News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

iced clone

Started by BPTRacing, April 24, 2009, 04:04:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BPTRacing

Quote from: mauve66 on April 26, 2009, 01:10:42 PM

15.5?? i couldn't get that with my 05 hemi ram if i had a tailwind, and that's WITHOUT any trailer or top secret government project, if i got that good of mileage i might still have it :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:

Ahh, I see the problem - Hemi ram - Mine is a '01 Cummins Turbo Diesel 4x4 - added a computer - about 360 HP with a 6-speed
Selling all my current toys to build a Twin Turbo Superbird clone "street" car.

69charger2002

looks like a great project.  i am on the hunt for a 70 satellite/rr to make a clone out of. that car is exactly what i would love to find
good luck with it!
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

moparstuart

Quote from: 69charger2002 on April 26, 2009, 05:13:35 PM
looks like a great project.  i am on the hunt for a 70 satellite/rr to make a clone out of. that car is exactly what i would love to find
good luck with it!
trav
look forward to seeing that project trav   :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

BPTRacing

Have had the car at home for 5 days now. Gett'in antsy to get somthing done! Decided to install the Alter-K-tion front suspension. Would have gone smoother had I not locked up the air hammer. Had to grind off the bump stops to fit the alter-k-tion frame in place. about 6 hours frrm time the tire came off till they went back on.

BPTRacing

Also re-installed the wing just to make me feel better  :icon_smile_big:

properly this time, wasn't correct when I got it - wrong placement, not square with the car, etc..

69bronzeT5

Frickin' awesome!!! :drool5:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

b5blue

WOW! Your going to town!  :2thumbs:

moparstuart

A383Wing

Hey Stuart...ya might wanna share some of that popcorn....yer gonna make yerself fat!

moparstuart

Quote from: A383Wing on May 01, 2009, 09:56:33 PM
Hey Stuart...ya might wanna share some of that popcorn....yer gonna make yerself fat!
too late

BPTRacing

Spent the day digging one of my previous projects out of the shed to put up for Sale.

Measured the rear end, and I think it will fit right into the bird body.

So I guess the truck will have to go up for sale with out the rear end or the tires and wheels.

Already have the fronts installed on the bird. Might take a little longer to get the rear ones on.

33x18.5 Quick Time Pro's

I am hesitating slightly in that the rear end is a Fird 9" instead of a Dana.  ::)
3.89 gear, 40 spline Moser axles and spool - disk brakes, top gun four link.

mikepmcs

Hey, you got the rear, it's a well known proven and dependable one, no money out of pocket, and it fits.  I say stuff it.  More pictures please, this is awesome.   :popcrn: :icon_smile_big:
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

rav440

1973 PLYMOUTH road runner GTX

ds440

I'm really excited to see your progress!   :cheers:

Definitely keep us posted.... :popcrn:
1968 Charger R/T, 440 auto.

BPTRacing

The front rims/tires look good and went on no problem - note the spiffy slotted/cross drilled rotors!  :icon_smile_big:

The rear tires are going to take a little more work to get under the car, but I am sure I'll figure it out!

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

69bronzeT5

Don't know if you posted this or not but what did the car start off as? Small block Satellite?
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

BigBlockSam

THAT WILL LOOK VERY , VERY COOL   :cheers:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

BPTRacing

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on May 04, 2009, 06:57:06 PM
Don't know if you posted this or not but what did the car start off as? Small block Satellite?

Well, I have not posted it.

But HAD I wanted, I have a numbers matching 70 GTX w/60K miles I COULD have used for this conversion.   ;D,
Instead I drove 2400 miles to a country that would not allow me access, to pick up a project car.

so what do you think??   :cheers:

moparstuart

Quote from: BPTRacing on May 05, 2009, 12:29:44 AM
Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on May 04, 2009, 06:57:06 PM

Well, I have not posted it.

But HAD I wanted, I have a numbers matching 70 GTX w/60K miles I COULD have used for this conversion.   ;D,
Instead I drove 2400 miles to a country that would not allow me access, to pick up a project car.

so what do you think??   :cheers:
I think you  made a great move , the project will move along alot faster now.  You are cruising .

The GTX should be saved as a GTX   :Twocents: :Twocents:

Ghoste

Me too, I think you did the right thing by keeping the GTX as it is.

BigBlockSam

QuoteI think you  made a great move

:yesnod:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

BPTRacing

Spent the day drilling spot welds to remove the inner fender wells to make more room for the turbo's and turbo piping. The inners came out nice enough they could be re-used if needed.

Got the call that the engine bay on my GTX was painted and I need to pick the car up, so I guess I will have to take a break on the bird for a few weeks. I need to get the motor and trans re-installed in the GTX. And I guess while I am at it, I have the completely new/rebuilt front suspension from the bird car I could install in the GTX. 

Poor GTX has been sitting in various body shops since 1979 without a coat of paint. Long story, I bought it in 1999, sold it again, bought it back in 2003 - still never finished.

Finally found someone to start on it, but they want it movable under its own power, so I had them paint the engine compartment first, so I could install the newly rebuilt drivetrain.

b5blue

Man! This thing is going to be one "Bird-zilla"!!!  :2thumbs: