News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

SUPER BOWL!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHO'S YOUR PICK??????

Started by skip68, January 31, 2009, 10:58:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGhost

The Steelers almost snatched defeat from the jaws of victory, there.

Still, it was one helluva game.

And, as always, GO MIAMI!
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

jdiesel33

Looks like I picked correctly!!! :icon_smile_big:
That Roethlisberger is pretty damn awesome. All he knows how to do is win. They play a full 60 minutes and never give up.
1968 Dodge Charger R/T
PP1,Black Hat, Black Stripes

bull

I think the last play resulted in a crappy call by the refs. Remember the 2002 "tuck rule" playoff game between Oakland and New England? I saw no difference between that and what happened to Kurt Warner last night. As long as the QB is trying to pass the ball (and there is forward motion which there was) it is not a fumble.

Other than that is was a good game. Two very talented teams that both played well. :2thumbs:

TheGhost

The ball wasn't thrown, it was stripped out of his hand as he was throwing it, hence, the fumble call.  I felt it was a good call, after seeing the replay.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

jdiesel33

Also, Kurt Warner should have been flagged for taking his helmet off when arguing that first fumble call and Fitzgerald should have been flagged when he came back in bounds to tackle Harrison after the interception.
1968 Dodge Charger R/T

jdiesel33

Also, the last touchdown by Fitzgerald shouldnt have counted either. He was lined by in the neutral zone. If you look at a still or in slow motion, his lead foot is in the neutral zone about 2 feet further down the field than the rest of his team. This game wasnt officiated very well. Im sure the Steelers had some that should have been called too.
1968 Dodge Charger R/T

500hp_440

Hmm I think the steelers will win, anyone want to take a $5,000 bet?  :lol:
Let it alone^.

bull

Quote from: TheGhost on February 02, 2009, 03:36:55 PM
The ball wasn't thrown, it was stripped out of his hand as he was throwing it, hence, the fumble call.  I felt it was a good call, after seeing the replay.

Which is exactly what happened in the "tuck rule" game and it was not called a fumble. So which is it? The NFL rules need to be enforced the same in each game.

bull

Quote from: jdiesel33 on February 02, 2009, 04:22:29 PM
Also, Kurt Warner should have been flagged for taking his helmet off when arguing that first fumble call and Fitzgerald should have been flagged when he came back in bounds to tackle Harrison after the interception.

And #92 from the Steelers should have been thrown out of the game.

Neal_J

Super Bowl MVP shoulda been BRUCE.

Springsteen is God.

Neal

bull

jdiesel33

Quote from: bull on February 02, 2009, 10:55:19 PM

Ummmmm.....maybe, but then that would be really inconsistent b/c that was no more violent than when someone gets drilled after they are already out of bounds or how when a scuffle breaks out and someone punches someone else in the helmet or facemask and they dont get ejected. If you go back and look, the only violent part of that was when the other guy was trying to get back up and got laid out. The "punch" before that was actually pretty lame.They said the play or 2 before that one, the guy #92 hit made a dirty play by hitting him in the nads. I dont have a problem with throwing people out for any of the above but they couldnt start doing it right then.
1968 Dodge Charger R/T

bull

Quote from: jdiesel33 on February 03, 2009, 07:42:55 AM
Quote from: bull on February 02, 2009, 10:55:19 PM

Ummmmm.....maybe, but then that would be really inconsistent b/c that was no more violent than when someone gets drilled after they are already out of bounds or how when a scuffle breaks out and someone punches someone else in the helmet or facemask and they dont get ejected. If you go back and look, the only violent part of that was when the other guy was trying to get back up and got laid out. The "punch" before that was actually pretty lame.They said the play or 2 before that one, the guy #92 hit made a dirty play by hitting him in the nads. I dont have a problem with throwing people out for any of the above but they couldnt start doing it right then.

Yes it is different. There's a difference between one or two smacks and/or a shove beyond the out-of-bounds line (which can be flagged) and a guy who's got another guy on the ground repeatedly punching him and shoving him back to the ground every time he tries to get up. They call it flagrant and unsportsmanlike. I wouldn't be surprised if the guy eventually ends up with a fine and a suspension.

Harrison's a real winner. Looks like he enjoys smacking women around too: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3327255&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines

nh_mopar_fan

Quote from: jdiesel33 on February 02, 2009, 01:31:15 AM
That Roethlisberger is pretty damn awesome. All he knows how to do is win. They play a full 60 minutes and never give up.
You mean other than those 4 AFC Championship game losses?

;)

jdiesel33

Quote from: nh_mopar_fan on February 03, 2009, 01:40:56 PM
Quote from: jdiesel33 on February 02, 2009, 01:31:15 AM

;)

Hey now, those were different teams that lost those games. Be nice to my boys. ;)
1968 Dodge Charger R/T

ds440

Quote from: bull on February 03, 2009, 01:33:45 PM

Yes it is different. There's a difference between one or two smacks and/or a shove beyond the out-of-bounds line (which can be flagged) and a guy who's got another guy on the ground repeatedly punching him and shoving him back to the ground every time he tries to get up. They call it flagrant and unsportsmanlike. I wouldn't be surprised if the guy eventually ends up with a fine and a suspension.

Not that I really want to get into an internet whine-fest, but in the post game interviews several Steeler players commented that #47 was repeated going for Harrison's knees.  If you watch the video, he does lounge towards his knees.

John Madden (a Steeler hater since '72) didn't seem to want to comment on that, now did he?

And for the record, watch the video, Harrison shoved the guy with an open palm which under NFL rules is TECHNICALLY a legal block.  HOWEVER, given the speed of the strike and the angle of the referee that will be flagged EVERY time.  It was an unnecessary loss of composure at crucial point in the game.

FYI:  "shoving to the ground" is called also referred to as "blocking."  And yes, 'repeatedly' is also allowed in the rules.   :Twocents:

And, yes, Harrison is known to be a grade-A jerk.  But much like Greg Lloyd, I'd imagine he wasn't hired for his disposition.

;)

He has only lost one AFC Championship game as a rookie.  And we won't get into that *asterisk* performance, now will we.... :scope: :scope: :scope: :scope:
;) ;) ;)

1968 Charger R/T, 440 auto.

Foreman72

;)

He has only lost one AFC Championship game as a rookie.  And we won't get into that *asterisk* performance, now will we.... :scope: :scope: :scope: :scope:
;) ;) ;)

[/quote]
wanna start something :nono:
:lol:

Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

PocketThunder

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGVKocPUNE4

If the cardinals players on the sidelines would have stayed back from the sideline maybe Fitzgerald would have caught up in time to prevent the touchdown.   :shruggy:   Is it not legal to come from out of bounds after being pushed out by an opposing player and still make a tackle?
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

ds440

Yes, it is illegal to go out of bounds (unforced) and returned to the field and make a tackle.  A moot point, but it was a missed call...

TheGhost

I thought that rule was only for touching the football?

jdiesel33

Quote from: TheGhost on February 04, 2009, 05:14:22 PM
I thought that rule was only for touching the football?

Nah, it applies to tackling as well.
1968 Dodge Charger R/T

rav440

Quote from: Foreman72 on February 03, 2009, 04:12:02 PM
;)

;) ;) ;)

wanna start something :nono:
:lol:

[/quote]

what *asterisk* performance  :shruggy:
1973 PLYMOUTH road runner GTX

ds440

Quote from: rav440 on February 08, 2009, 12:20:56 PM

what *asterisk* performance  :shruggy:

Oh, it was just a joke in reference to the hub-bub about the 2005 AFC championship game in which the Pats supposedly had tapes of the Steeler's play-calling.  That was Ben's only AFC championship loss.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/2007-09-12-1294083353_x.htm

Much-a-do about nothing if you ask me.  Even if they knew the plays, they still have to go out and execute. :Twocents:

General_01

They may still have to execute, but it is much easier to execute when you know what is coming.

On another note, does anybody know of a team that needs a quarterback? I think Brady might be up for grabs soon. :D
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

Foreman72

Quote from: General_01 on February 08, 2009, 01:22:32 PM
They may still have to execute, but it is much easier to execute when you know what is coming.

On another note, does anybody know of a team that needs a quarterback? I think Brady might be up for grabs soon. :D

not so fast... :lol: lets c how this unfolds first...did u kno that between cassel and brady they take up 25% of the cap? is that insane or what

and much ado about nothing is right on DS
Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat