News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

X

Started by dads_69, November 09, 2005, 03:53:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brock Samson

would you concider non-stock colors or,..  are you going the Bloomington Gold route?..  ;)

69_500

Of the color combinations you have listed I vote for R6 red with white tail stripe as long as the interior is going to be either red or black. If the interior is white, i'd say black tail stripe.

One of my dad's old Daytona's was R6 red, and its definately a rare color on a Daytona. Seeing as 75 of the Daytona's were R4 red, 72 of them were V2 orange, and only 6 were R6 red. Side note there was 43 F6 green Daytona's while only 10 F8 Daytona's. (note all these are cars that either me or my dad has seen over the years, not a definate production number, just amounts seen over the years at shows for winged cars)

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: B5 Charger on November 09, 2005, 12:12:26 PM
Torquois and white now that's something you don't see everyday. ;)
:iagree:

PS this is the same car that 1968 Charger B5 posted.

My friend Ed Cooks old car along with my friend John's F6
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

HeavyFuel

Gold, baby.   When has anyone seen a gold Daytona?

chargervert

I like the F6,with the white stripe!My Daytona clone is going to be Y2 with a black stripe,just like that yellow Daytona that is for sale on E Bay!Y2 was not my first choice,but it is the original color of the 69 Charger 500,that I am starting with,and the color kind of grew on me!Besides its different,I beleve only 28 were that color.

dayclona

Quote from: dads_69 on November 09, 2005, 03:53:38 AM
I am getting ready to roll my 69' charger back into the garage. Building a clone finailly! I'll try to make this short, being a bodyman/painter for over 20 years now, choice of ext. color baffles me sometimes. I have some black int. parts, and white upper door padding, rear seat is done black already, but that can be changed real quick to white. front buckets are bare right now thats why I mention black or white. I'm basically taking a poll for *what most mopar people notice* anytime day or night. I've had this car three years now and not done a lot with it but keep changing body colors. By June 7th 2006 I want to have the car close to being done, I'm just looking for what colors most like best and go from there. I'm the kind of guy who flips a quarter at the paint store and decides what color to paint his car remind you. I've done that before and I'll do it again   someday for sure! Just wanting some insite for now.
Thanks for your choices in the mean time.
My choices so far: And only these colors...
R6 red w/a wht t/s
R6 red w/a blk tail
Vit. C w/a blk tail
F8 w/a wht tail
I'm not saying your vote counts on what color the car ends up being, but then again, ya' never know?!
Thanks Mark
P.S. My Boss is an old mopar freak from the 70's, so making this charger I have now left over into a Daytona clone is best, this was his idea of finding out what mopar people like/want to see out there. We had a few brews, talked it over and here we go!

The R6 with white tail is nice, but overdone! You want a kick ass combo! Black with red tail, white interior, magnums with redline tires!,....any of the above color combo's you've chose, will look sharp!........but please no FM3, or piss yellows, these colors only make your car look lame!
:icon_smile_cool:

6pkrunner

Damn CF - this is one gorgeous combo on the '68

wetfeetmi

I am leaning toward Petty blue(I have a blue interior) with black stripe for my clone. I will use black steel wheels. Good luck with your project

69_500

Can someone please post a picture of all of these supposed R6 red Daytona's they have seen? I love that color and other than a handful I haven't ever seen R6 red on a Daytona. And I don't recall seeing any clones in R6 red either, everyone seems to go for R4.

hotrod98

Since you plan to have that car ready by June 2006, I must assume that you have already rounded up the parts for the transformation. I'm getting a little frustrated since it looks like there's no way that I can have all of the parts that I need anytime soon. I'm a bodyman/painter as well, but really would like to buy premium parts to reduce the amount of body work that seems to go along with some of the cheaper parts. I had really hoped to work on the car this winter, but that won't be happening. I'm not going to dis-assemble the 69 until all of the parts are sitting here in my shop. I already have my challenger convert parts taking up half of the shop.
As for color, with you being a body man, you should really go for black with a red or white wing. Talk about sinister looking. I had thought of copying Rene's idea of going with the black scheme, but it gets so hot here in the south that black cars can be miserable to drive in the summer time. Black cars with black interiors are the next closest thing to a convection oven down here. My original plan was to go with a color close to a color that was actually availbale in 69 but I may just go with something kind of wild instead, like limelight, plum crazy or curious yellow. Looks like I have plenty of time to decide.
Can't wait to see what color you've chosen.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

Charger_Fan

Quote from: 6pkrunner on November 10, 2005, 09:39:30 PM
Damn CF - this is one gorgeous combo on the '68
I think so too! :icon_smile_big:
And seeing that color in real life is just... :drool5:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

BigBlockSam

howdy
i'm building a black one with a white wing but i like this combo

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

69_500

Black white wing, black interior? Is that how your going to so it Sam?

ChargerSG

There is only one color and that is Black with a white wing, you have a good photo of it there....
Looking for 383 Magnum #0B196875 and 0B115166

BigBlockSam

Quote--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Black white wing, black interior? Is that how your going to so it Sam? 

yes, i think thats a mean combo, i got lucky and found a 69 charger  se . in the classifieds of the old charger board. it was 20 minutes away.  tight car everything works . had some rust issues but i'm cutting all that crap out. it's got a great rebuilt 383. runs great, stock. i'm gonna rip that out and throw in a big 440 sixpack motor. here's a pic of the doner car.

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

ChargerBill

Sounds sweeet! Can't wait to see pics. I guess I'll have to wait o see someone paint an F6 Daytona...or amybe that'll be a future project of mine.

Hey, I'm just curious...was there EVER a stripe delete Dayona?
Life is a highway...

Andrew

Andrew

I dont have a real car, so Il just paint a model one   ;D

BigBlockSam

do  the white seats makes the outside colors pop! say hi to Artie at stinger for me, he's the only one that told me you'll have your parts in three weeks and i did. Rene

Charger_Fan

Sounds like a good color combo, can't wait to see that thing finished! ;)

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

69_500

If i'm not mistaken that black Daytona is in Michigan. But it origionally was V2 orange I believe.

BigBlockSam

i like this car . but i don't know were i got this pic

RECHRGD

For some reason I've always been partial to Y2 with black accents.  ;D  Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

hotrod98

One cool thing about cloning a '70 is that you can use the more comfortable high back seats and the door scoops and it's considered acceptable. Put that same stuff on a '69 and people roll their eyes.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams