News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

440 source roller rockers

Started by 70-500-SE-EXPORT, February 01, 2009, 08:03:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mally69

Might be better off to get new ones but I do have an old set if you really want them.

72charger440

t
Quote from: mally69 on February 18, 2009, 11:41:51 PM
If you need shafts I have am old set laying around I could sell ya.
thanks. my only question now is will the factory hold up power wise with all the hp stuff in my engine?
72 charger SE 440 big block  
mopar or no car!!!!

mally69

Quote from: 72charger440 on February 18, 2009, 11:44:43 PM
t
Quote from: mally69 on February 18, 2009, 11:41:51 PM
If you need shafts I have am old set laying around I could sell ya.
thanks. my only question now is will the factory hold up power wise with all the hp stuff in my engine?

It should. I ran the factory rockers with .501 lift for about 2000 miles before I had a pushrod poke through. but your not running near that much lift so it should be fine. Its the lift that kills the factory style rockers.

72charger440

right right. i think i should buy all new rockers from summit racing. do those come with the shafts or just rockers?
mopar or no car!!!!

Ghoste

72charger440

mopar or no car!!!!

Rolling_Thunder

the stock rockers will be fine with your application.  :2thumbs:
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

firefighter3931

Quote from: 72charger440 on February 18, 2009, 11:52:13 PM
right right. i think i should buy all new rockers from summit racing. do those come with the shafts or just rockers?

Mancini Racing has everything you need and bundles it all together in a nice package ; rockers/shafts/spacers/holdowns/bolts.  :2thumbs:

http://chucker54.stores.yahoo.net/mrepacspecbr.html

Get some new Chrome moly pushrods while you're at it ;

http://chucker54.stores.yahoo.net/hy440chmo.html

These parts will provide years of trouble free service. No worries of roller axles falling out and potentailly ruining your engine. I've run these rocker arms with flat tappet hydraulic cams in the .520 lift range without issue....so if you decide to upsize your cam in the future there's no need to replace parts.  ;)

The few rocker arm failures (pushrods popping through the rockers) i've seen have been with high milage factory rocker arms running agressive cam profiles. Under those conditions the rocker arm was exceeding it's service life.

The MP heavy duty rocker arms are reinforced in the cup area and are designed for severe duty. The chrome shafts are near indestructable as long as you don't over torque them during installation. The heavy wall chrome moly pushrods are also extremely strong....i've yet to see one break.

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

badass

There ya go buddy isnt this site great ? thats what i got from mancini too with a comp268 cam well be alright 440 source makes me wonder .
mopars best **** the rest