News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Street Radial Drag Tire & CALTRACS

Started by mudflapj16, November 04, 2005, 03:40:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mudflapj16

Hi, I have a 72 Rallye Charger and I wanted to know what is the Biggest tire that I can run without any rubbing and what brands are you guys having the best results with? I will be running Weld Prostars 15x10 with 4 1/2 backspacing & I would like to run a Street Radial Drag Tire. I also just bought the CALTRACS traction bar system & Mono Leaf Spring Set, if it matters that's bolted to a Dana 60 with 4.10 gears. For anyone that’s running the CALTRACS setup, what are your thoughts about it? The motor is a Indy head 440 bored .055 & stroked with a auto trans bolted on back. I want my car to Hookup and not smoke the tires off. And last any thoughts about Dennys driveshafts? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Bob

mudflapj16

Can anyone give me any advice or suggestions on a tire size ???

Thanks
Bob

firefighter3931

Hi Bob, i own a second gen Charger so i'm not too familiar with the 72 and up. The MT Drag Radial is an awesome hooking tire and should work great with the caltrac setup. I know a 295/65/15 will fit in the wheelwell of a 68-70 charger and i would imagine yours would be no problem either. If you're looking at a dual purpose tire, the MT is what you want....inmo. Good luck with it....sounds like a killer combination   :icon_smile_big:

Ron

Ps. Welcome to the board   :thumbs:
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Chryco Psycho

the 71-74 Chargers have a smaller wheelwell , I really doubt you will fit a 10 rim , I have 275 60 tires under mine & they fit well
a friend & I just installed a set of Slide-A-Link bars under his Duster , it was doing 1.72 60 " before the bars & 1.72 after , it doesn`t seem to make any difference

mudflapj16

Hey Ron , thanks a lot for the advice and the good words about the combo. This at least gives me a starting point, because I see people all the time selling tires that are too big for their cars.  I just didn’t want to go and buy tires I can’t use and then take a beating on them. Even if that tire size won't work on the Rallye, I’ll just use them my 68 R/T Charger when it gets out of the shop next spring.

Chryco Psycho,  I’ve been working on this car a long time, and I’ve changed almost everything, so I won’t be able to compare any 60 ft. times. Thanks for letting me know about the tires and rim size, if they won’t work I’ll sell the rims and use the tires on a 68 I have. What rim size do you run?

That’s again
Bob

Chryco Psycho

currently I have a 7" rim but an 8 or 8.5" fits ok with the correct backspacing