News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

MY DAYTONA IS FINALLY IN PRIMER !!!!

Started by daytonalo, January 26, 2009, 11:24:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daytonalo

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: daytonalo on February 04, 2009, 05:41:08 PM
????????/ WATERBORNE . LESS VOC

Yeah, but what brand of water base? Come on get with it!
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Charger_Fan

Quote from: 1hot68 on February 04, 2009, 05:45:35 PM
Quote from: daytonalo on February 04, 2009, 05:41:08 PM
????????/ WATERBORNE . LESS VOC

Yeah, but what brand of water base? Come on get with it!
He's busy thinking about his engagement. :lol:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

hotrod98

Quote from: pettybird on February 04, 2009, 04:22:02 PM
Quote from: daytonalo on February 04, 2009, 03:24:39 PM
I would like to know if it will work on an Alum housing. Keep in mind all the flow in the world is worthless unless you have the cooling capacity ! AKA radiator

the smaller impeller was used to keep flow DOWN on HP engines to make sure the fluid stayed in the radiator longer...

Correct. Pushing the coolant throught the system faster doesn't guarantee better cooling. You have to take "heat soak" into consideration as well as "heat dissipation".  I'm thinking about removing my original factory radiator and using a premium quality aluminum radiator with a pusher fan.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

daytonalo

moparstuart

Quote from: hotrod98 on February 04, 2009, 08:44:11 PM
Quote from: pettybird on February 04, 2009, 04:22:02 PM
Quote from: daytonalo on February 04, 2009, 03:24:39 PM
I would like to know if it will work on an Alum housing. Keep in mind all the flow in the world is worthless unless you have the cooling capacity ! AKA radiator

the smaller impeller was used to keep flow DOWN on HP engines to make sure the fluid stayed in the radiator longer...

Correct. Pushing the coolant throught the system faster doesn't guarantee better cooling. You have to take "heat soak" into consideration as well as "heat dissipation".  I'm thinking about removing my original factory radiator and using a premium quality aluminum radiator with a pusher fan.

this is a toyota condenser pusher fan , works great.  I have it on a switch in my console ,just turn it on when in traffic or the air conditioning is on .
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

daytonalo

A Toyota  S- Blade fan because it was free ??

moparstuart

Quote from: daytonalo on February 05, 2009, 10:41:32 AM
A Toyota  S- Blade fan because it was free ??
most late model imports have pusher fans infront of the a/c condenser , and yes I pulled it out of the salvage yard here.

daytonalo

moparstuart

Quote from: daytonalo on February 05, 2009, 11:06:42 AM
What is the CFM ?
it turns pretty fast , when it's on i cant see the blades   :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

daytonalo

You really are from the south !!!Yea ha !!!(:

moparstuart

Quote from: daytonalo on February 05, 2009, 12:54:49 PM
You really are from the south !!!Yea ha !!!(:
check the map brother , Kansas city is now south . heartland of the midwest .

hotrod98

:ahum:
Missouri? The south?  It's all in how you look at it I guess.
According to the people in New Orleans and Baton Rouge, you're a Yankee if you're from way up north around Shreveport.  :icon_smile_big:

Charles Addams

moparstuart

Quote from: hotrod98 on February 05, 2009, 01:10:38 PM
According to the people in New Orleans and Baton Rouge, you're a Yankee if you're from way up north around Shreveport.  :icon_smile_big:

missouri was a slave state  :2thumbs:

daytonalo

Sorry ! my bad , but you would fit right in for sure !!!

hemigeno

Quote from: moparstuart on February 05, 2009, 01:07:16 PM
heatland of the midwest .

Freudian slip? :P

BTW, nice progress on the car, Larry!   :cheers:

moparstuart

PocketThunder

Quote from: moparstuart on February 05, 2009, 01:12:04 PM
Quote from: hotrod98 on February 05, 2009, 01:10:38 PM

missouri was a slave state  :2thumbs:

Parts of it were anyways..   :scratchchin:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

hotrod98

I thought that Kansas was the "heartland"...at least over there around Topeka.  :yesnod:

Larry, I'm getting close to priming the runner that I've been working on for the last few months. I've been using polyester primer, but I've been thinking about spraying two coats of epoxy and then going to urethane primer on this one. The reason is I've noticed that sometimes that the polyester primer seems to get a lot of "check" similar to lacquer check in it when I try to spray numerous coats at one time. This car will need to be hosed so that I can get it ultra straight since it's going black. Back when I shot the poly on my charger, I really had to sand the poly down to get rid of the imperfections. I shot a couple of antique gas pumps, base/clear a few weeks ago when it was cool and noticed the "check" in the poly then as well so it wasn't the high temps that caused it like I had thought at the time. Seems like these products are going downhill since they've been screwing with the voc's.
Anyway, what are you using on your charger as far as primers?

Charles Addams

moparstuart

quantrill and his raiders ( jesse james )  loved to go burn lawrence kansas.  Bleeding kansas  LOL
  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantrill's_Raiders

daytonalo

On the two in Photo ( my HOS and the 67 GTO ) we used Debeers off white Urethane surfacer , infact always used Urethane surfacer of Epoxy for years , never had ANY problem .