News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How many here work in the auto related industry and having trouble?

Started by oldcarnut, April 23, 2009, 11:38:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldcarnut

Just wondering how many people here work in the auto related industry and have job problems because of the current state of affairs with it?  I'm a machinery mechanic that works in a place that mfg's antilock brakes, gas injectors, and diesel injection systems for auto builders-mainly the big 3.  When nobody is buying cars, they don't need orders to make more.  Just laid off about 250 people Friday with more to come.  Jan they laid off more than a hundred.  Time off is quite regular and full paychecks are few for many. Now with possibly GM and Chry. shut downs or bankruptcy filings who knows whats next.  I do ok than most as maint. has to be there for breakdowns/repairs when at least some of production is running but many others are behind in payments etc. as unemployment doesn't go to far.  Anybody else in the autoparts or related supplier seeing it too?