News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Stained Rear Glass

Started by 1968Dodge, April 10, 2009, 12:50:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1968Dodge

I've got these smudges on the back glass of my car that will not come off with lacquer thinner or anything I've tried. Does anybody have a glass polish or trick they like for cleaning glass that looks like its stained?
'68 Charger R/T. Mild 440, 3.54 Dana.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Sometimes white vinegar can get stuff out...also cerum oxide is a glass polish
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Corellian Corvette

Barkeepers Friend. Best stuff on the planet for glass.

You can get it in most local grocery stores/Wal-Mart. It comes in one of those cardboard tubes like Comet. Occasionally you can find it in a plastic bottle liquid form. Both work great.

This stuff is designed to clean glass (hence the 'barkeepers' part) and will leave a no-streak finish and gets rid of stains and hard water spots. It also works fantastic on your chrome bumpers and stainless trim.

It is a powder, and will leave a slightly chalky residue so be sure and rince the car well if you're cleaning glass already on the car. I would clean the glass, rince well, then do a full car wash.

http://www.barkeepersfriend.com/

speedfreak68

i thought that this was a thread about getting stained glass put in your charger...haha  :D