News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

MY DAYTONA IS FINALLY IN PRIMER !!!!

Started by daytonalo, January 26, 2009, 11:24:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69*F5*SE

daytonalo

325- E-6 , SORRY , THE SHORT BUS THING

hotrod98

You're starting to sound like me. First it's orange pearl, now green. Wazzup with that?  :icon_smile_big:

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

daytonalo

I did a spray out with Lamborghini Orange , loved it until I took the color outside and it looked muddy

hotrod98

It's hard deciding on a color. It's so much work to change it if you don't like it. I've had to reshoot a car before. What a pain.
We painted a Cougar convertible for my wife a few years back and the color turned out almost neon green. The color chip certainly didn''t look like that and it didn't look that way in the can. That's when I started shooting large sprayouts prior to final decision making.
I would do a sprayout for the 69 runner, but Hummer black is Hummer black no matter how you look at it.
Any chance of seeing a pic of your sprayout?

Charles Addams

daytonalo

car was blocked for two days , now 3 more coats of surfacer . All lines look great , going to paint car with two coats of single stage black urethane to insure EVERY line is perfect , yes a little more work , but worth it . No comments on my Nascar firewall ??? I bought it from an old race car ! (:

WingCharger

Looks good man. I prefer a original firewall myself. :2thumbs:

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

BigBlockSam

QuoteI prefer a original firewall myself.

:yesnod:  looks good
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

daytonalo

pandamarie

Its looking good, cant wait until mine is that far.

hotrod98

I wish that my car was a non-air car. I don't want to hook the a/c back up since I'm sure that it would lead to overheating problems, and I hate all of the plumbing sticking out of the firewall. I guess if I removed the evap and closed off the holes, it could always be returned back some day if someone decided to return the car back to original. I really don't see that happening though.

Anyway, the car's looking good Larry. You're catching up with me...quick.

Charles Addams

69 charger 500

so far so good bro cant wait to see her in the later procedures :coolgleamA: keep the pics coming im gonna be waiting :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn:

Charger-Bodie

Looks good Larry.....Looks like youve been working lately, ya got two old turds primed up! Is that Gto a 66 or67?
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Aero426

Quote from: hotrod98 on February 04, 2009, 02:35:49 PM
I wish that my car was a non-air car. I don't want to hook the a/c back up since I'm sure that it would lead to overheating problems, and I hate all of the plumbing sticking out of the firewall. I guess if I removed the evap and closed off the holes, it could always be returned back some day if someone decided to return the car back to original. I really don't see that happening though.

You know, I really don't think the A/C would be much of a problem.    The only time you really get into cooling issues is when stuck in traffic.    NotaBird has twin electric fans in front of the radiator that he flips on when needed.     Seems to do the job.   If I could be cool with A/C and not have to modify the car, I'd think about it.   Yes, I hate the look too.   In my opinion the lack of A/C availability had more to do with potential idiots driving the car in daily traffic.   Today, you would know when you could or should not use it.     A good cooling system, electric fan and a big front spoiler would go a long way. 

daytonalo

Larry ,

My car orig was a A/C car , converted to non A/C now I wanted a clean engine compartment , all wiring down low on frame rail , battery under latch tray , no wiper motor , filled in alignment cutouts . And by the way I'm going to have hidden A/C with all lines entering @ firewall lower floor seam and following contour of inner floor , saden comp hidden by fuel pump . Here is a pic of my old race boat engine , all cables and wires hidden , well almost all . That is 67 Gto were getting ready for paint booth , have a 64 GTO going to paint this Sat , and a 68 Roadrunner in for rear clip and full paint, the RR is under paint and body ( AMD parts ) The boat pic was taken  after 350 hrs on Engine , kind of clean freak !  One more thing . I wanted to announce my Engagement here for all to hear , well she's all mine !!

Larry

moparstuart

Quote from: DougSchellinger on February 04, 2009, 02:46:00 PM
Quote from: hotrod98 on February 04, 2009, 02:35:49 PM

You know, I really don't think the A/C would be much of a problem.    The only time you really get into cooling issues is when stuck in traffic.    NotaBird has twin electric fans in front of the radiator that he flips on when needed.     Seems to do the job.   If I could be cool with A/C and not have to modify the car, I'd think about it.   Yes, I hate the look too.   In my opinion the lack of A/C availability had more to do with potential idiots driving the car in daily traffic.   Today, you would know when you could or should not use it.     A good cooling system, electric fan and a big front spoiler would go a long way. 
I will have a/c on the birdible when i finish getting everything plummed , But I already have the electric pusher fan hidden up in the nose works great , just a flip of a switch in the console when i need it .
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

moparstuart

Quote from: daytonalo on February 04, 2009, 02:46:25 PM
Larry ,

My car orig was a A/C car , converted to non A/C now I wanted a clean engine compartment , all wiring down low on frame rail , battery under latch tray , no wiper motor , filled in alignment cutouts . And by the way I'm going to have hidden A/C with all lines entering @ firewall lower floor seam and following contour of inner floor , saden comp hidden by fuel pump . Here is a pic of my old race boat engine , all cables and wires hidden , well almost all . That is 67 Gto were getting ready for paint booth , have a 64 GTO going to paint this Sat , and a 68 Roadrunner in for rear clip and full paint, the RR is under paint and body ( AMD parts ) The boat pic was taken  after 350 hrs on Engine , kind of clean freak !  One more thing . I wanted to announce my Engagement here for all to hear , well she's all mine !!

Larry
so when are you and the boat getting married  :smilielol:

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

FJMG

I met a felllow at farmington last year and he solved his cooling issues by changing the w/p impeller to a larger dia. that was apparrently used on other BB applications (motorhome, truck???). He showed me the two pumps and there was only slight differences externally but the impeller dia. was vastly larger (maybe this increases the volume?). I'll have to call him to get part # but it is apparently available at parts stores.

daytonalo

I would like to know if it will work on an Alum housing. Keep in mind all the flow in the world is worthless unless you have the cooling capacity ! AKA radiator

FJMG

You are absolutely correct daytonalo. His was installed in a stock housing for sure and a stock (albeit rebuilt) rad. I will try and get some pics of the pump style/part # from a friend who has one.

Charger-Bodie

So , Larry Are you still shooting Sikkens? Or did you switch to BASF?
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .

pettybird

Quote from: daytonalo on February 04, 2009, 03:24:39 PM
I would like to know if it will work on an Alum housing. Keep in mind all the flow in the world is worthless unless you have the cooling capacity ! AKA radiator

the smaller impeller was used to keep flow DOWN on HP engines to make sure the fluid stayed in the radiator longer...

daytonalo

No more BASF , for the most part Waterborne base / clear Sikkens

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: daytonalo on February 04, 2009, 05:06:17 PM
No more BASF , for the most part Waterborne base / clear Sikkens

Autowave? or someone elses waterbase? Still using AC3 or ?