News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

c500 on e-bay

Started by BPTRacing, March 12, 2009, 11:23:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

talkiemopar

talkiemopar

I do have the sheet for THAT HEMI CAR

xs29j8Bullitt

Quote from: Charger Aficionado on March 13, 2009, 12:18:44 AM
I listed it for Rick.  Part of our "collaboration".  I am uploading the photos as we chat :) 

10 day auction.  Should be interesting.

It has been interesting... soooo, with a little over 3 days to go its at $12,100... any new predictions on the final sale price?  Also, will the auction end with a bidding flurry... or be ended early?

XS  :popcrn:
After 8 years of downsizing, whats left...
1968 Charger R/T, Automatic, 426 Hemi
1968 Polara 4Dr Sdn, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1968 Polara 4Dr HT, Automatic, 383
1969 Charger 500, 4 Speed, 440 Magnum
1969 Daytona, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1969 Road Runner, 4 Speed, 426 Hemi
1970 `Cuda, Automatic, 440-6BBL
1970 Challenger T/A, Automatic, 340 6 Pack
2004 Ram, Automatic, 5.7L Hemi
2009 Challenger SRT8, Automatic, 6.1L Hemi
<This Space Reserved for a 2016 Challenger SRT Hellcat, 8Sp Automatic,

moparstuart

Quote from: xs29j8Bullitt on March 19, 2009, 04:52:27 PM
Quote from: Charger Aficionado on March 13, 2009, 12:18:44 AM
I listed it for Rick.  Part of our "collaboration".  I am uploading the photos as we chat :) 

10 day auction.  Should be interesting.

It has been interesting... soooo, with a little over 3 days to go its at $12,100... any new predictions on the final sale price?  Also, will the auction end with a bidding flurry... or be ended early?

XS  :popcrn:
i'm thinking ended early .

this car really should sell for over 25k but it doesnt look like it will
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

gtx6970

I'll say it ends early and under 20K

I've seen the car up close and personal a LONG time ago,,,,,(  actually I think I drove it when Jim W owned it ) and it should have been done then. I even offered to do the bronze car in exchange for this one

moparstuart

Quote from: gtx6970 on March 19, 2009, 08:27:01 PM

I've seen the car up close and personal a LONG time ago,,,,, and it should have been done then I even offered to do the bronze car in exchange for this one
rick should take you up on that deal     :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

PocketThunder

I've seen the car up close and personal a LONG time ago,,,,, and it should have been done then I even offered to do the bronze car in exchange for this one

did you say you like Bronze cars?..??   :icon_smile_big:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

gtx6970

Quote from: PocketThunder on March 19, 2009, 08:37:33 PM

did you say you like Bronze cars?..??   :icon_smile_big:

Yea, I like bronze cars,,,,,  just don't like 4 spds

xs29j8Bullitt

Quote from: moparstuart on March 19, 2009, 08:08:09 PM
i'm thinking ended early .

I've seen the car up close and personal a LONG time ago,,,,,(  actually I think I drove it when Jim W owned it ) and it should have been done then. I even offered to do the bronze car in exchange for this one

I believe that it will end early too with no sale... I was surprised that it was listed without a reserve, but doubt the auction will end successfully. The auction is getting more interesting all the time......

XS

XS29J

BUYERS PREMIUM!!!  is that allowed on EBAY???

TERMS:

Your bid is a legal and binding agreement for purchase.  Buyer is responsible for all shipping charges.  There is no warranty expressed or implied on this classic vehicle.  There will be a buyer's premium of 3% charged on this auction that will also double as a deposit, but not count as subtracted from total bid.  Deposit is due within' 72 hours of the end of auction, and is non-refundable.  We can help arrange shipping but cannot load vehicle.  You should let your transport company know it is a rolling/steering body, but at this time does not start.  There is no guarantee this vehicle will run even though it is an original mile car (it has been sitting to long to assure that).  However; I have seen similar Chargers run after having engine flushed, but no guarantees whatsoever. 

mauve66

$12 grand and change for something that needs ALOT of work?? is it really worth

is a C500 really that rare and desirable?? no offense i'm asking a serious question here, i haven't looked at cars in a long time other than 1st gens, i've seen driveable/roadworthy hemi 1st gens go for $28-35 grand........... i guess the C500 i had a chance to buy in 1984 with cragars  for $5 grand in auto trader was right before things went through the roof, back then it was just a charger to me, i had no idea what a C500 was
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

xs29j8Bullitt

Quote from: mauve66 on March 20, 2009, 09:21:38 PM
$12 grand and change for something that needs ALOT of work?? is it really worth

is a C500 really that rare and desirable?? no offense i'm asking a serious question here, i haven't looked at cars in a long time other than 1st gens, i've seen driveable/roadworthy hemi 1st gens go for $28-35 grand........... i guess the C500 i had a chance to buy in 1984 with cragars  for $5 grand in auto trader was right before things went through the roof, back then it was just a charger to me, i had no idea what a C500 was

Even in today's buyer's market, $12K would be a bargain IMO.  BUT, I expect that Rick wants a lot more than that... more than today's market will allow.  That is why I expect the auction to end abruptly without a sale...

mauve66

with no reserve and bids already it can't end early can it?? unless he does the fake winner switch a roo
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

xs29j8Bullitt

Quote from: XS29J on March 20, 2009, 08:40:24 PM
BUYERS PREMIUM!!!  is that allowed on EBAY???

TERMS:

Your bid is a legal and binding agreement for purchase.  Buyer is responsible for all shipping charges.  There is no warranty expressed or implied on this classic vehicle.  There will be a buyer's premium of 3% charged on this auction that will also double as a deposit, but not count as subtracted from total bid.

I guess as long as it is stated in the auction ad...  :shruggy:  Probably should have been more prominently stated though...  :Twocents:

Jude answered a question about it:

xs29j8Bullitt

Quote from: mauve66 on March 20, 2009, 09:43:00 PM
with no reserve and bids already it can't end early can it?? unless he does the fake winner switch a roo

Technically no... but the "for sale locally" approach has often been used by other sellers as an out... it just so happens later that the pending sale falls through.  Maybe I am all wrong about it, but I do not believe Rick will allow the car to sell if the bidding stalls at $16K...

Then there is the matter of the "historical prototype" claim and the statement the broadcast sheet location was known for certain...  IF a bidder pays big $$$ based on those statements and later  :RantExplode: , the end of the auction might not be the end of the story.

Interesting indeed!  :popcrn:

maxwellwedge

Quote from: mauve66 on March 20, 2009, 09:43:00 PM

It can if he got a request to end the auction at a good offer. I have (ok I admit it) won stuff that way a couple of times.

nascarxx29

Question & Answer Answered On

Q:  Hi. Two questions. Is this Rick Edwards? If so, I'm Fred Bradley from Dayton, Oh. I owned the Bronze 69 500 {Real Rusty!} many years ago. Maybe you remember me? Anyway, I would love to have another one of these cars, but they're just getting out of reach money wise. Any chance that a 1967 GTX convertible would tempt you? That's a great car you've got there, I'll be following the auction. Thanks, Fred. Mar-20-09
A:   This is a friend of Rick's. He is not interested in trades as far as I know. 
Q:  can you explain the 3% charged to buyer and not deducted from the ending purchase price on final bid?  Mar-18-09
A:   x9daytonase, Say the car sells for $10,000 you will owe an extra $300 dollars. If it sells for $30,000 you will owe an additional $900. This is common practice at Barret Jackson ect (but they charge 5% I believe). This was an agreement between myself and the owner of the car. I re-connected him with a numbers matching engine to another aero car he owns and it cost me around $1,600 to do so. This is not negotiable. 
Q:  Aren´t the 69 500´s supposed to have XX29 at the first 4 digits of the vin??? Mar-18-09
A:   There are a handfull of them that are known not to have the XX VIN (rather the Charger R/T XS VIN instead). These are believed to be the first ones made.
Q:  the grill is out of a 68 coronet bob Mar-17-09
A:   Yes, 4Chevelle. The '68 Coronet 440 also in rare instances supplied the Wide Sill Mouldings as well. They were different than regular Charger since they had deep ribs cut into them. 
Q:  How are the floor pans and truck floors in the car? Also, how did the fender tag get damaged? Thanks.... Chris Mar-13-09
A:   You can see the bottom of the floor and trunk pans in the photos of the bottom of car. I'm sorry; When I took the photos it was dark and I didn't notice the mat was there in trunk. They are all very solid. The fender tag was out of vehicle for years, and must have been stored in a damp environment (it did rust). 
Q:  Hello, looks like some other charger parts in the background. Do you want to sell any other charger parts? I see a 69 grille on a shelf. Thanks Mar-13-09
A:   Maybe after auction.
Q:  Do you have a buy it now price or a local for sale price ? Thanks  Mar-13-09
A:   It is for sale locally. Just taking offers at this point.
Q:  does the car run at all? Mar-13-09
A:   No. It did run when parked however.
Q:  I would like to call and discuss the charger,please send me your number and a good time to call Mar-13-09
A:   972 815 7558 Anytime is fine. 

