News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

such thing as a 1969 F3 Daytona?

Started by THE CHARGER PUNK, November 07, 2005, 03:29:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

THE CHARGER PUNK

did 69 daytonas come in F3 green???-MATT

Just 6T9 CHGR

I would assume they could have.  Its not a color especially geared to a wingcar IMHO though
None in my registry as of yet.
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

hemigeno

To my knowledge, you could get a Daytona in any color available (available for a Charger, that is) at the time the cars went down the line at Hamtramck.   That includes all the 1969 High-Impact Paint colors offered in the spring of '69 too, which were not available when the 500's were built.   I suspect a Special Order color (99) could have been ordered as well.

Superbirds were limited in what colors were available (compared to a regular Runner), although there are documented cases of "non-available" colors being built.

That doesn't mean a Daytona was made in each available color.   I'm sure there are some less popular colors that were never selected, plus I have heard that no Daytona was ever factory painted in Corporate (Petty) Blue, since he was a Plymouth driver at the time.

Danny (69_500) might have pics in his archives of a F3 Daytona - he and/or his dad have seen about everything...     :P

Geno

Brock Samson

2fast4u

I forget....what does F3 look like again?   ???
DODGE CHARGER--Fuel for Living!

Just 6T9 CHGR

Like this....... in order

1. F3
2. F5
3. F6
4. F8
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

69_500

F3 green Daytona. Hmmm, i'll do some digging in the pictures today and see. I know of a few 500's in F3 green, one of them being and SE that is going through a restoration. I personally don't care too much for F3 as it has a silverish tint to it unless its in the sunlight.

69_500

Just another side note, but I was looking at the color breakdown I have of cars that have been seen at shows. And I'm showing that over the years i've run accross 2 F3 green daytona's. So yes they are out there. Also I believe that there was 1 999 paint code Daytona. I don't recall what color it was painted but there was a report of 1 Daytona having the 999 paint code on the tag.

hemigeno

Quote from: Stratocharger on November 07, 2005, 07:33:34 PM
http://www.cottonowens.com/images/photos/big_pics/200mphrun7.gif

the testing car,.. Corp. Blue..   ;)

The #88 may have been a "corporate" car, but I had always heard the term Corporate Blue associated with Petty Blue.   The #88 is not Petty Blue, but I'll grant you that it could technically be Corporate Blue...   That's a matter of terminology / semantics...

:scratchchin:

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: 69_500 on November 08, 2005, 08:50:46 AM
F3 green Daytona. Hmmm, i'll do some digging in the pictures today and see. I know of a few 500's in F3 green, one of them being and SE that is going through a restoration. I personally don't care too much for F3 as it has a silverish tint to it unless its in the sunlight.

:iagree:   look at the hood in the first pic to see what he is talking about.......
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Old Moparz

Chris,

That F6 Charger looks really nice, I like that one. I think I've seen the color on Super Bees a lot more than Chargers though. Thanks for the comparison pics.

Bob
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Shakey

Here is another F6 I found on the net some time ago!

Charger_Fan

Damn...that's a lotta GREEN! :sick:

:icon_smile_big:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

JimShine

The metallic content in the F3 is also very fine. It almost looks like a silver/green pearl rather than a light green metallic. I noticed that the paint changed a bit in exposed areas too. My '69 was very silver looking where it was exposed to UV's. The areas under bthe door pads and under the carpet had a little more green in the color, so they obviously faded to some degree.

PocketThunder

F6 =  :puke:

If my car was F6 i'd shave its a$$ and teach it to walk backwards..... :icon_smile_blackeye:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

hemigeno

Quote from: PocketThunder on November 08, 2005, 01:40:18 PM
F6 =   :puke:

If my car was F6 i'd shave its a$$ and teach it to walk backwards..... :icon_smile_blackeye:

Don't let Shakey read this then!!!   :slap:

Personally, I like F6 better than F8.  I can say that though, because my R/T is an F8 car.

Shakey

How is your car comin' along anyway?   Any idea when it will be on the road?   :icon_smile_big:

PocketThunder

Quote from: hemigeno on November 08, 2005, 01:49:36 PM
F6 =  :puke:

Don't let Shakey read this then!!!   :slap:

Personally, I like F6 better than F8.  I can say that though, because my R/T is an F8 car.

And you got away with a color change?

Quote from: Shakey on November 08, 2005, 01:50:38 PM

How is your car comin' along anyway?   Any idea when it will be on the road?   :icon_smile_big:

I got my trailer at my house now and i'm going to take the 68 into Maaco this weekend.  They said they can start right away!  So thats my progress. 
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Just 6T9 CHGR

I like F6 myself better than F8

Check my buddy John's F6 Daytona  :)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

hemigeno

Quote from: PocketThunder on November 08, 2005, 01:52:18 PM

And you got away with a color change?

"Got away with" is a relative term.   My car was already painted V2 when I bought it, and a previous owner had painted it R4 before that.   So it has worn 3 different colors of paint in its lifetime counting F8.

My wife told me if I ever repainted the car, I could paint it V2, R4, or B5... she said she wouldn't ride in it if it was F8.   I'm still wondering if there's a downside to that...    :P  

There are always a few people who look at the fender tag, and then *sniff* and walk away.   There are relatively few people who have that kind of reaction, thankfully.   For the most part, I've heard that if you change a car's color to a more desirable color, you really don't hurt its value (as long as the color change is nicely done / complete).   If it wasn't for Hazzard County, I'd love to keep it V2.   I'm thinking of putting it back to R4 though, so it would match the Daytona.   It was that color before, so there's already some history.   Seeing 69Hemi's resto has made me rethink F8, and if my wife agreed, I would consider that just for the authenticity.   But I still like F6 better than F8.

[/thread hijack]

Brock Samson

Quote from: hemigeno on November 08, 2005, 09:28:03 AM
Quote from: Stratocharger on November 07, 2005, 07:33:34 PM
http://www.cottonowens.com/images/photos/big_pics/200mphrun7.gif

the testing car,.. Corp. Blue..   ;)

The #88 may have been a "corporate" car, but I had always heard the term Corporate Blue associated with Petty Blue.   The #88 is not Petty Blue, but I'll grant you that it could technically be Corporate Blue...   That's a matter of terminology / semantics...

:scratchchin:

I read a story about "Petty Blue" where he had two cans of paint, one white, and one blue, neither was enuff to paint the car however both togeather did the job...  ;D

ChargerBill

Well if THIS car isn't stunning I don't know what is!:

I absolutely LOVE how those Rally wheels look on the '69...I don't think I've ever seen one like that before.

Hey Chris, do you have any more pics of that F6 Daytons...maybe with the hood down?
Life is a highway...

THE CHARGER PUNK

chris's car had rallyes on it 4 a lil while-MATT

ChargerBill

Quote from: F8 69 CHARGER PUNK on November 09, 2005, 10:56:04 AM
chris's car had rallyes on it 4 a lil while-MATT

OK, once again...useless without pictures!!

Chris, anyone...F6 pics, rally wheels on '69's? A little help please.... :D
Life is a highway...

Just 6T9 CHGR

Would you believe I only have 1 crappy pic of his car with the hood closed?   All the rest are open shots :flame:

I threw the white with the red interior & wing in there just because...;)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T