News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 Charger grille "I" trim removal - how to?

Started by A34, February 16, 2009, 09:09:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A34

Hey Guys, 

What the best way to remove the "I" trim from the grille of a Charger? I have a couple of grilles that I'd like to remove the part in one piece and have redone.

Thanks !
Looking for NOS parts for 69 Charger - whatcha got?
God Bless America, Our Troops and Their Families !
Deo Vindice

Shakey

It's been a while but I believe you will need to remove all of the surrounding trim and then undo the speed nuts behind the I-piece.

A34

Thanks, I have not looked at how the other trim is attached. Does it use speed nuts too?
Deo Vindice

Hemidog

Quote from: A34 on February 17, 2009, 11:05:54 PM
Thanks, I have not looked at how the other trim is attached. Does it use speed nuts too?
Yup, and they are most likely rusty  ;D

y3chargerrt

A34

Thanks fellas. Mines been in the attic of my garage about 15 years, but I'm sure it'll need some coaxing.
Deo Vindice

A34

Well, after messing around for a couple of hours hunched over in the attic with a drop light, I can't get to the last 2 nuts. At the top of the grille, closest to the vertical part on either side are 2 nuts. What do I need to remove to get to those last two?

Thanks !
Deo Vindice