News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Wing Support Hardware??

Started by CornDogsCharger, March 18, 2009, 08:38:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CornDogsCharger

I need your help again.  The 7/16" nuts and bolts that are used on the wing support..... what color is correct for them?  I'm really between a rock and a hard place on this one.  Here's why...

The blue car pictured here is an unrestored original car.  This hardware appears to be natural colored.

The orange car is a VERY nicely detailed resoration... one of the best that I've seen.  But a lot of the details on this car were taken from the blue car. 

Now... for the car that I am restoring.  Even though this car has been painted inside and out many times, most of the car had never been taken apart.  The supports on this car had never been removed.  If you look at the mating surface of the nuts and bolts, they appear to originally have been Black Oxide.  What is "factory original" correct?  Thanks for your help.

Justin
"CornDog"

1966 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Charger (DMCL Project)
1969 Dodge Charger (WB General Lee "GL#004")
1969 Dodge Super Bee

hemigeno

Can't help with any 'Bird pictures, but here's my untouched wing support bolt.  Looks black (phosphate?) to me.  maxwellwedge/Jim can chime in with some more input, as maybe his survivor 'Bird has arrived...

Hemi_tyme

From my Superbird before the restoration, black phosphate as Geno stated