News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1969 DODGE CHARGER 500 BUILD SHEET FOR SALE

Started by als500, April 20, 2009, 06:49:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

I could be wrong, but I'd guess you're the kind of guy that if that Superbird ever turned up (assuming you don't know already that this is an impossibility or something) you'd want to see the tag and the car reunited.  I also get the impression that you wouldn't be the type to only reunite them if there was a huge profit in it for you.  Your expenses sure and maybe even a little pocket money for your trouble, but not a big "wait 'til I tell my buddies" sort of flip.  Would that be a fair estimate of your character?

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

maxwellwedge

I found the wrong sheet in many cars and actually reunited a few of them with the vehicle.
The last one was a sheet I found in Doctona. I called the guru, got the name and called the current owner and Fed-Ex'd the sheet to him. 2 long distance calls and Fed-Ex charges to me....cost to current owner $0.00.....another car and sheet re-united - priceless! I told him to buy me a beer if we ever meet at a car show.

The only owner of a buildsheet is the car it belongs to.

hemigeno

Quote from: maxwellwedge on April 23, 2009, 11:33:27 AM
I found the wrong sheet in many cars and actually reunited a few of them with the vehicle.
The last one was a sheet I found in Doctona. I called the guru, got the name and called the current owner and Fed-Ex'd the sheet to him. 2 long distance calls and Fed-Ex charges to me....cost to current owner $0.00.....another car and sheet re-united - priceless! I told him to buy me a beer if we ever meet at a car show.

:2thumbs: :notworthy: :2thumbs:

ChgrSteve67

I just finished re-upholstering the seats in my Charger and found two Broadcast sheets.
One in the Front Pass seat and one in the Rear Pass seat.
Both sheets were very close to my vin and one of them is for an export. Also both are for Chargers that were built after mine.
I would say the chance of my seats being replaced from these two Charger because they were parted out or wrecked is almost nill.
Most likely seats were damaged at the factory and mine ended up an another Charger (or trash pile) and they took these seats that were supose to go in another Charger and put them in mine.

I can tell you that the broadcast sheet that was in the rear seat was not easy to get to. The skin had to be completely removed as well as removing an access plate in order to get to it. So it had to be put there at the time the seat was upholstered not as the car was being assembled going down the line.

XP29F72351425      318 LA 230HP 2BBL 8CYL

Export Charger
XP29G72351468     383 B 270HP 2BBL 8CYL

If you can prove it's your car, it's yours.  (Might Cost you a beer or two)

moparstuart

:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:  thats the right way to do it , and the way it should be

xs29j8Bullitt

In the past few years I have given original broadcast sheets to the current owners of 5 Mopars free of charge, including USPS Priority Mail shipping.  Included were the sheets for a black Hemi Challenger and a Challenger T/A, with the T/A sheet sent through Barry Washington who located the owner through an eBay sale.  Interestingly, only Barry thanked me for the one I sent through him, the other recipients were silent... although one said "thanks again"  :scratchchin: when he called about a year later wanting me to track down the previous owners of a friend's car...

Similarly, I provided some other original documentation & pictures to the current owner of a 1970 Hemi Road Runner that I used to own... silence as well.  At a show in Houston in the late 1980s, I offered the owner of the B7 Hemi Charger 500 an old original title from the car as well as a few license receipts... he replied that I could not possibly have any thing related to the car and literally turned his back to me.

I have about half a dozen more original broadcast sheets that I am trying to reunite with the Mopars they came in... for the good of the hobby, not the value to the current owners.  Included are the sheets that came in my Daytona and Charger 500...

I would pay $200 for the sheets to my Daytona & Charger 500... though not "gladly", only "willingly"...  :lol:
After 8 years of downsizing, whats left...
1968 Charger R/T, Automatic, 426 Hemi
1968 Polara 4Dr Sdn, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1968 Polara 4Dr HT, Automatic, 383
1969 Charger 500, 4 Speed, 440 Magnum
1969 Daytona, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1969 Road Runner, 4 Speed, 426 Hemi
1970 `Cuda, Automatic, 440-6BBL
1970 Challenger T/A, Automatic, 340 6 Pack
2004 Ram, Automatic, 5.7L Hemi
2009 Challenger SRT8, Automatic, 6.1L Hemi
<This Space Reserved for a 2016 Challenger SRT Hellcat, 8Sp Automatic,

69_500

I'm trying a few more times tonight to get ahold of the people that I last knew of as having car 217178 and if I don't get ahold of them I'm going to stop bidding. I just can't justify to my wife spending that much on a sheet that I have personal interest in other than trying to get it back to the right car.

maxwellwedge

Quote from: xs29j8Bullitt on April 23, 2009, 05:38:23 PM

I would pay $200 for the sheets to my Daytona & Charger 500... though not "gladly", only "willingly"...  :lol:

Amen to that!

als500

Maybe we should take up a donation with the member here and buy the build sheet for the hobby. I'm sure the owner of the 500 will show up one day. OK just kidding, we don't have to get crazy about this. :icon_smile_cool:

hemigeno

Quote from: xs29j8Bullitt on April 23, 2009, 05:38:23 PM
In the past few years I have given original broadcast sheets to the current owners of 5 Mopars free of charge, including USPS Priority Mail shipping.  Included were the sheets for a black Hemi Challenger and a Challenger T/A, with the T/A sheet sent through Barry Washington who located the owner through an eBay sale.  Interestingly, only Barry thanked me for the one I sent through him, the other recipients were silent... although one said "thanks again"  :scratchchin: when he called about a year later wanting me to track down the previous owners of a friend's car...

Similarly, I provided some other original documentation & pictures to the current owner of a 1970 Hemi Road Runner that I used to own... silence as well.  At a show in Houston in the late 1980s, I offered the owner of the B7 Hemi Charger 500 an old original title from the car as well as a few license receipts... he replied that I could not possibly have any thing related to the car and literally turned his back to me.

I have about half a dozen more original broadcast sheets that I am trying to reunite with the Mopars they came in... for the good of the hobby, not the value to the current owners.  Included are the sheets that came in my Daytona and Charger 500...

Allen, it's surprising that people haven't been more appreciative of your efforts to GIVE them info about their own vehicle.  Heck, I'm interested in people who may have just SEEN one of my cars "back in the day", much less have any paperwork. 

That's a sad testament to some people's indifference to the goodwill of others, but there are a ton of other people who still respect your attitude on the subject.  Me for one...   :wave:

69_500

Allen I'm still on the look out for the sheet to either your 500 or your Daytona. One of these days they might show up. I might have to hold the sheet to your 500 ransom though until you let me have the car. JK. I tried again today to get ahold of the last known owner of the 500 that this sheet goes to. Still no answer, just voice mails.

69_500

I'm done bidding on the sheet. Finally got ahold of Jim who had the car for sale at Carlilse. He still owns the car, and is going to contact the seller on Ebay to try to get the sheet. He was astounded that anyone would bid on the sheet if it didn't go to their car. Had to tell him I was guilty of bidding on it as well. By the way to anyone interested the car is still for sale too.

moparstuart

that boggles my mind that no one bidding on it at that price is the owner.   :shruggy: :shruggy:   
  I would hope if the one for my car showed up it wouldn't have several people bidding on it .  :shruggy:   

xs29j8Bullitt

Quote from: moparstuart on April 24, 2009, 03:41:54 PM
that boggles my mind that no one bidding on it at that price is the owner.   :shruggy: :shruggy:   
  I would hope if the one for my car showed up it wouldn't have several people bidding on it .  :shruggy:   

I sure would not be bidding on your b/c sheet... I'm too cheap!  :lol:

Hmmmm... $177 bid for a 440 C500 b/c sheet... wonder what this one would bid up to...  :scratchchin: J/K  :angel:

Alaskan_TA

People are strange sometimes. In all the years I have been doing what I do here, I have mailed out well over 300 items to folks that matched their cars.

Less that half of them even bothered to say thank you.

Some said thanks & that was it.

A few have reimbursed me for the postage.

Several of them have sent in items they found to help keep the process moving, this is great, I love cool mail.  :cheers:

And, every once in a while someone says thanks & makes a donation.  :yesnod:

I helped one guy get a broadcast sheet for his car (He got it for free then sent the guy that found it $50.00), then he sold one he had on Ebay even though I had told him I knew who owned the car.  ::)

Barry

WINGR

Quote from: 69_500 on April 24, 2009, 03:07:42 PM
Allen I'm still on the look out for the sheet to either your 500 or your Daytona. One of these days they might show up. I might have to hold the sheet to your 500 ransom though until you let me have the car. JK. I tried again today to get ahold of the last known owner of the 500 that this sheet goes to. Still no answer, just voice mails.

Hey Danny, you mean I would have to talk you out of Allen's build sheet, since I'm getting the B5 car.  :smilielol:

Man, I think we're both dreaming.

xs29j8Bullitt

Quote from: WINGR on April 24, 2009, 10:29:36 PM

Hey Danny, you mean I would have to talk you out of Allen's build sheet, since I'm getting the B5 car.  :smilielol:

:scratchchin:  Steve, did you mean to openly post that... or is it another mis-addressed PM like happened a couple of months ago?  :smilielol:  :smilielol:  :smilielol:

Dans 68

Quote from: Alaskan_TA on April 24, 2009, 08:26:32 PM
People are strange sometimes....

Barry, you just keep on doing what you are doing...it is incredible work. You will be rewarded so don't worry about the idiot outliers under the proverbial bell curve.  :2thumbs:

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

moparchris

Allen,
Is your broadcast sheet for XX29J9B210742?  Please, Please, Please!!!!!

xs29j8Bullitt

Quote from: moparchris on April 25, 2009, 07:21:36 PM
Allen,
Is your broadcast sheet for XX29J9B210742?  Please, Please, Please!!!!!

Sorry... it is not a match.

Here are the two aerocar VINs that I have B/C Sheets for...

EMF

Just wondering if anyone has sheets for "164197, or "210717. Could not find anything in either car.

Davtona

$610.00  :o  :o  I'm hoping the current car owner got it. Why would anyone else bid $600.00 on a build sheet if it wasn't for their car.  :shruggy:  It should be with the car.  :Twocents:

WINGR

Quote from: xs29j8Bullitt on April 25, 2009, 10:59:06 AM
Quote from: WINGR on April 24, 2009, 10:29:36 PM

:scratchchin:  Steve, did you mean to openly post that... or is it another mis-addressed PM like happened a couple of months ago?  :smilielol:  :smilielol:  :smilielol:

No Allen, this isn't a mistake I am just stating the facts right? How are you doing, hope all is well. How's the 500 coming along?

moparstuart

Quote from: Davtona on April 26, 2009, 07:40:41 PM
$610.00  :o  :o  I'm hoping the current car owner got it. Why would anyone else bid $600.00 on a build sheet if it wasn't for their car.  :shruggy:  It should be with the car.  :Twocents:
:scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: