News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone else ride bikes here???

Started by captnsim, February 08, 2009, 10:04:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SFRT

I call it Rolling Blunder. spent the last couple of days trying to get the damn brand new fancy pants oil pump to not leak. I really need to get it done by Saturday.
Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SFRT

Always Drive Responsibly

captnsim

WOW that came out really sick...  :2thumbs:   

BMOTOXSTAR

Quote from: Chad on August 05, 2009, 11:43:35 AM
Vroom Vroom party starter

Not mine, but same bikes

1969 Honda 50 / Mountain Bike

I think my buddy has one of these for sale.
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

Daytona R/T SE

ZSmithersCharges

Yea I ride an 06 Busa... I find it entertaining  :icon_smile_big:

JohnnyBee

This is me (1971) on my 1st Mini Bike, a Rupp Scrambler. This is what started it all for me.

I dig the boots and PEACE pants too.

captnsim

That's a wild pic Johnybee. Thanks for sharing  :coolgleamA:

If that's what got you started...where'd you end up? 

JohnnyBee

Quote from: captnsim on September 07, 2009, 08:42:11 PM
That's a wild pic Johnybee. Thanks for sharing  :coolgleamA:

If that's what got you started...where'd you end up? 

My best lap time at Daytona was 1:57:10 (the older track layout)
Best finish 6th at Miami Homestead

elacruze

Geez, motorcycles are responsible for 20 of the 30 years my Charger sat unused.

I flattracked and roadraced just about everything. The most fun bike I ever had was a 1982 H-D FXR, rubber mounted Shovelhead. I stuck in a 96" stroker kit and my friend Ron Hamp ( http://ronhamp.com ) did a secret squirrel head job on it for me. The only thing on the outside that wasn't stock was the S&S cylinders and Super D carb, and the home-made header. It was a killer! I'd go to the street races and find a cocky Jap bike rider. It was of course traditional to give the H-Ds a head start-I'd just tell them "I don't need much, you just go when you see me move". Most guys didn't realize that is at least a half second, and my FXR would run 11.50 in street trim. They had to be able to run better than 11sec flat on the street to get by me-not many did. I've attached the dyno sheet, it got a little better even after this. ( http://www.rollingthunderdyno.com/bigdogs/over100hp/lacruze.html )
My current ride is an '85 Moto Guzzi LeMans, all the soul of a H-D but with far more electrical problems  :RantExplode:
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

SFRT

just finisged painting a set of Sportster tins for Harley=Davidsons new promo campaign: The bike will be shown in NYC next month.

Always Drive Responsibly

BMOTOXSTAR

73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

bigred68

Sad. Another American (Icon?) company gone.
http://www.buell.com/en_us/
no cheers.

ZSmithersCharges

Quote from: bigred68 on October 16, 2009, 02:14:14 PM
Sad. Another American (Icon?) company gone.
http://www.buell.com/en_us/
no cheers.
Link to Erik Buell message to dealers/customers and overall farewell.
http://www.buell.com/en_us/company/

To bigred68:
Thats shocking, I hadn't heard about that  :rotz: I always wanted a Buell, I guess I'll never have one now.

HITMAN 149

2001 HARLEY-FLHTC..... chopped down & hot rodded up!!! hahaha
bought it brand new in 01... have a lil over 17K mi on it now.... and mucho $$$$$ lol and stillllll plenty to do!! as always!!!
my next 2 wheel toy i want is an american ironhorse texas chopper!!! mua hahahaha
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

jc_is_the_man

Alot of sweet bikes in this thread.

I'm going to be picking up my first bike around christmas time. I'm still torn between a gixxer or a bobber. Riding my uncles bikes made me fall in love with the gsx-r's but I love the bad ass factors of custom stuff. I actually even messed around with the idea of picking up an xs650 or bike of that sort and building my own bike over the winter.

This is what the overall stance/look I'd be going for would look like.

But I've never really toyed aorund with bikes so I plan on doing alot of reading/researching before I make my decision.

ZSmithersCharges

Quote from: jc_is_the_man on October 18, 2009, 11:28:10 AM
Alot of sweet bikes in this thread.

I'm going to be picking up my first bike around christmas time. I'm still torn between a gixxer or a bobber. Riding my uncles bikes made me fall in love with the gsx-r's but I love the bad ass factors of custom stuff. I actually even messed around with the idea of picking up an xs650 or bike of that sort and building my own bike over the winter.

This is what the overall stance/look I'd be going for would look like.

But I've never really toyed aorund with bikes so I plan on doing alot of reading/researching before I make my decision.

I ride a gixxer, that bike in your pic is sweet as hell I'd ride that any day.  You wont be offending anyone if you choose that over a gixxer  :2thumbs:

jc_is_the_man

What size bike do you ride?

