News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Flame red or Viper red

Started by Tiberius71, April 04, 2009, 12:18:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiberius71

Hey Group! 
I am going to be painting my 1971 Charger and I am torn between flame red, or Viper Red. I was wondering if anyone could send me pictures of cars painted flame red, or Viper red so I can see the difference.  I have seen the paint chips online, but is there maybe some pics of cars that anyone has that have either flame red or viper red paint? Anything will be much appreciated.  thank you

Jim K
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee,Viper Red with Black Vinal Top

flyinlow

Go to a Dodge Dealership look for a car that color.

daytonalo

I'm about to spray my 95 Dodge ram 2500 Diesel with Viper red . Should be done in a week or two . If I like it that much my Daytona will be that color

ChgrSteve67

68charger383

Quote from: ChgrSteve67 on April 05, 2009, 12:07:06 AM
My Charger is Viper Red

Pictures
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,1880.160.html

I'd go with flame red   :rofl:

Only kidding, I'd go with the viper red, nice and brite color.
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

ChgrSteve67

I was debating between the two myself.

I have not actually seen the two paint colors side by side but looking at the two individually I think the flame red has a touch more orange in it than the viper red.

plus Viper Red sounds more bad ass than flame red.

LOL

71ChallengeHer

It's not a Charger but my friend;s Dart in Flame Red. I hope it helps. And a Charger In Viper Red

Fitz73Chrgr

Tough choice, I'd say go with Viper Red, it'll stand out more.  Of course if you plan on selling the car, remember, the more original the better.
'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

Tiberius71

Thank you so much for all of your opinions.  I think I'll go with the viper red.  I went to a paint store this past week and looked through the chips, and the pictures you all provided really made up my mind.  Thank you again.  Viper red does also sound more bad ass

1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee,Viper Red with Black Vinal Top

matchek

I know this thread is a decade old, but what is the difference between the stock 1970 Dodge Charger Colors of "Red" and "Bright Red" versus the "Dodge Viper Red".   Anyone know?  Hard to tell from the Internet lighting angles.
1970 Dodge Charger with 1972 440 engine

hemi-hampton

any Red is going to be expensive.  :o LEON.

Finoke

I went with Ford Race Red which is a modern color. It really popped in the sun and contrasted great with a white interior.

Mike DC

Film/video affects colors.  You have to see colors in real life to really judge it.  

Look at the difference in the orange shade here.  Same car, same time: