News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Shocks for 68 Charger - need opinions from members

Started by 4402tuff4u, October 27, 2005, 01:13:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4402tuff4u

What would be a good set of shocks for street use? I did a search and saw several posts on three way adjustable competition shocks that some members use for street. Just looking for a good set that will make a Charger perform nicely around turns, etc.. The Charger will be getting brand new front end with all poly bushings, etc... Any opinions? Thank you for your help.
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

Just 6T9 CHGR

I had the KYB's on the car for a while but couldnt stand the harshness over the SINY crappy roads

Swapped them out for some Monroe Gas-Matics ($11.50 each at rockauto.com) and I and my teeth are much happier
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Charger_Fan

I have Gabriel gas shocks on mine, probably an equivalent of the Monroe's...of course that was when it had daily driver duty in say...1991. ;D

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Ghoste

I have Competition Engineering drag shocks on mine but I'm still undecided about how I like them on the street.  I'm leaning to not though.

Charger1970

QuoteI had the KYB's on the car for a while but couldnt stand the harshness over the SINY crappy roads

I just installed KYB's on mine about a month ago. I am loving them. We have pretty good roads here in Georgia.  ;D
1970 Charger 500
2015 Challenger SRT

RTPTRON

Check out the Edelbrock IAS shocks.  I love them on my 68 RT

Smoke20

I have the KYB gas-a-just shocks also, but my car's not running, so I can't comment yet on how they feel. I liked them in my Jeep Grand Cherokee before I sold it, so I bought 'em for the Charger.
Kevin
It's MoPar or No Car!  :drive:

'69 Dodge Charger - Black primer
01 Dodge Intrepid R/T 3.5L Magnum V6 36K
05 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT Inferno Red, Loaded

4402tuff4u

Quote from: RTPTRON on October 29, 2005, 01:27:35 AM
Check out the Edelbrock IAS shocks.   I love them on my 68 RT

Not to be funny but I can't see them! Are you refering on how the Charger sits? Nice looking Charger by the way!

I'm basically looking for a nice ride and good performance shock. I dont want my kidneys to loose any "shelf life" while driving the Charger :icon_smile_big:.
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

myk

KYB's....What's the life/mileage span on these things anyway?
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

Ghoste

Depends how hard you're using them.  I know it's kind of a simplistic answer but it's the truth.  If you are using them everyday on poor roads at high speed with a lot of turns in the road, they'll wear out a lot sooner than one that is driven to the local cruise in twice a month.