News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

XV lower radiator support

Started by runningman, April 06, 2009, 07:23:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

runningman

Can this piece be installed behind the existing support piece without getting in the way of anything?  I am thinking of trimming the back of the support and having just enough space to get the mig gun in there and keeping most of the stock piece.  I will be using the little extension pieces as well so there is clearance for the radiator.  Anyone done this??

Rolling_Thunder

Well...     here's the thing - it can be installed behind the stock lower rad support but stock radiators will not fit...       to mount it with the blocks to lower it (so a stock radiator will fit) will require removing the stock lower rad support or trimming the sh!t out of it...    at that point I would just cut it off.
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

runningman

Sorry, I wasn't very specific in my description.  What I was thinking of doing was installing the XV piece 3 or 4 inches toward the K-frame with extension pieces which should allow me to keep the stock piece as well.  I am just not sure if there would be any interference with any other components such as a sway bar and what not.  Thanks!

runningman

I also have to add that I have had my car torn apart for about three years now so I am not totally sure what kind of issues I would run into moving that piece back.  If it's better to just drill out the spot welds and install it where the current support is that is fine too.  I should have the pass side 26" support welded in soon also.  Just want to see if there are any better options.

Rolling_Thunder

there is not much room between the stock rad support and the K-member mount...      doubt it will fit there -
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip