News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

There goes my baby! UPDATE:She came home Friday 9/27/13.

Started by FJ5WING, April 24, 2009, 07:36:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FJ5WING

UPDATE:

I finally had enough of the bodyman's BS and pulled the car out of his shop. I fabricated a story about selling the car so I could get the car without too much drama. after 15 months of having the car under his care the J.O. performed about 6 hours worth of work......I connected with another local shop which specializes in restoration not just dabbles in it. The new shop does nothing else but restos and has laid out a plan in which I will see monthy progress....WHOOT!!!!!
they will be documenting the progress digitally and told me to stop in anytime and check on the progress or just to BS. I hooked up with this crew through a good friend while at the Carlisle weekend and feel very good other than wondering what if I went here first?

pulling out of the hell that was my supposed slvation.

ready to offload in "my new heaven".
wingless now, but still around.

Charger-Bodie

Geez, It looks like an easy one too.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

1970Moparmann

You sent this to the shop on 4/19/09 and it looks like NOTHING has been worked on????  Now that sucks!
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

moparstuart

good for you , man now i will have a harder time getting it     :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

jonw29

Man that stinks.Why is it soo hard to do what you say your going to do?????15 months down the tubes.Now maybe it won't be long before it returns home in like new condition.

ACUDANUT

You got to spread the news about these a-holes. Name and location so the word gets out. :Twocents:

Topher

I don't think there's enough space on the net for such a list.

I know your pain. My Charger sat in a guys place for 6 months with NO work done, and I gave him HALF the money up front to buy supplies. 3 months and a court room visit after I went and took my car back, I got about a third of that money back. What puzzled me is the fact the guy(literally half my size) was talking smack to me about getting MY car back! WTH?! I never threatened him with physical harm or said a cross word to him.  :shruggy:

Sorry for the hijack. I'm glad you've found someone to finish your car.
Topher

67 Charger 383-4spd "the Dawg"

www.headlightmotorman.com

FJ5WING

I dont have pics because the camera was dead but I was at the shop to see the Bird. I dropped off some parts and talked with the guys for a while.
Its nice seeing progress, way more in a few short months than the previous 15ish.
they are in the middle of doing the "HOKEY-POKEY" with the nose ( you guys know-how many times is it going to be on and off) and have the dash and windshield out for me.

FJ5WING

I dropped in at the shop yesterday to see if theres been any progress.

I guess I was hoping for more but thrilled to see some.  :yesnod: since I last posted we found that the flash that occured during the long holding pattern would be better addressed with media rather that a DA. A contributing factor was that I spray bombed undercoating on because the blaster was unable to get all the original off and down to all metal.( I was hiding the poor job but was in a hurry to move things along. :slap: So we are going to blast the entire car again this time with media in place of the soda that was initially used.
The top will be coming off now too. the RR in the pic is getting a lot of metal work done to it. :eek2:

hemi68charger

Quote from: FJ5WING on January 20, 2011, 11:29:22 AM
The top will be coming off now too. the RR in the pic is getting a lot of metal work done to it. :eek2:

Glad you said that... I was starting to get confused on all these pictures being of your car. One pic it has it's quarter, the next one it's replaced...  :lol:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

BigBlockSam

Quotewas starting to get confused on all these pictures being of your car. One pic it has it's quarter, the next one it's replaced...  lol

me too
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

FJ5WING

I was at the body shop this week but the camera was dead so no more pics to confuse you guys! The updated pics would have really got you guys since my Bird and the 70 Runner look very similiar now.

anyway I do have a little piece of candy for you guys to look at. I have painted the wheels and Im very happy with how they turned out. I posted this elsewhere too so forgive me if you seen them there too.

The last pic is the way the overspray was on the factory paint, I couldnt really achieve that with any level of comfort because I didnt want to run the paint on the face.

moparstuart

great one step closer on my car
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

1970Moparmann

Quote from: FJ5WING on November 06, 2011, 02:29:57 PM
I was at the body shop this week but the camera was dead so no more pics to confuse you guys! The updated pics would have really got you guys since my Bird and the 70 Runner look very similiar now.

anyway I do have a little piece of candy for you guys to look at. I have painted the wheels and Im very happy with how they turned out. I posted this elsewhere too so forgive me if you seen them there too.

This is like looking at a foot of a hot chick....  Share some good pictures.

BTW, nice job on the wheels! :2thumbs:

FJ5WING

well, shes not a hot chick right now....shes in the hopital getting a makeover. :icon_smile_wink:

Aero426

Dave, them wheels are sure purty...

FJ5WING

I M SLOWLY MOVING ALONG.....I had a friend help out with the Dana ( I have no idea how to do the ring and pinnion dance and dont want to have problems later from learning on this job) Im really happy and for now only have limited pics. I would like to know who knows about the green plastic plug? Ive only seen red plugs available to buy so we went with the original green piece.
I will also be posting pics of the heater box as soon as I get the stamp in hand and can get the part number applied.

Wheres the snail smiley.............. :D

hemigeno

Quote from: FJ5WING on December 29, 2011, 04:47:02 AM
I would like to know who knows about the green plastic plug? Ive only seen red plugs available to buy so we went with the original green piece.

'69 used the red plug, although originals were more of a maroon or brick-red color rather than the brighter red available now - plus there is some lettering visible on the originals that is missing from the repop's.

'70 B-body usually had the green plug just like yours, so that's the one to re-use for certain.  The plugs get painted in place with the axle assembly, so a lot of times you can't tell what color they are until disassembly anyway.

:cheers:

FJ5WING

Thanks Hemigeno....this is my first go-round with a 70 year car and the first Dana Ive played with so Im running into a lot of close but not the sames, If you know what I mean.

supposed to have Green in the gun by the end of January so I getting stoked. Then again I dropped the car off at the first shop in March 08.  :icon_smile_blackeye:

FJ5WING

Ive got an update with a few pics!!!! YAY!

I went to check out a few concerns of the shop guys and to give my approval or not of the reassembly to see if we're ready for blocking and final prime. We going to spend some time working on the nose to fender alignment. I know they didnt have nice panel alignment from the start but Im not going to live with the "why didnt I" question in my head.

1970Moparmann

Looks like some good progress.  :2thumbs:

How were the quarters prior to replacing?  From the pictures you posted, they didn't look that bad.

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

wingcarenvy

Just out of curiousity why is the nose gloss black? BTW it looks awesome!  :2thumbs:

JB400

The black is that e coating.  It's the same thing as what is on reproduction body panels.  That would be my guess.

FJ5WING

The black is just some black that was handy at the time when they were working on some minor nose issues.

I'm very happy to say, I am offended that Moparmann thought the quarters were replaced! :nana: The quarters are factory original to this car with a LITTLE patch work to the wheel arch and the lowers behind the wheel arches. The wheel houses and trunk extensions are factory original. There was very little metal work needed on my car, just the forementioned and a portion of the drivers side floor pan under the pedals. I did have a LOT of metal pitting to the underside because of the prior owners attempt to protect the car and use spray bomb undercoating that was literally killing the car because it trapped moisture between the undercoating and floor pan. If not for that I would have just fixed the motor and had it on the road many-many years ago.