News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone else ride bikes here???

Started by captnsim, February 08, 2009, 10:04:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

captnsim

My other passion next to my charger is my RSVR Milli. Loaded with ergal, arrow exhaust, power commander, and chipped.  OZ wheels, Brembo brakes, Ohlin shocks and forks. 1000cc V twin. 1 of 2000 made. Tons of carbon fiber goodies. Intergrated blinkers, most decals removed, and tail painted black.
Lets see what yeah got...Post some pics.

dads_69

I have an '08 GSXR 750. No photos though, its all stock. No need yet to mod it, had it up to 155 or so, so far. :D
I ride a '06 WR450F also, w/many mods. I ride mostly trails, wide open trails where you can hit 70 to 80 mph here w/no prob'.

Mark
Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

captnsim

Sweet bikes...always liked gsxr's. Few more pics of my Aprilia.

Sublime/Sixpack

I don't ride much anymore but still have a Sport bike, and dirt bike.
1970 Sublime R/T, 440 Six Pack, Four speed, Super Track Pak

captnsim

Quote from: Sublime/Sixpack on February 08, 2009, 11:51:58 PM
Nice :2thumbs: What do you have??

2much2learn

my cousin goes to track days down here in MSR houston in his 07 R6 raven and my cousin in law as well in his 08 R1, i want too sooo bad but cant because A:dont know how to ride  :-\  and B: most importantly i dont have the $$$ for a bike right now. :'(
I say " determined to restore the Charger" SHE hears " Stubborn to throw your money away"   dx_Xb

skip68

I've had my share.  I sold my R1 about 1 1/2 years ago and it's time for another.  :icon_smile_big:  My smallest was a watercooled pocket bike and my biggest was the Hayabusa (P.O.S.).  Those RSVR's may not be the top #1 performer to me but DAMM, they are just the sweetest looking bikes.  I got to ride one in Ca. that a buddy had and was very impressed with the torq but I felt the upper end was lacking some.  Very stable in the twisties but tooooo loud.  I can't remember what pipes he had but I swear it was loud as a Harley.  I've got to talk with him soon and I'll try to remember to ask.   You got a sick looking bike.  :drool5: :2thumbs:  I think my next bike will be something like the FJR1300.  More comfort but still powerfull and the wife will ride on it.  :icon_smile_big:  But then again, every time I get rid of a sportbike I say it's my last but then end up getting another one.  :shruggy:  Keep the rubber down.  :2thumbs:    
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

captnsim

Yeah the RSVR is a low end torque bike. Some times too much as it can be jerky of idle, burbles some days at low rpms...easy to grab the wrong gear...I spend as much time tuning it as riding it. Handles like its on rails and easy to flick from side to side. Not bad for a race bike set up for the street but it shows by how finicky it is...RSVR are not anywhere near as fast as a jap 4cyl. I always wanted a R1  :drool5: but that's alot of bike...kinda scares me thinking what I'd do with a bike like that...never cared for the busa's...kinda ugly. But kind off the jeep of jap bikes. What can't you get for one? Well hope you get another bike soon...   

skip68

The R1 never felt stable to me.  :rotz:  It had good power but I never cared for the feel.  I tell you the best bike I ever owned was a '01 ZX9R.  :yesnod:  It was not as powerfull as the others but man did I love that bike.  It had the best feel out of all the bikes I've had and I regret selling it.  I'll get my wife to post a few pics tomarrow of me with some of the bikes.   
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

captnsim

Quote from: 2much2learn on February 09, 2009, 12:25:28 AM
my cousin goes to track days down here in MSR houston in his 07 R6 raven and my cousin in law as well in his 08 R1, i want too sooo bad but cant because A:dont know how to ride  :-\  and B: most importantly i dont have the $$$ for a bike right now. :'(
Never to late to learn and start saving. You'll get their before you know it!! :2thumbs: Any pics of your cousin racing or his bikes??

TiMopar

Nice bike Capt, bet it sounds wicked too! I have a 98 R1, which is my daily commuter. Had it 4 years now, before that I had a Kawasaki ZZR1100, which I loved too.

Sublime/Sixpack

Quote from: captnsim on February 09, 2009, 12:23:30 AM
1984 Honda VF500F Interceptor
1986 Yamama TT225

lisiecki1

06 Kawasaki ZX10R - Ebony Black...RnR Customs full exhaust, Rearset raisers, power commander PCIII usb, 1/5 throttle, BMC race filter, GI Pro, pirelli diablo corsa III's, braided stainless brake lines, Scotts steering damper, puig double bubble/dark smoke, frame sliders (manufacturer omitted due to displeasure), solo cowl, flat black accents, red underbody led's, RnR Customs hugger, aux. fan switch.......and that's about it.......i'll have better pictures when i get home
Remember the average response time to a 911 call is over 4 minutes.

The average response time of a 357 magnum is 1400 FPS.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,52527.0.html

speedfreak68

lisiecki1

couple more pics.....
Remember the average response time to a 911 call is over 4 minutes.

The average response time of a 357 magnum is 1400 FPS.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,52527.0.html

bakerhillpins

Quote from: Sublime/Sixpack on February 09, 2009, 08:56:05 AM
1986 Yamama TT225

My first was an 86 VF500. Fun bike. The frame flex on the bumpy roads up here in NH was always good for some pucker factor!
I ride a 96 VFR750 now. In the non snow/mud months it is my primary mode of transport. Lots of fun!  :2thumbs: :coolgleamA:

One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

captnsim

Quote from: TiMopar on February 09, 2009, 07:13:44 AM
Nice bike Capt, bet it sounds wicked too! I have a 98 R1, which is my daily commuter. Had it 4 years now, before that I had a Kawasaki ZZR1100, which I loved too.
I had a old 1000 ninja 1991 I think. You can see it behind the 944..First bike to make my legs shake when I got off of it...I was so wound up I almost fell down...Been hooked ever since...Nice R1 love the race scheme you got going.

captnsim

Roads in Maine are nasty to. cool bike :2thumbs:

Charger_Fan

Tell me about frame flex...I ain't skeerd, though. :D

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

captnsim

V-max  :mcride:...I wanted one of those so bad in high school. I think it's safe to say I'm here still cause I never got one back then...Nice bike  :2thumbs:...great storage spot to!!! :yesnod:

Sublime/Sixpack

Quote from: bakerhillpins on February 09, 2009, 12:46:53 PM
Quote from: Sublime/Sixpack on February 09, 2009, 08:56:05 AM
1986 Yamama TT225

My first was an 86 VF500. Fun bike. The frame flex on the bumpy roads up here in NH was always good for some pucker factor!
I ride a 96 VFR750 now. In the non snow/mud months it is my primary mode of transport. Lots of fun!  :2thumbs: :coolgleamA:

I never noticed frame flex on my VF500 but I only rode it hard on smooth surfaces.  Compared to the Gold Wing and Harley Sportster I had when I bought the VF500 new, it felt rock solid! The Gold Wing was great for the open highway, and I even though I enjoyed the Sportster, it handled sort of like it had a hinge in the middle.

captnsim

Yeah I had a old iron head sporty...I think I had it all of a month...Biggest pos I've ever owned. What ever wasn't leaking was falling off of it...One other thing. This bike had a right hand shift...I was constantly stomping the shifter to stop :slap: needless to say this didn't have the desired affect :o

Charger_Fan

Quote from: captnsim on February 09, 2009, 05:51:14 PM
Yeah I had a old iron head sporty...I think I had it all of a month...Biggest pos I've ever owned. What ever wasn't leaking was falling off of it...One other thing. This bike had a right hand shift...I was constantly stomping the shifter to stop :slap: needless to say this didn't have the desired affect :o
I'm sure those tires didn't help matters any, either. :icon_smile_tongue:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

captnsim

Tires, I think someone swapped them from a model T...Plus this is the only bike that I've heard the forks grind when you push on them...Look at the marks above the dust seals...Needless to say I avoided using the front brakes!!