News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

C500 resto

Started by C500, April 18, 2009, 12:24:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mytur Binsdirti

C500

Hey guys... managed to get some paint onto the original block.
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

hemi68charger

Quote from: C500 on November 17, 2020, 10:45:19 PM

Looks good... You going to paint the spark plug wire brackets separately then install? what about your spark plug wire heat shields attached to the head bolts?

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

C500

Quote from: hemi68charger on November 18, 2020, 11:11:19 AM

Looks good... You going to paint the spark plug wire brackets separately then install? what about your spark plug wire heat shields attached to the head bolts?

Yes, painting separately  :2thumbs:
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

aerolith

F8 heaven...
Never send to know, for whom the bell tolls,
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623

aerolith

I wasn't gonna say anything but feel I must!

As a fellow F8 C500 owner and oilpan officionado, I think from the pics thats a 70 pan... :shruggy:
Just fitted one to a 70-440ci sixpack engine and got one on my 71-440ci Gtx too... :icon_smile_big:

My worry is it won't fit the 69 K-member... :scratchchin: :scratchchin: :scratchchin:
402 pan is coming to mind here. :2thumbs:
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623

C500

Quote from: aerolith on November 19, 2020, 04:34:38 AM
I wasn't gonna say anything but feel I must!

As a fellow F8 C500 owner and oilpan officionado, I think from the pics thats a 70 pan... :shruggy:
Just fitted one to a 70-440ci sixpack engine and got one on my 71-440ci Gtx too... :icon_smile_big:

My worry is it won't fit the 69 K-member... :scratchchin: :scratchchin: :scratchchin:
402 pan is coming to mind here. :2thumbs:

Thanks for the advice.... yes, it is a new oil pan, a Hemi style 6 Quart from 440 source, and listed to fit an 440 RB engine. If it doesn't fit, I'll be pretty pissed. Had it a couple of years. The old 402 pan was pretty banged up.  :2thumbs:

Listing here: http://store.440source.com/1970-71-Hemi-E-Body-6-Quart-Oil-Pan-Plain-Steel/productinfo/200-1123/

aerolith

Hi C500,

Sorry to 'rain on your parade' Old Timer!

NOT my intention at ALL!!!

Oilpan clearances have been a 'bug-bear' of mine 'for years' with Mopars.
Even pans that are supposed to fit actually don't, sometimes.

I agree the 402 is a bit small for a 440ci Hipo engine, but the 69 hemi pan is probably worse lol.
I think the 70-71 pan is easily the best of the range and never thought it could be fitted to an earlier car 'without mods'...

But knowing Brandon at 440 source, if he says it will fit, then it will... :2thumbs:
He must have had it slightly re-designed before manufacture, so its a NO-brainer for all 440 hipo engines!!! :cheers:

I assume its not an exact copy of the SIX-QUART factory pan, but something very similar?

Carry on the GOOD work Old Timer antipodean! :notworthy:
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623

gtx6970

Wow, this is the 1st time seeing this one going on.

i LOVE F8 green , and would look killer with white interior, white stripe and whiteline tires. IMO the red lines would get lost in all that dark green

With all the paint work done and engine done, its all down hill from here . This is where the fun really starts,,,,for it is anyway .

C500

Quote from: aerolith on November 23, 2020, 05:47:03 AM
Hi C500,

Sorry to 'rain on your parade' Old Timer!

NOT my intention at ALL!!!

Oilpan clearances have been a 'bug-bear' of mine 'for years' with Mopars.
Even pans that are supposed to fit actually don't, sometimes.

I agree the 402 is a bit small for a 440ci Hipo engine, but the 69 hemi pan is probably worse lol.
I think the 70-71 pan is easily the best of the range and never thought it could be fitted to an earlier car 'without mods'...

But knowing Brandon at 440 source, if he says it will fit, then it will... :2thumbs:
He must have had it slightly re-designed before manufacture, so its a NO-brainer for all 440 hipo engines!!! :cheers:

I assume its not an exact copy of the SIX-QUART factory pan, but something very similar?

Carry on the GOOD work Old Timer antipodean! :notworthy:

Not a problem - glad you mentioned something  :2thumbs: I'm placing my trust in 440 source that it fits  :coolgleamA:  :cheers: Your 500 in F8 looks a beauty  :scope: :thumbs:

C500

Quote from: gtx6970 on November 23, 2020, 09:57:55 AM
Wow, this is the 1st time seeing this one going on.

i LOVE F8 green , and would look killer with white interior, white stripe and whiteline tires. IMO the red lines would get lost in all that dark green

With all the paint work done and engine done, its all down hill from here . This is where the fun really starts,,,,for it is anyway .

:2thumbs: Yip, white interior eventually, white stripe. I have some Magnums with whitelines, and some steel factory style wheels too, with a couple of hubcap options. Redlines will go on those eventually.

C500

Quote from: hemi68charger on November 18, 2020, 11:11:19 AM

Hey Troy - how many heat shields should there be? One?

gtx6970

should be a bat wing style shield on passengers side , and a smaller cup shaped shield drivers side

Drivers side is held under on the nuts that holds the exhaust manifold on

Pass side is held under 2 head bolts

C500

Quote from: gtx6970 on November 23, 2020, 08:44:13 PM
should be a bat wing style shield on passengers side , and a smaller cup shaped shield drivers side

Drivers side is held under on the nuts that holds the exhaust manifold on

Pass side is held under 2 head bolts

thanks  :2thumbs:

C500

Just got my wiper motor back, restored by Bruce... and it's a thing of beauty  :pity:

hemi68charger

Quote from: C500 on November 30, 2020, 09:14:02 PM
Just got my wiper motor back, restored by Bruce... and it's a thing of beauty  :pity:

Nice !!!  Bruce did mine as well..... Looks even better on the car....
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

odcics2

Before install, drop it a few times, like they did on the assembly line.  :eek2:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

aerolith

Beautiful!

Glad mines a black and ugly two speed... :leaving:

Slow and even slower... :'( :'( :'(
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623

C500

Dash media blasted and painted in the correct green, with suede finish.

hemi68charger

Bruce did mine too, great service provider.. Top notch....

Well done on the resto thus far........
Troy

C500

Quote from: hemi68charger on March 09, 2021, 10:39:53 AM

Bruce did mine too, great service provider.. Top notch....

Well done on the resto thus far........

Thanks Troy, progress is really ramping up now. Putting the new wiring harness in now, restored heater box in yesterday too.

Bob T

Quote from: C500 on March 09, 2021, 02:57:03 AM

I reckon you should get some green suede shoes to go with a white suit - that would look sharp  ;)
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

C500

Quote from: Bob T on March 09, 2021, 04:43:51 PM
Quote from: C500 on March 09, 2021, 02:57:03 AM

I reckon you should get some green suede shoes to go with a white suit - that would look sharp  ;)

:haha:

C500

Restored steering column, ready for reassembly

C500