News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Daytona pop up head lights

Started by 70 sublime, June 01, 2018, 10:40:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

70 sublime

Does any one have any pictures of the parts inside the nose cone that make the head lights open and shut ?
These are the next bits I need to round up for my project

What does the hinge part look like and where abouts does it mount ?
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

moparstuart

not really a hinge  its a  Pivot  and then the big bucket behind   
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

kevs1969daytona

Asked that question at Stinger they said a 4 inch acuator will work

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4ZCbxSQm2A

DAY CLONA

Quote from: 70 sublime on June 01, 2018, 10:40:13 AM
Does any one have any pictures of the parts inside the nose cone that make the head lights open and shut ?
These are the next bits I need to round up for my project

What does the hinge part look like and where abouts does it mount ?

As I've said for many years, don't waste your time with the fiberglass buckets/pivots if your looking for long term reliability and consistent function, spend the money for steel components in this area, you could retrofit the linear activators instead of the factory style vacuum pod, you'll need to engineer and fabricate the necessary brackets/linkage/bell cranks to achieve the desired travel, the linear lifts are more stable to avoid the bounce at night time driving that is associated with the factory vacuum set up if done properly

Here's some pics to help with your research

Mike...

70 sublime

I like the way the vacuum opens the 69 Charger doors one side then the other
Gives it a little character
I would like to use vacuum on the Daytona doors for the same reason

Thanks for the pictures
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

XS29L9B2

dodge charger 440 R/T match
dodge charger 70 projet daytona

kevs1969daytona

Me 3,  not too sure what we can do, my bucket are fiberglass.  Wish there was a kit, they sell every other part of the front cone  :shruggy:

chargervert

I bought a pair of headlight buckets and pivot brackets last year at Carlisle They were steel reproductions from Rick Fairless. Nice pieces,but they cost $1200.00.