News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone else ride bikes here???

Started by captnsim, February 08, 2009, 10:04:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

472 R/T SE

Early 90's I was on the interstate up north between the bay area and Sacramento.  There's like 6 or so + lanes and it's midnight or so.  I hear on the CB of a motorcycle hauling ass, look in the mirror and that fast it was by me.  I remember a chick on back and her coat was horizontal.

All of a sudden brake lights.  They had ran into the back of a car and were going so fast it catapulted them over the front of the car.  I was over in the slow lane and was beside them as their arms and legs are flailing all over the place, it was two bodies skidding with the motorcycle on it's side right behind them.  The other traffic was doing 70 or so and they were thrown ahead of that so you know it was 100 + mph.

I bailed off at the nearest truck parking spot for the night with an upset stomach.  One of those past experiences that stays with you forever.  I bought the local paper the next morning to see if they lived, no mention of it but it was suffice to say I highly doubt they made it.

bull

Quote from: Charger_Fan on February 09, 2009, 02:41:48 PM
Tell me about frame flex...I ain't skeerd, though. :D

Yea, that's what I'd like to get ^^^^^^ someday.

Or one of these:

Or one of these:

captnsim

I always liked those Magna's...Shadows too. Never did much research on those Fazer FZ6/1's but they do look nice.

moparstuart

this is the only bike I will ever ride  :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

captnsim

NYCMille

OOOOOOOOhhhhh... a Mille fan, i thought I was the only one... and yes... I do ride.  :2thumbs:

captnsim

Charger_Fan

Quote from: bull on February 10, 2009, 09:36:36 PM

Or one of these:

Bull, do yourself a favor & stay away from that era of Magna. They look good, but MAN...they are the most ill handling bike I've ever been on! The riding position is completely wrong & the frame is too wimpy for the amount of power they have.
The old V-maxes are not known as having stellar handling either, but those Magna's just plain suck.

This bike right here, will be my next bike :drool5: 1700 CC's & 40% more horsepower...burnouts in most any gear, just by whacking the throttle...no clutch. :icon_smile_cool: Just have to wait a year or two, so I can get one at a halfway reasonable price. The stinkin' things are $17,900 new. :o
Oh & these actually HANDLE too, which is almost the bestest part. :icon_smile_big:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

NYCMille

captnsim

Quote from: NYCMille on February 11, 2009, 02:08:13 PM
Yep... that's me.  :cheers:
Sick...Is that a 01 RSV? Do you do alot of track days?

Charger_fan...Thats one hot looking package...I'd give 18k for the pair :D 

NYCMille

Used to... not so much anymore though. I've had everything from a Ducati 996 to the Mille to an MZ  Baghira supermoto... to date though the Mille is BY FAR the best bike I've ever owned.

captnsim

Quote from: NYCMille on February 11, 2009, 06:04:10 PM
Used to... not so much anymore though. I've had everything from a Ducati 996 to the Mille to an MZ  Baghira supermoto... to date though the Mille is BY FAR the best bike I've ever owned.
Never rode a Ducati...someday maybe. I'm pretty hooked on my mille. I'd hate to make her jealous with another Italian beauty around.

472 R/T SE

Neighbor across the street is a racing instructor and has a Ducati and there's a few folks around us with Harleys'.  There's no mistaking the sound of those two.  I don't think I've ever heard any thing sound like a Ducati. 

JoeyGowdy

My 1980 and 2001 Harley-Davidson's... sold both a couple months ago  :'(
Sincerely, Joey Paul Gowdy

bull

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on February 11, 2009, 09:13:30 PM
Neighbor across the street is a racing instructor and has a Ducati and there's a few folks around us with Harleys'.  There's no mistaking the sound of those two.  I don't think I've ever heard any thing sound like a Ducati. 

Ducatis are cool, but too much $$$$$$$$$

500hp_440

I have a 250 ninja  :eek2: I try to change gears at about 9-11k rpms there so short I've gone through 4 in 1 intersection
I'm trying to sell a vibe to buy a 750 GSXR  :drool5:
I try to ride everyday after school, just too much fun to be cheap and efficiant.
Cops are busting our balls though, my freind got pulled over because he stood up on his pegs! I took the class in october and they said todo that over bumps and stuff, I don't care if they pull me over I still stand up over that stuff.
Let it alone^.

captnsim

Love that old glide...Old school...Nice bagger too. :2thumbs:

Yeah Bull those Ducks are pricey...

500hp_440  A 250 is a great starter bike...but you do out grow them quick!!! 750 GSXR's are alot of bike...I'd put some sliders on it if you get one :2thumbs:

1969chargerrtse

My first car was a bike. I used to drive it in the snow to go to work as a kid.  A Honda C110 50 that I had registered and drove on the highway with a top speed of 40, when I was 16 in 1972.  I have had a bike ever since ( 35 years ) until last year when for the first time I sold my ( Honda 550/4 )  to help fund the engine restoration for my charger.  I have 3 kids including a needy 5 year old, so I think that's it for me for bikes.  Mommy wants to make sure Daddy is alive and well.  My brother in law got very hurt last year fooling around on his bike and he fell while spinning the tires and had serious head injuries.  They were at the 1 year anniversary of a friend that past away from his bike accident last year.  My cousin lost his leg when he crashed his bike also.   I think I'll just stick to my Charger for a while.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

captnsim

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on February 12, 2009, 06:44:06 AM
My first car was a bike. I used to drive it in the snow to go to work as a kid.  A Honda C110 50 that I had registered and drove on the highway with a top speed of 40, when I was 16 in 1972.  I have had a bike ever since ( 35 years ) until last year when for the first time I sold my ( Honda 550/4 )  to help fund the engine restoration for my charger.  I have 3 kids including a needy 5 year old, so I think that's it for me for bikes.  Mommy wants to make sure Daddy is alive and well.  My brother in law got very hurt last year fooling around on his bike and he fell while spinning the tires and had serious head injuries.  They were at the 1 year anniversary of a friend that past away from his bike accident last year.  My cousin lost his leg when he crashed his bike also.   I think I'll just stick to my Charger for a while.
Sorry to hear about all those accidents and serious injuries. :'( I watched a Friend of mine bounce his head off the tarmac...Caused by spinning his tire...I never got into doing burnouts, Wheelies and going fast. Not any safer but you don't have that sudden grip factor  :o

500hp_440

Someone tell me, I went around 2 corners 1 was a bit too fast I changed gears and the back tire skipped a few inches to the side, which almost put me into the side of a Nissan, and today I went around a coner half way through I let off the clutch and the back tire squealed, but because I was leaning it just threw me right up out of the turn, why am I squealing/ bouncing my back tire?? I've never done it on purpose so how can I keep from doing it again? :shruggy:
Let it alone^.

SFRT

I have

a 2001 Ducati 996
a 2004 Ducati 749
a no year HD Shovelhead Bobber
a 57 Panhead chopper

and a KTM 450EXC enduro bike.

love em all.
Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

captnsim

500hp_440...Your down shifting to many gears, or going to fast when you down shift. Some new bikes come with a "slipper clutch" that prevents this. Also your 250 is very light so more prone to this. One more thing...You should be keeping even throttle through out you corner...When you let off you unload you suspension not a good thing.

SFRT...What can I say but  :drool5: Got any pics??? :cheers:  

skip68

I know, I know, I should post pics to BUT,  Hows a bout some pics SFRT. ?   :cheers:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

SFRT

I have a slipper clutch on the 749. it rules. you can not lock that sucker up.

I'll take some pix tommorrow........

as for the ducati=$$$$$$....the secret is buy them used. lotta rich guys get em new, never ride them then trade em in on the latest one.. I got my PRISTINE 996 with less than 2000 miles on it for 7 grand. thats like 10 grand less than new, in 2004.
Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us