News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Any vendors/recomendations here for carpet kits for my '69?

Started by jb666, January 30, 2009, 08:23:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jb666

I'm looking for a full carpet kit for my '69 (Medium Saddle) and was hoping(besides EBay) someone here could steer me towards a good vendor.

Thanks!

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: jb666 on January 30, 2009, 08:23:16 PM
I'm looking for a full carpet kit for my '69 (Medium Saddle) and was hoping(besides EBay) someone here could steer me towards a good vendor.

Thanks!
I was going to post a thread tomorrow with pictures, but since you asked.  I here about ACC and Trim Parts.  I bought Trim parts and am not happy with what I see.
I was warned about this exact issue of being "lumpy" in the pass side corner.  I tried to get out of the order but was told over and over how better Trim part carperts are.  I don't like lumps.  And no they won't smooth out.    No problem with the driver side.
I was told if I was unhappy I would have to pay the shipping back, and I find that unfair that if the product is not as promised, I have to pay a second time?  I'm not mentioning the dealer at this time, I'm to frustrated, it was hours fitting and cutting them in. :brickwall:  You can't tell if the fit is not good until you cut the console area out and lay things down, then it's to late because you cut it. :eek2:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

68RT4ME

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on February 07, 2009, 09:53:36 PM

Thanks!
I was going to post a thread tomorrow with pictures, but since you asked.  I here about ACC and Trim Parts.  I bought Trim parts and am not happy with what I see.
I was warned about this exact issue of being "lumpy" in the pass side corner.  I tried to get out of the order but was told over and over how better Trim part carperts are.  I don't like lumps.  And no they won't smooth out.    No problem with the driver side.
I was told if I was unhappy I would have to pay the shipping back, and I find that unfair that if the product is not as promised, I have to pay a second time?  I'm not mentioning the dealer at this time, I'm to frustrated, it was hours fitting and cutting them in. :brickwall:

You should mention who it was. If a vendor can't or won't stand behind his product, he should be called out on it. Same goes for the ones who do stand behind their stuff. They should be praised. You do us all a service by warning us about who to stay away from.

Looking at your pics, I can clearly see why your not happy. Nice work though making the most of it.  ;)
'69 Charger R/T, T5, Tan Top, Tan Interior, Black Stripe. Complete numbers matching 440 4Spd

Rigs

Thanks!
I was told if I was unhappy I would have to pay the shipping back, and I find that unfair that if the product is not as promised, I have to pay a second time?  I'm not mentioning the dealer at this time, I'm to frustrated, it was hours fitting and cutting them in. :brickwall:

You're right,it is totally unsatisfactory,since they are only around $125.00,order an ACC,take that one out,cut it up into 4 pieces and just park on it !!!!

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Rigs on February 07, 2009, 10:47:59 PM

Thanks!

You're right,it is totally unsatisfactory,since they are only around $125.00,order an ACC,take that one out,cut it up into 4 pieces and just park on it !!!!
How about 150.00 plus shipping.  I haven't installed the seats yet because I'm thinking about just losing all that hard earned money and getting ACC.  I wanted to see if others had the same issue with ACC first.

As for the vendor, he has been good otherwise, I did email him ( and I wasn't happy after wasting several of my Saturday hours. ) and Trim parts, if they offer to replace the carpet for free, then I'll let things alone.  If not, I'll mention who it is.  I only need a new front piece, Geez, what could that cost them ?  :Twocents:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Charger-Bodie

Atleast you're one of the people who positioned you're gas pedal somewhat close to where it belongs in the heal pad!!
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: 1hot68 on February 07, 2009, 11:03:58 PM
Atleast you're one of the people who positioned you're gas pedal somewhat close to where it belongs in the heal pad!!
You know what Brian, I never thought of that?  That's where it was compared to the carpet I pulled out.  Man that was a lucky call.

Rigs

Got mine at Carlisle, $100.00 show special,seen both ACC and Trim parts for that price.Bought the Trim parts one,ended up with that same pug looking effect on the pass side tranny tunnel.

1969chargerrtse

I would love to see other pictures of ACC or Trim parts carpet instalation please.  :shruggy:

Charger-Bodie

not the greatest pics,but :
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .

1969chargerrtse

69chargerR/T

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on February 08, 2009, 01:01:14 PM
Quote from: 1hot68 on February 08, 2009, 12:21:23 PM
not the greatest pics,but :
So your fit is fine I take it, and you used ACC?

Sorry to sound dumb but, who is ACC  :confused: For some reason I just can't think who is ACC :shruggy: 

terrible one

Auto Custom Carpets, I believe.

I got the ACC carpet in black, but it's still boxed up . . .

Charger-Bodie

69chargerR/T

Quote from: 1hot68 on February 08, 2009, 03:14:21 PM
Quote from: terrible one on February 08, 2009, 03:09:31 PM

Yep  :yesnod:

1hot68, did you use the ACC carpet ?  Also where should the gas peddle be on the heel pad, every car I see its not in the same place :shruggy: Got any pics where it should be, I need to do carpet in my 69.

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: 69chargerR/T on February 08, 2009, 03:28:51 PM
Quote from: 1hot68 on February 08, 2009, 03:14:21 PM
Quote from: terrible one on February 08, 2009, 03:09:31 PM

Yep  :yesnod:

1hot68, did you use the ACC carpet ?  Also where should the gas peddle be on the heel pad, every car I see its not in the same place :shruggy: Got any pics where it should be, I need to do carpet in my 69.

This is the best picture I have of that spot on my Charger.......The pedal basically should "be" the front right corner of the heal pad.

And Yes it is Auto Custom Carpet......Way better fit than Trimparts IMHO.

1969chargerrtse

I think you just like posting pictures of that shifter there, buddy boy.  :icon_smile_wink:

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on February 08, 2009, 04:13:48 PM
I think you just like posting pictures of that shifter there, buddy boy.  :icon_smile_wink:

Maybe! I think you just cant get past the fact that you REALLY want a Manual Shifter 'tween da seats!

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: 1hot68 on February 08, 2009, 04:17:10 PM
Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on February 08, 2009, 04:13:48 PM

Maybe! I think you just cant get past the fact that you REALLY want a Manual Shifter 'tween da seats!
Nooooooo.  :yesnod:

Just 6T9 CHGR

My carpet was from ACC as well.  The fit was pretty good (got it 10 years ago)  It was a bit short on the edges (the sill plates barely cover it)  Also the heel pad was sewn on crooked.  But for the most part it fit well.

IIRC there is a third brand out there that is "uber" correct....it is so premium that it gets shipped unrolled in a flat box and has no wrinkles & fits right out of the box.  I believe Dave Walden from ECS has a hand in its manufacture.
There is a thread about them on Moparts...I am at my mom-in-law's right now so I dont have acces to the thread at the moment.

I believe we discussed this on the phone Rob ???
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Charger-Bodie

Yeah Chris that is the best stuff there is Right there from ECS..... I also told Rob about that stuff on the phone.I couldnt remember at that time who was doing it but yeah.

1969chargerrtse

Yes you did.  Yes Chris did. I didn't want to pay a fortune for rugs, I have enough in this car as it is.  Thing is I do remember Chris saying he had seen, or had both and liked Trim Parts better.  Not me.   :rotz:  So really it's all Chris's fault.  :smilielol:

Just 6T9 CHGR

Nope....said I had ACC and a friend bought Trim Parts (he had no trouble with his)

I guess the moral of the story is you get what you pay for & too many opinions makes Rob a dull boy :nana:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T