News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My V 10 Charger Project

Started by sardillim, March 15, 2009, 09:10:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mopar73

you are a way better man than I!! :yesnod:  Keep it up

sardillim

Back on the car this weekend.  The goal was to get the front section of the passengers floor installed.   I used the one piece floor from Auto Metal Direct and it fits very well. The contours and bends matched the existing car nicely with very little trimming.  I started by prepping the inner rocker panels by getting them back down to metal and covering them with a metal etching primer.  Then coating the welded surfaces with a weld through primer.  Inside the torsion bar cross member and the frame rails   were coated with a Por 15 rust paint.   This is probably a lot of over kill for a car that won't see any foul weather driving but better safe than sorry.    I had no choice but to remove the entire transmission tunnel to get the floor to fit around the massive Tremic trans and bell housing.  The next step will be to cover the trans with some metal and the start making a fire wall

mopar_nut_440_6

That is looking really good. Great work!!  :2thumbs:  :yesnod:
1968 Charger R/T 440 
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 680 HP Cummins with attitude

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

bk72

69*F5*SE

doitmopar

Mike DC

Looks like some really good work.  I wish I had your shop.

But that seemed like an unnecessarily-solid unibody to being hacking up for this.  The project was always gonna involve tossing the entire rear subframe, the passenger floors, the tranny crossmember, the firewall . . . seems like you could've saved yourself several thousand bucks on a rustier shell. 

FlatbackFanatic

WOW! what a project!! Looks great though. :2thumbs:
Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN

moparstuart

great project , this will be an amazing car   :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Khyron

Very sweet. What color combo are you going with?

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

sardillim

not sure on the color yet. Ive got about a dozen ideas I have to sort through

sardillim

Mike DC (formerly miked)
Old Timer

Re: My V 10 Charger Project
« Reply #32 on: Today at 01:22:36 AM » Quote 
Looks like some really good work.  I wish I had your shop.

But that seemed like an unnecessarily-solid unibody to being hacking up for this.  The project was always gonna involve tossing the entire rear subframe, the passenger floors, the tranny crossmember, the firewall . . . seems like you could've saved yourself several thousand bucks on a rustier shell. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  If you you live your life by one rule and one rule only let it be this one  " belive nothing you hear and only half of what you see"    the car looks fairly solid but was far from it

MTPOCKET

ChargerSG

You are doing a great job :2thumbs: its really gonna be intresting to follow the projekt :yesnod:
Looking for 383 Magnum #0B196875 and 0B115166

Lizey

if anyone else has seen this let me know but on carsinbarns.com or something like that i think i remember seeing a red 3rd gen with a V10...??
1977 Dodge Charger SE - Sold 4/18/15
2013 Chevrolet Camaro RS
1993 GMC K1500
1943 Farmall A

sardillim

Back on the car this weekend, unfortunately not for as long as I Had hoped.   Not much to show,  I finished spot welding in the main floor and installed  both rear seat foot wells.   Again I used panels from AMD and they fit perfectly.  The next step is to start to make a transmission tunnel and a firewall.

Lizey

new i saw it somewhere
moparts.org..
1977 Dodge Charger SE - Sold 4/18/15
2013 Chevrolet Camaro RS
1993 GMC K1500
1943 Farmall A

sardillim

Not much to show,  I am currently working on making the transmission tunnel, what you see in the pictures is two days worth of work.  This is slow going, lots of curves and contours.  More to follow soon

chargerman67

67 Dodge Charger 440
87 Toyota Supra 2.5L twin turbo (JDM)
95 Impala SS
97 BMW 528i

dont vote

mopar_nut_440_6

That is looking really good. Do you have a bender in your shop for those tunnel pieces? Any pics of it?
1968 Charger R/T 440 
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 680 HP Cummins with attitude

sardillim

A slip roller was used for these pieces, then a flangeing die on a bead roller.  My choices were a uni fit tunnel for about $200.00 or buy the tool for $800.00.   Cant have enough tools???

knitz01

Banana Wama

been there, 545rfe going into a 3rd gen, this is the point where I realized I needed about 3 more inches higher.