News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hydratech brake boosters ,anybody use them?

Started by RECHRGD, November 13, 2005, 10:33:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RECHRGD

I did a front SSB disc conversion last winter on my  manual brake '68.  The new brakes work great except for the fact it takes way too much pedal pressure to stop the car.  Ran across www.hydratechbraking.com in an earlier thread here.  The booster runs off on the power steering pump, allowing you to run a low vacumn combo and still have power brakes.  Does anybody here have any knowlege about this system?  It's pretty spendy, but sure looks trick.   Thanks,  Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

BrianShaughnessy

Ask NYCMille.  He put it on his car recently.  http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,1774.0.html

I believe there's at least 1 or 2 other members with it.
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

RECHRGD

Thanks Brian.  According to his post, he certainly seems to like the system.  The web site talks about a mild hydraulic "feedback" that would only be noticable on completely stock applications.  I'm not stock but fairly mild and am curious as to just what they're talking about.  If NYCmile doesn't chime in here, I'll E-mail him or maybe just contact the company for more information.   Thanks,  Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

Runner

bob did you instal a proportioning valve when you did the swap?

71 roadrunner 452 e heads  11.35@119 mph owned sence 1984
72 panther pink satellite sebring plus 383 727
68 satellite 383 4 speed  13.80 @ 102 mph  my daily driver
69 superbee clone 440    daughters car
72 dodge dart swinger slant six

RECHRGD

Hi Mike, yea, the kit came with a proportioining valve.  Now that the pads are broken in it seems OK around town, but still is way to hard a pedal to feel safe in a panic situation.  Thanks, Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

NYCMille

Dude - you have a PM - call me and tell you everything you want to know.

Cheers

greenrt_se

I put hydroboost in my 69 R/T in abouth 2 month ago (front 4-piston bendix and rear ssbc kit) now the brakes a exellent

Johnny SixPack

Great thread!

Mike, you said she'll stop on a dime.

How would you compare it to a modern car of the same size/weight?

Brakes are a major part of my build up, so I'd love to hear your take on the Baer setup.

TIA
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!