by daytonalo, January 26, 2009, 11:24:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daytonalo

Finally in primer and maybe paint by boating season .

Larry

daytonalo

more pics

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

daytonalo

426HemiCharger

:icon_smile_big: One thing about Mopars is they look good even in primer, what color is she gonna be?
------------------------Cars I have now----------------------------
1969 Charger R/T
1998 Ford Econoline 150
2002 Hyundai Elantra GLS
-----------------------Cars I wish I had----------------------------
1969 Charger R/T 4-Speed or Hemi Clone
1970 Charger R/T Hemi Clone
1970  Dodge Polara IL State Police Car
---------------------------Future Posibilities------------------------
2010 or later Ford Fusion Hybrid (Replaces 2002 Hyundai)

4cruzin

Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

daytonalo

Thank you !! It is going to be a slightly tweaked f-6 green , to be exact 325 - E-6 on the Sikkens color chip chart

Larry

hotrod98

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

daytonalo

Thanks Larry !!! Just hope I get to drive it before I start crapping my pants !!!! :icon_smile_big:

Daytona R/T SE

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Howie

Looks good. Are you going to cut for the nascar aircleaner?

daytonalo

Not on this car , want to keep it clean under hood . This car will have hidden A/C and you wont see a wire or hose , all hidden down on frame rail

runningman

hemi68charger

:2thumbs:

Lookin' good.. Look forward in seeing the engine bay when done...
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

daytonalo

A 64 is getting painted this weekend and the 67 GTO in the background in two weeks then Daytona

69chargerboy

Looks great! Very exciting! I can't wait to see the paint layed on..... :yesnod: :icon_smile_big: :drool5:
My MoPar Family:

1968 Chrysler 300 
1968 Coronet 440 4-Dr                                                              
1968 Coronet 440                                       
1969 Charger                                       
1973 Charger SE 
1988 Dodge Custom 150 Pickup

BigBlockSam

well,.............. it's about time . are you gonna make a big pedal car out of it  or did you get a motor for it ?
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

jb666

That is awesome!! I can't wait to see it done!!!  :cheers: :cheers:

moparstuart

Quote from: BigBlockSam on January 27, 2009, 12:31:09 PM
well,.............. it's about time . are you gonna make a big pedal car out of it  or did you get a motor for it ?
he has ADD he looses interest quite often
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

daytonalo

Your right boating season is around corner ! I have a 440-6 going into , cant afford to build a Hemi right now

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: daytonalo on January 26, 2009, 11:44:06 PM
Thank you !! It is going to be a slightly tweaked f-6 green , to be exact B-25 - E-6 on the Sikkens color chip chart

Larry

FYI Larry That not not a Sikkens color map number......they are 3 numbers then a letter and then another number...Such as :

325e6...Not that thats youre code but thats how they are.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

PocketThunder

Quote from: 1hot68 on January 28, 2009, 11:01:16 AM
Thank you !! It is going to be a slightly tweaked f-6 green , to be exact B-25 - E-6 on the Sikkens color chip chart

Larry

FYI Larry That not not a Sikkens color map number......they are 3 numbers then a letter and then another number...Such as :

325e6...Not that thats youre code but thats how they are.

maybe he meant 825e6...?
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: PocketThunder on January 28, 2009, 11:04:04 AM
Quote from: 1hot68 on January 28, 2009, 11:01:16 AM

Larry

325e6...Not that thats you're code but that's how they are.

maybe he meant 825e6...?

Definitely wasn't 8 something 'cause they only go up to 6 hundred something .
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .

69*F5*SE

daytonalo

325- E-6 , SORRY , THE SHORT BUS THING

hotrod98

You're starting to sound like me. First it's orange pearl, now green. Wazzup with that?  :icon_smile_big:

Charles Addams

daytonalo

I did a spray out with Lamborghini Orange , loved it until I took the color outside and it looked muddy

hotrod98

It's hard deciding on a color. It's so much work to change it if you don't like it. I've had to reshoot a car before. What a pain.
We painted a Cougar convertible for my wife a few years back and the color turned out almost neon green. The color chip certainly didn''t look like that and it didn't look that way in the can. That's when I started shooting large sprayouts prior to final decision making.
I would do a sprayout for the 69 runner, but Hummer black is Hummer black no matter how you look at it.
Any chance of seeing a pic of your sprayout?

Charles Addams

daytonalo

car was blocked for two days , now 3 more coats of surfacer . All lines look great , going to paint car with two coats of single stage black urethane to insure EVERY line is perfect , yes a little more work , but worth it . No comments on my Nascar firewall ??? I bought it from an old race car ! (:

WingCharger

Looks good man. I prefer a original firewall myself. :2thumbs:

PocketThunder

BigBlockSam

QuoteI prefer a original firewall myself.

:yesnod:  looks good
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

daytonalo

pandamarie

Its looking good, cant wait until mine is that far.

hotrod98

I wish that my car was a non-air car. I don't want to hook the a/c back up since I'm sure that it would lead to overheating problems, and I hate all of the plumbing sticking out of the firewall. I guess if I removed the evap and closed off the holes, it could always be returned back some day if someone decided to return the car back to original. I really don't see that happening though.

Anyway, the car's looking good Larry. You're catching up with me...quick.

Charles Addams

69 charger 500

so far so good bro cant wait to see her in the later procedures :coolgleamA: keep the pics coming im gonna be waiting :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn:

Charger-Bodie

Looks good Larry.....Looks like youve been working lately, ya got two old turds primed up! Is that Gto a 66 or67?

Aero426

Quote from: hotrod98 on February 04, 2009, 02:35:49 PM
I wish that my car was a non-air car. I don't want to hook the a/c back up since I'm sure that it would lead to overheating problems, and I hate all of the plumbing sticking out of the firewall. I guess if I removed the evap and closed off the holes, it could always be returned back some day if someone decided to return the car back to original. I really don't see that happening though.

You know, I really don't think the A/C would be much of a problem.    The only time you really get into cooling issues is when stuck in traffic.    NotaBird has twin electric fans in front of the radiator that he flips on when needed.     Seems to do the job.   If I could be cool with A/C and not have to modify the car, I'd think about it.   Yes, I hate the look too.   In my opinion the lack of A/C availability had more to do with potential idiots driving the car in daily traffic.   Today, you would know when you could or should not use it.     A good cooling system, electric fan and a big front spoiler would go a long way. 

daytonalo

Larry ,

My car orig was a A/C car , converted to non A/C now I wanted a clean engine compartment , all wiring down low on frame rail , battery under latch tray , no wiper motor , filled in alignment cutouts . And by the way I'm going to have hidden A/C with all lines entering @ firewall lower floor seam and following contour of inner floor , saden comp hidden by fuel pump . Here is a pic of my old race boat engine , all cables and wires hidden , well almost all . That is 67 Gto were getting ready for paint booth , have a 64 GTO going to paint this Sat , and a 68 Roadrunner in for rear clip and full paint, the RR is under paint and body ( AMD parts ) The boat pic was taken  after 350 hrs on Engine , kind of clean freak !  One more thing . I wanted to announce my Engagement here for all to hear , well she's all mine !!

Larry

moparstuart

Quote from: DougSchellinger on February 04, 2009, 02:46:00 PM
Quote from: hotrod98 on February 04, 2009, 02:35:49 PM

You know, I really don't think the A/C would be much of a problem.    The only time you really get into cooling issues is when stuck in traffic.    NotaBird has twin electric fans in front of the radiator that he flips on when needed.     Seems to do the job.   If I could be cool with A/C and not have to modify the car, I'd think about it.   Yes, I hate the look too.   In my opinion the lack of A/C availability had more to do with potential idiots driving the car in daily traffic.   Today, you would know when you could or should not use it.     A good cooling system, electric fan and a big front spoiler would go a long way. 
I will have a/c on the birdible when i finish getting everything plummed , But I already have the electric pusher fan hidden up in the nose works great , just a flip of a switch in the console when i need it .

moparstuart

Quote from: daytonalo on February 04, 2009, 02:46:25 PM
Larry ,

My car orig was a A/C car , converted to non A/C now I wanted a clean engine compartment , all wiring down low on frame rail , battery under latch tray , no wiper motor , filled in alignment cutouts . And by the way I'm going to have hidden A/C with all lines entering @ firewall lower floor seam and following contour of inner floor , saden comp hidden by fuel pump . Here is a pic of my old race boat engine , all cables and wires hidden , well almost all . That is 67 Gto were getting ready for paint booth , have a 64 GTO going to paint this Sat , and a 68 Roadrunner in for rear clip and full paint, the RR is under paint and body ( AMD parts ) The boat pic was taken  after 350 hrs on Engine , kind of clean freak !  One more thing . I wanted to announce my Engagement here for all to hear , well she's all mine !!

Larry
so when are you and the boat getting married  :smilielol:

FJMG

I met a felllow at farmington last year and he solved his cooling issues by changing the w/p impeller to a larger dia. that was apparrently used on other BB applications (motorhome, truck???). He showed me the two pumps and there was only slight differences externally but the impeller dia. was vastly larger (maybe this increases the volume?). I'll have to call him to get part # but it is apparently available at parts stores.

daytonalo

I would like to know if it will work on an Alum housing. Keep in mind all the flow in the world is worthless unless you have the cooling capacity ! AKA radiator

FJMG

You are absolutely correct daytonalo. His was installed in a stock housing for sure and a stock (albeit rebuilt) rad. I will try and get some pics of the pump style/part # from a friend who has one.

Charger-Bodie

So , Larry Are you still shooting Sikkens? Or did you switch to BASF?

pettybird

Quote from: daytonalo on February 04, 2009, 03:24:39 PM
I would like to know if it will work on an Alum housing. Keep in mind all the flow in the world is worthless unless you have the cooling capacity ! AKA radiator

the smaller impeller was used to keep flow DOWN on HP engines to make sure the fluid stayed in the radiator longer...

daytonalo

No more BASF , for the most part Waterborne base / clear Sikkens

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: daytonalo on February 04, 2009, 05:06:17 PM
No more BASF , for the most part Waterborne base / clear Sikkens

Autowave? or someone elses waterbase? Still using AC3 or ?

daytonalo

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: daytonalo on February 04, 2009, 05:41:08 PM
????????/ WATERBORNE . LESS VOC

Yeah, but what brand of water base? Come on get with it!

Charger_Fan

Quote from: 1hot68 on February 04, 2009, 05:45:35 PM
Quote from: daytonalo on February 04, 2009, 05:41:08 PM
????????/ WATERBORNE . LESS VOC

Yeah, but what brand of water base? Come on get with it!
He's busy thinking about his engagement. :lol:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

hotrod98

Quote from: pettybird on February 04, 2009, 04:22:02 PM

the smaller impeller was used to keep flow DOWN on HP engines to make sure the fluid stayed in the radiator longer...

Correct. Pushing the coolant throught the system faster doesn't guarantee better cooling. You have to take "heat soak" into consideration as well as "heat dissipation".  I'm thinking about removing my original factory radiator and using a premium quality aluminum radiator with a pusher fan.

Charles Addams

daytonalo

moparstuart

Quote from: hotrod98 on February 04, 2009, 08:44:11 PM
Quote from: pettybird on February 04, 2009, 04:22:02 PM

Correct. Pushing the coolant throught the system faster doesn't guarantee better cooling. You have to take "heat soak" into consideration as well as "heat dissipation".  I'm thinking about removing my original factory radiator and using a premium quality aluminum radiator with a pusher fan.

this is a toyota condenser pusher fan , works great.  I have it on a switch in my console ,just turn it on when in traffic or the air conditioning is on .

daytonalo

A Toyota  S- Blade fan because it was free ??

moparstuart

Quote from: daytonalo on February 05, 2009, 10:41:32 AM
A Toyota  S- Blade fan because it was free ??
most late model imports have pusher fans infront of the a/c condenser , and yes I pulled it out of the salvage yard here.

daytonalo

moparstuart

Quote from: daytonalo on February 05, 2009, 11:06:42 AM
What is the CFM ?
it turns pretty fast , when it's on i cant see the blades   :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

daytonalo

You really are from the south !!!Yea ha !!!(:

moparstuart

Quote from: daytonalo on February 05, 2009, 12:54:49 PM
You really are from the south !!!Yea ha !!!(:
check the map brother , Kansas city is now south . heartland of the midwest .

hotrod98

:ahum:
Missouri? The south?  It's all in how you look at it I guess.
According to the people in New Orleans and Baton Rouge, you're a Yankee if you're from way up north around Shreveport.  :icon_smile_big:

Charles Addams

moparstuart

Quote from: hotrod98 on February 05, 2009, 01:10:38 PM
According to the people in New Orleans and Baton Rouge, you're a Yankee if you're from way up north around Shreveport.  :icon_smile_big:

missouri was a slave state  :2thumbs:

daytonalo

Sorry ! my bad , but you would fit right in for sure !!!

hemigeno

Quote from: moparstuart on February 05, 2009, 01:07:16 PM
heatland of the midwest .

Freudian slip? :P

BTW, nice progress on the car, Larry!   :cheers:

moparstuart

PocketThunder

Quote from: moparstuart on February 05, 2009, 01:12:04 PM
Quote from: hotrod98 on February 05, 2009, 01:10:38 PM

missouri was a slave state  :2thumbs:

Parts of it were anyways..   :scratchchin:

hotrod98

I thought that Kansas was the "heartland"...at least over there around Topeka.  :yesnod:

Larry, I'm getting close to priming the runner that I've been working on for the last few months. I've been using polyester primer, but I've been thinking about spraying two coats of epoxy and then going to urethane primer on this one. The reason is I've noticed that sometimes that the polyester primer seems to get a lot of "check" similar to lacquer check in it when I try to spray numerous coats at one time. This car will need to be hosed so that I can get it ultra straight since it's going black. Back when I shot the poly on my charger, I really had to sand the poly down to get rid of the imperfections. I shot a couple of antique gas pumps, base/clear a few weeks ago when it was cool and noticed the "check" in the poly then as well so it wasn't the high temps that caused it like I had thought at the time. Seems like these products are going downhill since they've been screwing with the voc's.
Anyway, what are you using on your charger as far as primers?

Charles Addams

moparstuart

quantrill and his raiders ( jesse james )  loved to go burn lawrence kansas.  Bleeding kansas  LOL
  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantrill's_Raiders

daytonalo

On the two in Photo ( my HOS and the 67 GTO ) we used Debeers off white Urethane surfacer , infact always used Urethane surfacer of Epoxy for years , never had ANY problem .