News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Ebay and killer deals on superbirds

Started by petercharger, March 16, 2009, 10:28:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hemi_tyme

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

hotrod98

Man, I didn't realize that Ross was a beer drinking, drunk driving mofo.  :2thumbs:

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

pettybird

Quote from: hotrod98 on March 20, 2009, 07:10:27 PM
You guys are not driving these cars as much as I'm talking about. 16,000 miles in 27 years isn't exactly driving a car. That's 1.5 miles a day.
No wonder you've never had an accident.

well, we have over 60K miles in 32 years.  that's 5 miles a day, and you know what they say about people having more accidents within 5 miles of home...

also, I live in Cleveland.  cool that you drove your car 500 miles last week--I haven't even opened the door to verify the car's still there since November.  figure many of us can't drive the cars for half a year. 

another point is that I'm spoiled by newer cars.  my crappy $1000 '93 Ranger with 185,000 miles on it still has working A/C, cruise, cloth seats, HD radio, etc.  COULD I drive the 'bird daily?  Sure...but I'm not going to.  half the mileage, AM radio, vinyl seats, loud exhaust...  it gets old, especially running 75 miles a day round trip.  I don't have a problem stopping to get groceries, toys at walmart, etc. when the car is already out, though, and sometimes it's cool to drive it for no good reason.  I'm far lazier than afraid someone's going to change lanes on me. 

hotrod98

I sure hope that everyone knows that I'm jerking everybody's chains. The cloners know me too well.
I'm envious of the guys with the real cars, but not jealous. My wife and I had our annual conversation today about renewing the search for a real bird. We both agree that we need to wait just a little longer. Some day I'll own a real bird and I'll drive it fairly often. For now, we plan to add front disc brakes and install a new tranny and convertor that we've had sitting in a crate to make the runner a little more safe and reliable. I'll probably drive it to Branson for Mopars in May. That will add another 500 miles to the odometer right there. We take the scenic route.
What we plan to look for in a bird is a non matchng numbers restorable car that is decently solid, but not necessarily perfect body wise.
I don't expect to get it dirt cheap but it shouldn't be as expensive as a matching numbers survivor or freshly restored car. Time will tell.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

nakita7

Drive a car??? What is the matter with you guys? Chrysler never intended for a car to be driven, you're supposed to lock it up in your garage and brag(er...I mean, tell) everyone you meet about it.

I find these 'price' and 'What's it worth?" threads absolutely hilarious sometimes. It's like some people honestly believe that prices will just rise forever! Give your friggin' head a shake. Been into Mopars a long time. Mopars went up in value in the early 80's after Dukes and movies using them and everyone starts hoarding them. Prices go way up, wow! Late 80's prices came back to 'normal' for about 10 years. Then the 'Million Dollar Hemi Cuda' thing hits. Now this time, it's not just 'Mopar guys' (and I use that one loosely), but every flipping business man from all over the globe has to get in on the action. Oh sorry, they aren't business people, they are 'Muscle Enthusiasts'. Now, the whole world, is just now, realizing they are in debt and the economy slows. Prices will go down for a few years (yes, it will be years, period).

I realize the 'Good Old Days' will never return:

- when guys bought/race/traded these car because they actually liked them
- when arm-chair stock brokers were not getting info in chatrooms about this car they 'found'
- when Mom and Dad said, "If you want that car, get working and save up for it"
- when you could actual drive the car
- when 'Barnfinds' were rats, mice or maybe a skunk
- when bodyshops actually just fixed these cars, instead of being pseudo-car lots
- and when banks did NOT finance 'old' cars

Sorry if it seemed like a rant, it's just that I view them as cars, simply cars, not idols or 401K's. They rust and decay just like Toyotas and in the end...really won't matter, will they?

GeneralLeeTESH

Forget the Wing car- I think i can have MORE fun with the Monkey !   :o :yesnod: :scratchchin: :scratchchin:
The TESH

pettybird

Quote from: GeneralLeeTESH on March 30, 2009, 01:39:50 PM
Forget the Wing car- I think i can have MORE fun with the Monkey !   :o :yesnod: :scratchchin: :scratchchin:

what you do on your own time is your own business.  this is a family forum, thank you very much.