News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Solar Control Glass Answered

Started by 06DaytonaR/T, November 11, 2005, 11:02:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

06DaytonaR/T

:icon_smile: Hey everybody I'm back from the new charger site because sombody asked about solar control glass that is in the new charger I have #1347-4000 Daytona R/T Go Man-Go.  The solar control glass as I found out helps regulate interior temp.  When its sunny hot you don't burn your butt. On the black seat.  When it is cold the warm sun all day will stay in the car even when the sun goes down.  This is the best answer we have available from Dodge.  The interior was real comfotable from day one I guess this is why.  Its like being back in there if you know what I mean.
Looks like a two door challenger for next year with the Viper Motor.   :yesnod:

Charger_Fan

Hmmm...I guess that one goes in the "what will they think of next" file. ;D

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Troy

I remember the thread. All I can find out about Dodge is that they use front and rear solar control glass on the Stratus but I didn't see any models with it all around. It seems to be just a UV blocker.

Here's some more info (but maybe not the exact manufacturer):
http://www.pilkington.com/about+pilkington/education/glass+in+vehicles/solar+control.htm

This one's cool as it mentions that the glass can be electrically heated (assuming no visible wires here):
http://corporateportal.ppg.com/OEMGlass/Information/ProductsandServices/SungateWindshield/sungate.htm

FYI - no one officially "kicked you off" the site so I'd appreciate it if you weren't stating that as a fact elsewhere. If you are going to talk about the site then at least get the name right... :D

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Ghoste

Shakey

Quote from: Troy on November 11, 2005, 05:27:08 PM

FYI - no one officially "kicked you off" the site so I'd appreciate it if you weren't stating that as a fact elsewhere. If you are going to talk about the site then at least get the name right... :D

Troy

Yeah - it was more like he was run outta town by the locals!