This one is going to be first bike. I feel I can handle a 600 real well, but a 1000 seems like way too much for me right now. I've never rode a 750 but imagine that would be a good split between the two. I think I might end up sticking with a 600 though if I go the sport bike route.

lisiecki1

anyone that tells you a modern 600 supersport isn't enough bike for a beginner is either (A) a liar or (B) trying to get you killed....

If it's a first bike get a ninja 250 and take MSF, do some trackdays, learn how to ride it (NOT how to operate it, how to RIDE it), I've seen guys on ninja 250's destroy 1000's at the track by the way....then get a 600 supersport.  :Twocents:

FWIW I ride a 2006 zx10....if I didn't have over 15 years of experience on a bike I'd probably be dead from that thing......
Remember the average response time to a 911 call is over 4 minutes.

The average response time of a 357 magnum is 1400 FPS.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,52527.0.html

jc_is_the_man

Quote from: lisiecki1 on October 19, 2009, 04:34:47 PM
anyone that tells you a modern 600 supersport isn't enough bike for a beginner is either (A) a liar or (B) trying to get you killed....

If it's a first bike get a ninja 250 and take MSF, do some trackdays, learn how to ride it (NOT how to operate it, how to RIDE it), I've seen guys on ninja 250's destroy 1000's at the track by the way....then get a 600 supersport.  :Twocents:

FWIW I ride a 2006 zx10....if I didn't have over 15 years of experience on a bike I'd probably be dead from that thing......

That seems to be the general answer when talking about what to get for a first bike. And is another reason why I thought the bobber might be a better choice for a first bike.

lisiecki1

that really depends on what kind of riding you intend to do the majority of the time.....
Remember the average response time to a 911 call is over 4 minutes.

The average response time of a 357 magnum is 1400 FPS.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,52527.0.html

ZSmithersCharges

Quote from: jc_is_the_man on October 19, 2009, 04:30:21 PM
What size bike do you ride?

This one is going to be first bike. I feel I can handle a 600 real well, but a 1000 seems like way too much for me right now. I've never rode a 750 but imagine that would be a good split between the two. I think I might end up sticking with a 600 though if I go the sport bike route.

I ride a 1300 definitely not something you want to start out on but once you've been around bikes for a little I'll let you ride it  :2thumbs: Just kidding I don't let anyone ride it, if anyone is going to kill themself on this bike its going to be me  :icon_smile_big:

A lot of people say you grow out of 600's too fast after you have been riding them but thats really not the case.  You grow out of any bike fast riding it down the same old roads doing the same old things take it to the track.  It was said perfectly in the post above I really dont have anything to  add.

I will say a 600 is a good starting bike I mean they're all fast nowadays so like anything in life, take it slow and live to ride another day.

Tom Q

Yup, been riding since 1975...currently I ride 10,000 miles a year

Charger_Fan

Dang, I've always wanted to ride the Dragon!
Maybe I'm missing a thread (cuz I've been missing a LOT lately?)?? Don't answer that.
Troy, didi I miss yours here? ;)
Okay, so for me...I actually parked my Aquamax (yes, there's a story behind the name) in August '05...

Due to a few life issues getting in the road & a severly broken "Give-a Damn", it spent more than a few years looking like this (Yes, this is indoors in a spare bedroom). ;D

In '09 I landed a low mile 2007 heart transplant for my tired bike. But this was all my "give-a-damn" was capable of at the time.

However, last May I finally kicked myself in the ass & set on the (rather expensive) road to bring my Aquamax back to life.
This was the morning of June 29th 2013, when after 8 long years, the Aquamax started to look like a bike again...

A few "bling" things as it went, aftermarket "racing" radiator & chrome grille.

Custom engine breather bracket made by yours truly (from the stainless back of a 70's Ford truck mirror), cut, drilled, bent & polished to hold the center breather & hide some wiring. It looks better than my crappy fuzzy pic.

Rolling out to the front porch for the moment of truth. (That ramp to the left is to get it off the porch later)

It's ALIVE!! Although it puked gas & set off my fire alarm :no: My bad, I left the door open. ::)

There are some carb issues to work out (I didn't get my stinkin' idle circuit cleaned well enough) and some LED t/s gremlins, but as of last Saturday, this is the first time I have taken this baby into the sunlight in EIGHT long years!! 

Carb issues aside, I discovered that this animal will STILL flatten my eyeballs at WOT! hehe  :icon_smile_big: Also, to the untrained Vmax eye, all will probably look like business as usual...but to the discerning Vmax fan, behold! :icon_smile_big:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Charger_Fan

So this is me going through my carbs again today to clean up my stinkin' idle jets...yes this is my kitchen, and yes it smells like gas in here & NO there's no female to complain for at least 100 yards. ;)  hehe As much of a PITA as it is to get these carbs apart, it still probably is better than the nagging  :icon_smile_big: I apologize to you members of the female persuation, :) (crap, I spelled that wrong, I just know it). 
Anyhoo, I really thought I had them the first pass, but alas...the crap gas we sheeple are willing buy these days has a low like no other in history. (GROAN)

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)