News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What's the easiest way to align a decklid on the 73?

Started by WH23G3G, March 16, 2009, 12:11:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WH23G3G

I've got the new trunk seal and inside of my 73's trunk detailed as much as I'm going to. I've had the decklid soda blasted and painted the underside the factory K6 bronze. Now I'm having some trouble getting it aligned. There isn't a procedure in the 73 body book for it. It's got to be easier than the doors. I've played with it for awhile and it closes and the back towards the window is pretty close but as it comes to the front near the bumper it's too high. There's only 4 bolts holding it and they all do something. I just can't tell what each one of them do. What brings the front edge of the decklid down? 

plum500

I think for the most part on my '71 I just got all the bolts snug enough to hold it steady, but not tight enough that I couldn't gently tap it this way and that to line things up once it was closed. Open carefully, slowly, and tighten it up. May have done this a couple/few times to get it within range, then do the final picky alignment.