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

petercharger

with the market today...I will be surprised is the highest bid will be 15k....the Barrett jackson scene and all those big dollar buyers have made 15k look cheap these days..but really mopar where hobbies not investments...in some way nice to see the prices go down for now..who knows this may be the way it will be ...like the 50's cars have not the following the 60's do...will be interesting to see the final offer.. :popcrn:
best way to get a hold of me is brushcollege@msn.com...thanks

Charger Aficionado

Hey guys...  I had to end it early because of the errors I stated in the auction.  I've been on the road and made the ASSumption that it was one of the first made. I wonder how this XS slipped through..?  I think I'm gonna stop-by MoPars at the Strip on the way home and see if GTS has any records on car?  Well all in all it's been an adventure traveling to put my '70 together.  Met some really nice people, but it's time to get back to work in Dallas.  Rick was really great (taking me for a ride in the 6pack bird)!  It was awesome.  I'll post some pics soon.  At least he got his #'s engine back.  I took a risk on this car selling, and it didn't go so well.  BUT I do have alot of leads for Rick.  One guy who has a black and a red Daytona would like it to match his red Daytona (must be nice)...  I invited him on here, maybe he will show up?.. 

talkiemopar

Hello Guys - the secretary is back home - looks like a lot has gone on with regard to the charger!!!!! :brickwall: :shruggy: :pullinghair: 

I almost keeled over when I saw 'no reserve'  Can't leave the mouth alone for a minute that he doesn't 'insert foot in mouth' !  Sorry about the ad mistakes (we didn't have any input for the wording and info in the ad). We've been trying to get it off e-bay since Tuesday, when Rick talked to Jude, I suppose Jude was busy until today. 

I have been telling the 'mouth' that if he wanted me to put it on e-bay I'd first run it past you guys and for sure it would have been cleaned up with at least a little soap and water.  I guess while I was gone Jude got a little anxious to get started and little Rick only had about 6 hrs notice.  Now I do admit he is slooooooooow about most things  :lol: :lol: :lol: :ahum: :iamwithstupid:

Later,
Zee better half !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ghoste

So you'll never leave him alone again right?

PocketThunder

So talkie, what was the sale price of the car?  What would you have sold the car for?   :popcrn:   :popcrn:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

petercharger

believe that it was pulled because of market conditions and price... :yesnod: would have like to see what it would have gone for...much less then 2 years ago.. :Twocents: :Twocents:
best way to get a hold of me is brushcollege@msn.com...thanks

69_500

Hey Sherrie, so when you going to just pack the car up and tell me to come pick it up and bring it home here to Indy? I have a 3rd car garage side sitting empty, and the odds of filling it with a Daytona any time soon are slim to none. Another 500 wouldn't look so bad in the extra bay. And it would give me a reason to pester my dad into coming over and working on an old car.

gts95

So did this car sell outside of Ebay? Anybody pick this up?  :shruggy: