News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Front suspension question.

Started by clausoe, July 29, 2005, 12:19:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clausoe

Ok, I found this pic on the net, I hope its the from the right hand side.
I have had a squeaking sound for a long time in the front suspension and I finally found where it comes from, (arrow). It seems like that axel is not in the centre of the hole and is touching the metal of the larger hole but I was unable to see if there is supposed to be a bushing there or not. It is difficult to see what is what under there and my questions are as follows:
Are there bushings that could be worn in the place indicated by the arrow?
Does anybody have any exploded view pics of these parts?

Thanks   :icon_smile:

palindromes

That'd be your lower control arm bushing.  Those do wear out after a while and is likely what you're needing to replace.  I'm in the process of doing mine right now on the 68.  Kind of a pain, but is definitely a do-it-yourself job.  There's an article out on moparts.com that gives several suggestions on getting the job done(with pics).  The biggest trick is getting that outer bushing shell out of the LCA (imo).

CFMopar

www.moparmusclemagazine. had a article on their site bout rebuilding control arms. check it out.
1971 Charger SE 440 automatic
2014 Ram EcoDiesel Laramie
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCkKIkpXr-77fWg7JkeoV_g

TX9 Charger

BigBlackDodge

Dug mine out with a narrow chisel, a hammer and some patience. Of course I had to have the new ones pressed in.

They do tend to wear out........ ;D

Oh, and check my crack out.................. :o

BBD

Chryco Psycho

I ususally heat hte pin with a propane torch then pry the pin out with a pickle fork & then cut the rubber out , if you use the poly bushings you do not need t6o remove the outer shell of the old bushing which makes the job a lot easier

Charger_Fan

Quote from: TX9 Charger on July 30, 2005, 09:07:11 PM
Try this link if you want pics on how to replace the bushing.
:iagree: TX9's got this thing down easy!  :thumbs:

Oh & welcome to the new D-C, TX9! :wave:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

clausoe

Thanks for the advice. That pic you got there BigBlackDodge is exactly how mine looks, metal to metal making the most annoying sound ever..

TX9 Charger

QuoteOh & welcome to the new D-C, TX9!

Thanks Charger Fan!   Glad to be aboard.

MTPOCKET

Here's is a pic of a lower control arm.