News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The Superbird wing is now on my 69 Roadrunner (with pics)

Started by hotrod98, March 09, 2009, 05:50:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hotrod98

Quote from: mauve66 on March 14, 2009, 04:53:25 PM
Quote from: hotrod98 on March 14, 2009, 02:24:28 PM
What the heck have I started and where does it end?  ;D

does it have a HEMI in it yet??? :scratchchin: :scratchchin:

I already did the hemi thing with my wife's 70 Challenger convertible. We sold it to build our new body shop a couple of years ago. I have a few hemi parts still, but I don't get into the hemi stuff the way that I used to. I can build three 440's for the price of one hemi. I want to keep the 383 in the runner since it's a 383 car. I just built this 383 motor in 2007 so it doesn't have too many miles on it. It starts fast and runs great, so no complaints.

The Daytona clone has a 440 and my wife's Superbird clone will have a 440. In fact, we just picked it up this morning. We found a complete running HP 440 and 727 that a guy had mounted to a truck frame. Had a new Holley 750 on it.  He started it up and it ran so smooth and with no smoke whatsoever. It had 70 lbs of oil pressure. The truck frame that he had it mounted to had a 8 3/4 with a 489 case suregrip 3:23. I bought it all...cheap. Loaded it up on the trailer and brought it home. I've already traded the truck housing and axles for a 68 b-body housing and axles.

Since I have a complete driveline for the car, I'm going to save the 5.7 hemi driveline that we had planned to use for one of my cudas.
My future project plans tend to get long and complicated sometimes.  ::)

Here's a pic of the hemi in the Challenger convert.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams